It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Walker might be the best choice.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I am a bit surprised at the delay of Walker's announcement.

There is only so much money directed to the Republican Presidential Candidate and much of that has already been committed. I have speculated that perhaps Walker had been offered the VP slot by the Republican Establishment, or maybe a cabinet slot...just to stay out of the race. Maybe that negotiation didn't work out?

I have felt for months that Walker had a chance even though lacking Republican Establishment support-one major reason I support him...

The battle lines between the so-called left and right are fairly clear. Economic, cultural and international issues to broad stoke them.

Of the three general areas, economic issues seems the easiest to begin turning around. The cultural issues have taken generations to reach the point they are now and there is no quick fix that I can see. The international issues take a back seat to economic issues as no one is about to invade the U.S. and economic strength is a mighty leverage in getting ones way, internationally.

First and foremost, our economy needs fixing, IMO.

This is the area where Walker has produced results that no one else who is running for President in either party has achieved.

The perception, if not outright reality, is that the public sector unions have had and do have an unacceptable amount of influence on our gov'ts. National and State level. Walker has brought that segment back into line with the Governor deciding the direction public employees should go rather than the other way around.

This was achieved despite a 'full court press' from outside the state with every possible avenue used. Financial, media, legal, threats...the full Democrat/union arsenal was brought to bear. Still Walker prevailed!

IMO, this is amazing achievement. I didn't think it could be done.

The downside is the hand-wringing Republican Establishment in D.C. distanced itself from Walker fearing collateral damage, largely from the media(?).

There is much more to be said, for and against Walker, but this is my starting point. The man has battle ribbons on his chest...AND apparently he has a chest to pin them on.

What say you?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Walker will get all of the republican votes but none of the democrat votes.

I don't think that we need a ticket that only appeals to one side of the spectrum anymore.

The progressive movement has gotten ugly and very dark.

My solution is this;

Have walker (or Dr. Carson) and Bernie Sanders on the same ticket.

It'd wipe out the stuffed suits that represent the GOP and destroy Hillary.

A Walker/Sanders ticket would garner votes from both sides enough to offset any losses.

It's time, I think, to focus on uniting and not just "our guy" versus "their guy".

One person won't win this any longer.

It needs to be a combination.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Walker is just as unelectable and doesn't stand out anymore than all the other Republican candidates. Besides, that tard thinks war may be necessary day 1 of his Presidency JUST so he can undo the Iran deal.

Scott Walker: We might have to take military action on Day One

Screw him.
edit on 22-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The point I'd raise to rebut is Wisconsin was a "Blue State". It is now a Red State.

He has swung Democrat voters over in sufficient numbers to win his mandate repeatedly. That indicates, at least to some degree, the ability to unite the state voters.

So I'd say he can get democrat votes. How far back do we have to go to find a Republican that could do that, in numbers?

Reagan.

Having said that, I don't disagree that more left votes can be gain with the right second slot person...or even the other way around with Walker as the number two man.

I still go with im as the number one, though, due to the above.

edit on 22-7-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I see your point.

I just don't think the "cult of personality" will work anymore.

And the country is so divided, that we need something different.

A ticket that combines the best of republican ideals and the honesty and integrity of Sanders might go farther than we could imagine.

Just a caveat, I like Sanders, just don't agree with him on policies.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes, I know. "Reagan will start WWIII." was the cry of the day.....

So forgive me if I take Walker's rhetoric, and it is only rhetoric, with a grain of salt as I do your predictable rebut.

Walker is about as 'unelectable' for President as he was for Governor of Wisconsin.

You guys had better come up with something else to gnaw on. It didn't work in Wisconsin and it won't work nationally.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I really don't see Walker as a 'personality'. That may only be me though. I see results.

I don't trust 'personality' in the slightest.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Well at least you are learning how to recognize rhetoric when it is being said, but I'm not sure how that is supposed to validate your beliefs that Walker is an electable politician to the Presidency. He can't even stand out among his Republican compatriots, let alone in a bi-partisan arena.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Walker is just as unelectable and doesn't stand out anymore than all the other Republican candidates. Besides, that tard thinks war may be necessary day 1 of his Presidency JUST so he can undo the Iran deal.

