It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Walker might be the best choice.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes, the lowest turn-out in a long time!1

That speaks volumes of the apathy and perhaps distrust that their previous voters had in the left!

To me, that is an indication of the lack of support the left currently enjoys.

Lord! Do they have Democrat employees in the U.K. too? LOL

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Krazysh0t is not a Brit.

And the low turn out seems to indicate apathy left and right.

I dont get your obsession in turning everything into a left/right battle. There is crap on both sides.

Maybe it cause Im form the UK I can see things from a less biased neutral point of view?

As for UK democrats? That would be our Labour party.....or whats left of it, they made the same mistake your republicans are making. Infighting and weak leadership and not listening to the public on important matters.
edit on 22-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Whatever helps you sleep at night. When you decide to join the rest of us in the real world, let me know.

PS: Read my avatar. My location isn't a secret.
edit on 22-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Of course there's crap on both sides. SO WHAT?

If we can't get rid of it, at least pick the crap that fertilizes the best....

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Of course there's crap on both sides. SO WHAT?

If we can't get rid of it, at least pick the crap that fertilizes the best....

Maybe but the republicans are not offering anything that I see will win.

Important issues in the USA I can see is:

Economy, its stagnated and stalled and teetering on a knife edge. Good jobs are scarce. This concerns me too as if the USA goes tits up it wipes off all the gains the UK has.

Illegal Immigration.

War, Most american I have meet are SICK of war. They dont want another Iraq or Afghanistan, IE a war of Offense. Bombing ISIS is fine but a full blown war in Iran the people DONT want unless they attack the US or a Ally.

Poor healthcare. It was # before Obama care and now its even worse!

Racial tensions. Enough said

Over the top and oppressive policing coupled with the high crime.

Ineffectual and bureaucratic federal government.

Ridiculous war on drugs and stupidly high incarceration rate as a result.

Government corruption and lobbying.

The high deficit.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Not much disagreement with that.

I still see Walker as the best choice, at least, so far. He most definitely can win. Sorry to make you wince, but Reagan did much the same with nothing but rhetoric...and a balanced state budget....The last one California has had....

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Sigh, It amazes me how many come over the pond to the U.S. and demand similar perks they had 'back home'. Insist on changes that helped make the old country a place to leave.

If your 'objective', I'm hop-along-Cassidy.

link   
Walker is the worst.

The corporate boy flunky the very opposite of what the country needs.

The middle class is shrinking because of globalism, the death of unions (the most powerful tool that raised the middle class in this country) and the trade deals and the lost of millions of middle class jobs and no GOP flunky of Koch will ever do anything about that

All he will do is make it worst by cutting more taxes of the rich

link   

The republicans will not win another national election in my lifetime. Or in the lifetime of my 13 year old son. The numbers are not there, their base is old angry white men, and they have become meaningless beyond the local election. They will fade there also. They are the modern day Wigs. Bye Bye

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: olbe66

The republicans will not win another national election in my lifetime. Or in the lifetime of my 13 year old son. The numbers are not there, their base is old angry white men, and they have become meaningless beyond the local election. They will fade there also. They are the modern day Wigs. Bye Bye

The House and Senate currently hold GOP majorities.

Wouldn't that indicate that the majority that voted for them would also vote in a republican?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I think the most important issue is Economy and Foreign policy.

Economy if you can sort that out everything else domestically will fall into place. If jobs are plentiful and money is flowing there is less crime, more money for healthcare and less tension. Plus then you will NEED immigration to fill the plentiful jobs.

With Foreign policy America needs to get out the ME and stops stirring the pot. Just concentrate on defending yourself s and key allies rather that sorting the worlds problems (and failing).

I think Teddy Roosevelt is a example to me of a President that has all the right balance.

As for Regan. Yes he did some good things. But from my point of view do the good things cancel out the bad? And the fact is Iran/Contra was treason, can anything make up for treason? You can have the best president in the world but if he breaks the law can he be excused? Is one too big to jail?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Sigh, It amazes me how many come over the pond to the U.S. and demand similar perks they had 'back home'. Insist on changes that helped make the old country a place to leave.

Come over the pond? Dude, I was born and raised in the United States. I've lived in six different states (3 located in the south, 1 in the mid-west, and 2 on the east coast), served in the United States Army, and have been deployed to Iraq. Get over yourself. You don't know me.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I dont live in the US nor and trying to leave to live in the USA.
Nor demanding the "perks" I have back "home". Hell that why Im not leaving the UK even though it has # weather lol

Now seeing as the UK is the fastest growing economy in the western world and we are due to eliminate our deficit by 2017/2020 maybe the USA should take a good look at how the UK is running things?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Walker is the worst.

The corporate boy flunky the very opposite of what the country needs.

The middle class is shrinking because of globalism, the death of unions (the most powerful tool that raised the middle class in this country) and the trade deals and the lost of millions of middle class jobs and no GOP flunky of Koch will ever do anything about that

All he will do is make it worst by cutting more taxes of the rich

I would not go that far.

Cruz, Christie, Bush and Trump would be far far worse!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
As for Regan. Yes he did some good things. But from my point of view do the good things cancel out the bad? And the fact is Iran/Contra was treason, can anything make up for treason? You can have the best president in the world but if he breaks the law can he be excused? Is one too big to jail?

To me, ramping up the war on drugs and deregulating the banks (along with trickle down economics) are just as reprehensible as that Iran/Contra scandal. The escalated war on drugs has resulted in the highest incarceration rate in the history of the world with no end in sight to said war, with it only escalating further and further out of fiscal control. The deregulation of banks and trickle down economics has led to the largest wealth gap in the history of our country and many of the economic woes that have been holding our country back.

Ronald Reagan is one of my least favorite Presidents of all time, narrowly beating out Woodrow Wilson.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Ahh Woodrow Wilson. He should never had got involved in WWI. It was our own stupid fault it started and we should of been left to end it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Ahh Woodrow Wilson. He should never had got involved in WWI. It was our own stupid fault it started and we should of been left to end it.

Wilson's actions regarding WWI aren't why I don't like him. Wilson was a declared racist and his administration is largely responsible for resurrecting the KKK which had all but been wiped out by then. He also fought a secret (and likely illegal) war with Russia. The second point is more of the same from many other Presidents, but Wilson could be given credit for inspiring the Imperialist attitudes of later Presidents.

Oops, went a bit OT with my history lesson.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Geez, you would think if the Catholic Church can
evolve in the 21st century then so could the GOP....

The GOP has a "Goldilocks" problem for some time now.

Lean to hard to the right - you are considered a extremist.
Leaning to moderate - you are considered a RINO.

And personally I don't see it changing anytime soon.

So republicans, be sure to vote for Jeb! Just like you secretly voted for McCain and Romney before him.
Not because of principle but for the mere fact it's not a democrat.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

This is the third post you've used to accuse Krazysh0t of being some sort of nefarious foreigner. Are you aware that Maryland is in the USA, not UK? Can you suss that much out?

Even if he were. Even is. So? What gives you the right to decide which group of people can have an opinion on something? Dumb + arrogant = lose/lose.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

Personally, you can keep the Catholic Church's 'evolving' into the 21st century.

When you can offer up something a bit better than the last few candidates, then talk about the "anything but a democrat".
You guys made your bed, too....Deal with it..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join