It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Grohl is the coolest guy in the music biz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'm not a huge Foo Fighters fan, but, wow, I've always been a Dave Grohl fan, from the time of Nirvana and definitely through now. From his performance with the Foo Fighters on Letterman and now this. You may have seen that Dave broke his leg during a performance - there's another thread about that:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, he came back to the tour with his throne:

which is totally freakin awesome. A lot of guys would've just taken a break to heal - not only did he come back to the tour immediately, he came back the same day he broke his leg! (watch the video in that original thread - its pretty awesome when he comes back)

Well now, with his throne and all, he brings his doctor on stage to sing Seven Nation Army with the band - and the doc nails it! Just incredible. Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Broke his leg? That's minor compared to what happened to this guy. He nearly had his balls blown off. Ruptured a testicle that blew up to the size of a grapefruit, but still carried on playing.

www.birminghammail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

The group got its name from the UFOs and various aerial phenomena that were reported by Allied aircraft pilots in World War II, which were known collectively as foo fighters.

He is one of my favorite musicians.
How does this NOT rock?

edit on 22-7-2015 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2015 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I went to work with a broken arm that wasn't set right then with wires in it for weeks and typed with one hand, does that make me the most awesome woman in my then industry of marketing?

Their band is paid megabucks from touring, it is probably their main income and they would have to refund tickets if they stopped their tour.

I am also slightly suspicious of Grohl, not sure of him, after KC. I was a Nirvana fan back then. Not making accusations, just never been sure of him.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I love Dave, but the Foo's do nothing for me.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Dave Grohl is a great drummer / guitarist / vocalist no doubt about that , he is also in one of the most hardworking bands out there , the Foo Fighters never seem to stop touring , they've just announced dates over here in the Autumn.

I think he did what he did because of the fans , the show in which he broke his leg had just started so those fans had gone to the effort to show up but loose out in the end , it has nothing to do with money believe me.

The only suspect in the Cobain shooting was Kurt Cobain , anyone who knows the music and history of the band can see the clues are there.

Dave Grohl's just a dude.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That is your opinion.

You aren't Grohl and don't know him personally.

As such I won't just ''believe you'' about money not being a factor.

I made no comment on his musical skills nor his personality.

I also know plenty about the music industry and I also know there are those that know plenty that are suspicious of the official story of KC.
edit on 22-7-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Coffee is his jam. Rock on, Dave!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
yeah. awesome. wow
he broke his leg and is still playing in a chair.

what a feat

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: gortex

That is your opinion.

You aren't Grohl and don't know him personally.

As such I won't just ''believe you'' about money not being a factor.

I made no comment on his musical skills nor his personality.

I also know plenty about the music industry and I also know there are those that know plenty that are suspicious of the official story of KC.

I hate to sound like I'm taking a dump on poor Dave because no mater his motivation, the fact that he's going out on the road with a pretty nasty fracture is a positive thing that affects not just the fans who have paid good money for tickets and waited to see the show, but just as importantly, his band and crew who are relying on these dates to make a living. Dave doesn't need the money he's going to make on these dates. He's got enough money coming in from Nirvana royalties, music licensing and merchandise that he could never work again and still make more money next month than I'm going to in the foreseeable future. With the current state of the music industry, even if members of the Foo Fighters get any writing credits, they're not receiving a whole lot in regards to royalty payments. Their primary income is from touring. And, Reagan be damned because this is one example where it seems to work, the trickle down economics are the sole source of income for their crew. They typically aren't on a salary like band members are in a situation like this so if they're not on the road, they don't make a living. There are literally dozens of people who depend on these tours to make their income and in a lot of cases, these people turn down work with other bands based around who is touring( a lot of bands share crews, swap out crew members back and forth. There was a stage crew member I met on a Sepultura tour in 94 who was a complete douche and it seemed like every 5 or 6 months he would show back up working with a different band for a period of 6 or 7 years), when, where and the salaries involved so if a tour is cancelled at the last minute these guys are screwed, sometimes for months, until the next cycle begins. Foo Fighters average a little over 700,000 USD per show right now which is a pretty substantial sum so yes, money is likely a motivator for continuing the tour but for more altruistic reasons than selfish in my opinion. I've never worked for Foo Fighters and don't know anybody that has so I can't really comment with much specificity but the fact that I don't know anyone who's worked for them also indicates that they have a high retention rate, little turnover and probably take good care of their guys. I commend Dave for making sure the financial impact on people in his employee was as negligible as possible.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Broke his leg? That's minor compared to what happened to this guy. He nearly had his balls blown off. Ruptured a testicle that blew up to the size of a grapefruit, but still carried on playing.

www.birminghammail.co.uk...

Man, I always like the version of that song with Marco better, but I think that might have just changed. Much respect. I had no idea about this so, thanks for sharing.

top topics

join