Screw him.

Yeah.

I didn't mind him until he made that announcement.

Chicken hawks can go screw themselves.

Walker would be invading Iran without even the UK support this time. Good luck with that as history shows to subdue a country you need to at least support of one major ally preferably more. Thats why Bush threw a tantrum when France refuse to play in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

LOL. Ok, as you now admit that it was 'rhetoric', then you have completely invalidated your previous post...Guffaw.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I dont get why Americans love Regan so much?

He pretty much committed Treason with Iran/Contra.

Sold out the US economy with trickle down economics and setting the foundation for the destruction of manufacturing

He sent the war on drugs in overdrive and started the US infamous reputation of having more people incarcerated per 100K than any other country.

Only good thing he seemed to do was end the cold war and lets be fair Russia was on its way out anyway.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Everything out of Walker's mouth is rhetoric. I've never claimed it was anything else.

By the way, you are going to need better reasons than the one reason you listed in your OP to convince anyone that Walker is a good choice for the Republican nomination, let alone to win the Presidency. I just see more of the same from him. Another Republican trying to appeal to the fringe right because the Republican party seems to think that the fringe right is the key to getting themselves elected.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I think what's worse, is that Hillary will be the Dem choice regardless of all her lies and cover ups. And Jeb will be the other side. We all get to enjoy pontification of the "what if" scenario, but come election day, see if that little prediction doesn't hold true.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That's the thing. Hillary is beyond corrupt and the Republicans can't pull their heads out of their asses long enough to field a candidate who can beat someone like that. It's depressing. Every day, I log onto ATS and see some conservative like the OP cheerleading some random Republican candidate and saying how they are going to turn the country around while BLATANTLY ignoring the fact that that Republican's ideals don't match even CLOSE to the majority of the country's opinions on matters.

It's like the Conservatives have TRULY convinced themselves that the entire country is fed up with Obama and DRASTICALLY wants a 180 degree direction change from his policies, but that is demonstrably untrue. Obama's policies may not be unanimously favored among the rest of the nation, but most of the nation seems to think they are better than what the Conservatives have to offer.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

My problem with Walker is the fact that he is the bought and paid for shill of the Koch Brothers. Anyone opposed to the SCOTUS decision of United Citizens should boycott him on principle alone.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Perhaps it's the distance from the U.K. to the U.S. that warps your perceptions, it is a rather large pond.

The 'majority' you spoke of made their views clear in the last mid-terms. That seems to be lost on you. Perhaps it's the media outlets you choose to give you your information.

Have the Republicans made what should be a no-brainer massive Presidential win into a horse race? Of course they have!

Clearly, you do NOT understand the traction Walker has developed in the north with his battles and victories. Again, likely due to those wins, and they were massive, being marginalized in most media. Even today, not only do the traditional left media focus on Trump and ignore Walker's entry, so does Fox.

Both sides fear him...much more so that Paul or Cruz, as he won where the rubber meets the road. That scares the crap out of a whole bunch of people, left and pseudo-right...

On his comment re Iran, the way I see it, is the left is going to dump on Walker no matter what his positions. This statement, as you say, puts on the front burner his position on the Iran agreement and does strike a note with the right of the republican party-his positions internationally aren't really known at this point- and any loss due to the media response is offset by the gains from the right.

I predict when this comment is asked of him, the rhetoric will tone down to "all options are on the table" with a look of determination!

Frankly, it was needed! This current administration has completely given up any credibility, internationally and well as domestically, that all options are on the table. The scorn by Iranian leaders of the U.S. after the accord is full evidence of that fact.

Walker will give them pause...perhaps even second thoughts on nuclear arms development.

All in all, a great start by Walker!

Reagan? If your truly interested, I will PM you on the views held in the U.S.. Assuming you don't already know it and your diatribe isn't agenda driven.....

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Screw him.

