It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dog Painkiller" Pet-owners meet justice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What kind of world do we live in when society wastes precious resources making painkillers for DOGS when HUMANS die from lack of food, lack of clean water, and preventable/curable diseases every day???

Well, at least these pet owners will get what they deserve.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
WTH is wrong with you!? Why shouldn't we have medications to help our pets? A medication is a medication.....meds used on dogs are the pretty much the same ones we use for humans, though some can be dangerous for animals that are safe for humans and vise versa.....ya have problems sweetie! Wasting research on dogs...LOL

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I with ladyV on this one...

Why should dogs not have pain killers?
Dogs have done alot for us humans, Guide dogs for the blind! dogs in the Army! sniffer dogs for bombs! dogs that assist sick children the list go's on and on,

i believe every living animal should have the right to be treated when in pain,
And i agree strongly that research should be done to find pain killers ect

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I agree with Asala and LadyV. To their owners dogs become a true member of the family. If it wasn�t for these pain killers I would have had to put my dog down two years ago. Personally if I had to choose between my own comfort and well being and my dogs, I would choose my dogs. This is how strongly I feel towards animals.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Personally if I had to choose between my own comfort and well being and my dogs, I would choose my dogs. This is how strongly I feel towards animals.
There have been times in my past that my kids ate first, then my pets, then me.......they are full fledged member of the family, dear to my heart! I have put my pets medical needs above my own before....you accept a responsibility to an animal when you take it in, animals are not disposable to throw out when things get hard, or they make mistakes (pee in the house, bark, etc...) you fix the problem.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeirToBokassa
What kind of world do we live in when society wastes precious resources making painkillers for DOGS when HUMANS die from lack of food, lack of clean water, and preventable/curable diseases every day???

Well, at least these pet owners will get what they deserve.

What you say is sociology, but it is not science. Pet owners "getting what they deserve," because their pet medications are defective, has nothing to do with the pet owners. It has to do with the pharmeceutical companies. Your tone is simply superstition.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Dear HTB I guess you never had a chance to have friendship with an animal. I you had, you would understand that dogs, cats and many other creatures are worth to be treated with the same respect as humans. If they suffer from pain they should get some help, because we humans can provide it.
I agree with you that there is a lot to be done to help other people, but it doesn't mean we cannot help our pets...

top topics

join