It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Won’t Release Full Iran Deal to Congress?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You missed the " ? " in the title did you?

The article gives you a great opportunity to jump and stomp on the way some stories are written.

But of course, you can blame me for the whole thing if that is your wish.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

The President of the United States went out of his way to bargain away every chip in his pile in order to remove the sanctions against Iran. Sanctions that were put in place to keep Iran from developing a nuclear weapons program. He made a deal that allows a program, provides sanction relief, and erases guarantees of compliance with the deal itself.

Who exactly is he President of again?

Seems like he trips over himself to aid every antagonist we've had in the last 60 years.

Ah, perhaps it's the old "peace through capitulation" tacti

We need to restore diplomatic relations with Iran and begin to remove sanctions. We have absolutely no evidence that Iran is seeking to create a nuke and they already have the resources necessary to do so. Why haven't they built it then?

I commend Obama for stepping up and talking with nations like Iran and Cuba instead of threatening them with war because they fall for the lies and propaganda. I'd commend the president if it was Obama, Bush or anyone else.

It's time we grew up and stopped being the scared bully that tells other sovereign nations what they can or cannot do.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You missed the " ? " in the title did you?

No. I saw the question mark.

The article gives you a great opportunity to jump and stomp on the way some stories are written.

Yes it does.

But of course, you can blame me for the whole thing if that is your wish.

I did not blame you for the whole thing. I do blame you for posting misleading articles who's sole purpose is to cause outrage and partisanship among the right wing. In my short time on this site I have come to learn that is what you do.

You lack the testicular fortitude to directly state what you believe, and rely on vague comments and implications to push your anti-left agenda.

Oh, and you follow that up with a bunch of emoticons. Can't forget that.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

but what if I don't "believe" anything or have an "opinion" at all?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

It's easy to assume Iran has no desire to obtain nuclear weapons, and even easier to assume they would have no intention of using nukes in aggression - if you ignore history. Such a pedestrian error...I would think it beneath one so meticulous as yourself.

Last Monday my neighbor went nuts and kidnapped several of my family members. It was this huge deal but we eventually got most of them back alive. Think it's too soon to let him borrow my gun? He says he just needs to shoot some rabbits for his kebabs...
Then again I sometimes hear him screaming "death to OpenmindedRealist!" late at night...and he's always said our Jewish neighbor's house should be wiped off the face of the Earth...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It's time we grew up and stopped being the scared bully that tells other sovereign nations what they can or cannot do.

I couldn't agree more.

I think the right have no choice but to be against this plan because of how much the loathed and drooled over Benjamin Netanyahu's visit earlier this year.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Again with a false narrative. Who said anything about threats of war.

Stop doing business with them and with anyone that does business with them. Don't give them money and means to commit harm.

"Show them your throat Ralph, that'll let them know you mean business". Where has that ever worked out well?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yea...so much for 'transparency'.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

It's easy to assume Iran has no desire to obtain nuclear weapons, and even easier to assume they would have no intention of using nukes in aggression - if you ignore history.

It is easy to assume that Iran has no desire to obtain a nuke and no desire to use it. There is no evidence to suggest such a thing. It requires more effort and leaps in logic to claim that they, in fact, do actively wish to obtain nukes.

Would you be able to provide evidence of such, and examples of historical reference to validate your claim?

and he's always said our Jewish neighbor's house should be wiped off the face of the Earth...

This remark is in reference to the alleged comments made by Ahmadinejad that they wish to "wipe Israel off the map". That statement is a western idiom that was attached to a mis-translation of one of his speeches. He never made that statement. No such idiom exists in the Iranian language.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Again with a false narrative. Who said anything about threats of war.

Do we not have people calling for military action against Iran instead of negotiations? Did we not just witness a republican candidate for president state that a president needs to be able to take military action the first day they take office, in regards to Iran?

Hardly a false narrative. It has become part of the ideology to threaten force and war if another nation does not capitulate to our demands.

Stop doing business with them and with anyone that does business with them. Don't give them money and means to commit harm.