Yes, I knew it would happen!!
We agree on something!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Perhaps it's the distance from the U.K. to the U.S. that warps your perceptions, it is a rather large pond.

The 'majority' you spoke of made their views clear in the last mid-terms. That seems to be lost on you. Perhaps it's the media outlets you choose to give you your information.

The election with the lowest turnout in a long time? Yea I'm not too worried about the results of that. In fact, it followed a pattern that I was almost SURE would be repeated in 2016 until I saw what the Republicans had to offer for the Presidency. No, I'm going by preliminary poling. It's rather obvious and pretty much every poll has Hillary winning easily, even WITH Jeb being the Republican candidate.

Have the Republicans made what should be a no-brainer massive Presidential win into a horse race? Of course they have!

Clearly, you do NOT understand the traction Walker has developed in the north with his battles and victories. Again, likely due to those wins, and they were massive, being marginalized in most media. Even today, not only do the traditional left media focus on Trump and ignore Walker's entry, so does Fox.

OR you are just over exaggerating things.

Both sides fear him...much more so that Paul or Cruz, as he won where the rubber meets the road. That scares the crap out of a whole bunch of people, left and pseudo-right...

Yea... Inspiring fear. THAT is what I want in a candidate...

On his comment re Iran, the way I see it, is the left is going to dump on Walker no matter what his positions. This statement, as you say, puts on the front burner his position on the Iran agreement and does strike a note with the right of the republican party-his positions internationally aren't really known at this point- and any loss due to the media response is offset by the gains from the right.

I predict when this comment is asked of him, the rhetoric will tone down to "all options are on the table" with a look of determination!

It's great that you are speaking for him. Perhaps you should become his speech writer. Perhaps you should go grab some pompoms to go with your cheerleading?

Frankly, it was needed! This current administration has completely given up any credibility, internationally and well as domestically, that all options are on the table. The scorn by Iranian leaders of the U.S. after the accord is full evidence of that fact.

It has? That must be why Europe is celebrating this latest deal with Iran.
Europe Backs Iran Deal, Hopes To Send A Signal To U.S. Congress

Walker will give them pause...perhaps even second thoughts on nuclear arms development.

All in all, a great start by Walker!

Not really... You haven't exactly posted any evidence that Walker is as great as you are claiming. Just a bunch of opinions and giddy proclamations about how great he is. Your post reminds me of Obama's Presidential campaign in 08. All talk and no substance.

Reagan? If your truly interested, I will PM you on the views held in the U.S.. Assuming you don't already know it and your diatribe isn't agenda driven.....

Oh I am VASTLY interested in what you THINK the views were in the country when Reagan was President. I'd like to see how much is actually backed up with actual facts and what is just revisionist history to make your argument look better in context.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: fshrrex

Walker won his battle without the benefit of the Koch Brothers. He has my support for his results.

Last I heard, the Koch Brothers where in Rubio's camp, not Walker's.

Besides, looking at the left's 'billionaire supporter's club", we have Soros, Buffet, Gates, Bloomberg, Ballmer, etc..
do you actually believe these guys aren't getting their 'quid pro quos' from the democrat party?

I would hazard to guess you haven't even heard of some of these guys...there are more. Not much media coverage of their gains, are there.

Do the Koch Brothers have agenda? Probably. Rest assured they will receive more scrutiny from the right than the leftie Billionaires have received from their side...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The republicans are not making any massive gains.

They cant field a decent candidate at the moment and seem to be content with ripping themselves apart.

People voted republicans in your by election as a protest because the Democrats are not exactly inspirational.
But my friends in the USA have made it clear that although Hillary in power would be distasteful the thought of a mad or chikenhawk Republican is a no no when it comes to president.

Plus when has being anti war mean you are "left". Left/right is a economic thing and stupid two dimensional label at that that rarely gives a clear picture. Plus I though think less war, smaller military and less international meddling would be a "right" idea anyway due to less big government and tyranny

And I am interested in Regan. I briefly studied him in history and did not get a great impression of him.

edit on 22-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join