It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best trailer I've seen in a long time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Action scenes look incredible - reminds me of Saving Private Ryan, with the gritty realistic long shots. I love gritty westerns (see The Proposition) - The Revenant looks like it will be pretty incredible based on this trailer.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The plot reminds me of Man in the Wilderness, with Richard Harris. I think it is the same story, actually - based on the true story of a man called Hugh Glass.

Looks like a good movie, and I like Dicaprio.

edit on 22-7-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: redtic
I agree, looks intense, finally a Movie I want to go see. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Oh yeah, the story of Hugh Glass, what an epic tale this is. And I'm actually glad Leo (in my best Dr. Evil voice) is playing Hugh Glass, I think he will do an admirable job.

Nice to see you mention The Proposition, I love that movie too. So gritty and grimey and great! I found myself trying to brush off flies while watching it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

The story of Hugh Glass is amazing and im glad leo is taking the role. Leo used to be so annoying to me but the guy now has several roles that has earned a place as a badass...Blood Diamond...and im sure he will be great in this one.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

But will Leo finally win an Oscar!!! While it looks awesome...not holding me breath.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

The story of Hugh Glass is amazing and im glad leo is taking the role. Leo used to be so annoying to me but the guy now has several roles that has earned a place as a badass...Blood Diamond...and im sure he will be great in this one.

Dicaprio is kind of like Nicolas cage, his movies can be either epic or just pathetic. But still, he deserves more recognition than just 'blood diamond' (as awesome as that was). He also kicked arse in 'The Beach', 'Catch Me if you can' and 'Basketball diaries'.

I'll check out this movie and hope for the best, but a decent movie these days is extremely rare and far between.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

ya totally agree...I just listed Blood Diamond cause that was my favorite...he is in another...I forget as a cia agent that was done pretty well. Im just glad to see him toughen up a bit.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Man, I havent seen a Leo movie that I didnt like. Which of his movies you think are pathetic?

This one looks real good too!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

He also kicked arse in 'The Beach', 'Catch Me if you can' and 'Basketball diaries'.

I'll check out this movie and hope for the best, but a decent movie these days is extremely rare and far between.

Catch Me If You Can is got to be one of my top 10 favorite movies. Awesome acting from both DiCaprio and Tom Hanks

Leonardo DiCaprio is definitely an underrated actor in my eyes. He has done countless excellent movies. He is one of my favorite actors....
With that being said, looks like a good movie. I'll be sure to catch it once it's out.
edit on 22-7-2015 by charolais because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2015 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

For some reason, my husband wants to hate him, but every time we walk out of a movie with Dicaprio in it, he always says, "damn, gotta admit that boy is pretty good." I remember my husband thinking that "The Aviator" would be horrible with Dicaprio in the role, but we both think he made it work.

My husband is probably just jealous as Dicaprio always has one of those model babes on his arm.
edit on 22-7-2015 by kaylaluv because: Keep misspelling Dicaprio's name!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
Which of his movies you think are pathetic?

lol, Titanic, Romeo & Juliet, just for starters.... But admittedly its because there chick flicks that just don't appeal to me.

The dude can play a wide range of characters very skillfully, there's no denying that.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout

Oh yeah, the story of Hugh Glass, what an epic tale this is. And I'm actually glad Leo (in my best Dr. Evil voice) is playing Hugh Glass, I think he will do an admirable job.

Nice to see you mention The Proposition, I love that movie too. So gritty and grimey and great! I found myself trying to brush off flies while watching it.

The Proposition was excellent. I was reading Blood Meridian at that time, and in many ways it reminded me of that book - I keep waiting for its movie version, but not sure it's filmable (if you've read it, you will know what I mean). The Revenant is apparently also a book - may have to check that out before seeing the movie.
edit on 22-7-2015 by redtic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
leo is awesome but im all over this for tom hardy
that dude is awesome

he was fab in child 44

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
But will Leo finally win an Oscar!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Trailer #2:

Damn, I'm predicting big things for this movie. Top ten lists, awards, oscar nom for leo maybe hardy. Can't wait.

new topics

top topics

join