That's pretty difficult to do when Iran does quite a bit of trading with other nations that we rely on heavily, such as China. It's naive to think we can simply stop trading with people and place sanctions on them when nations they do business with provide us with goods that we no longer make in the US.

That sort of strong-arm diplomacy is quickly coming to an end. Our arrogance has left us in a tough position and we must begin to be diplomatic, fair and reasonable in our dealings with foreign nations.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

but what if I don't "believe" anything or have an "opinion" at all?

It's not your "beliefs" or "opinions" that I am concerned with. It's your agenda.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It's not your "beliefs" or "opinions" that I am concerned with. It's your agenda.

What if I have no agenda?

Even IF I did, what do you *think* it is?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Look...I respect your need for evidence, but the geopolitics of the US/Iran relationship cannot be summed up in a WashPo article. I'm confident you will see things my way if you spend some reading up on the following topics. Why not prove me wrong about that?

History and culture of Iran/Persia - specifically post WWI
Iran Hostage Crisis of 1979
Pretty much anything any Iranian official has been quoted as saying from 2012-present

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's obvious you have an agenda.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

I'm well aware of Iran's history and the nature of the modern geopolitical arena. You made this comment:

It's easy to assume Iran has no desire to obtain nuclear weapons, and even easier to assume they would have no intention of using nukes in aggression - if you ignore history.

What in Iran's history proves that Iran is seeking to obtain a nuke? What, in regards to the 1979 hostage crisis, proves Iran is actively seeking a nuke?

Pretty much anything any Iranian official has been quoted as saying from 2012-present

That's a pretty bold and absolute statement. If that is true, please provide a quote from an Iranian official in which they claim to want or are seeking to build a nuke. Shouldn't be hard if what you say is true.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The only reason we are dealing with Iran is oil and us wanting to have it secured and not Russia. Bottom Line. Money...

If you think Irans administration does not want the bomb you are deluded however. Iran in the 50's and 60's was beautiful. It was hijacked however by an ideology that wants anyone who does not agree with them off the map.

Russia and China both supplied resources to Iran also to build the tech needed for deployable nukes.

Iran stepped up and stated that they needed the weapons to deter Iraq back in the 80's.

Natanz is a place to read about. Iran has continuously moved forward and will not stop until they perform their first test.

Now the US is stating that they will assist in the 'defense' of these sites. Basically, by saying that, they have turned their back not only on Israel but all allies who are concerned. (EU included)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

What in Iran's history proves that Iran is seeking to obtain a nuke? What, in regards to the 1979 hostage crisis, proves Iran is actively seeking a nuke?

That's a pretty bold and absolute statement. If that is true, please provide a quote from an Iranian official in which they claim to want or are seeking to build a nuke. Shouldn't be hard if what you say is true.

well maybe this is a hint and a clue or two ...

“The Obama administration has failed to make public separate side deals that have been struck for the ‘inspection’ of one of the most important nuclear sites—the Parchin military complex,” said Representative Mike Pompeo (R., Kan.) in a statement Tuesday. “Not only does this violate the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act, it is asking Congress to agree to a deal that it cannot review.”

The IAEA has been trying to gain access to the Parchin site since 2005, but Iran has refused

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Not willing to make any effort? Sorry, I don't come to ATS to spoon-feed readily available information to people who claim to already know everything.

Either you don't know as much about Iran as you think you do, or you're not very good at reading between the lines of history.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

Not willing to make any effort? Sorry, I don't come to ATS to spoon-feed readily available information to people who claim to already know everything.

Why should I make the effort to validate claims that you made? That's not how it works. You said it. You provide the evidence to support what you said. Either you're lazy or you were just talking out of your backside.

Either you don't know as much about Iran as you think you do, or you're not very good at reading between the lines of history.

Oh, so now we have to "read between the lines of history" to come to the same conclusion as you. I see.

It appears to me that you cannot provide the evidence requested to validate your claims. You spoke with a tone of absoluteness earlier, and now it seems you're tone is changing to one of interpretation.

So is it safe to assume that there is no evidence as you suggested and that what you posted is merely your interpretation of things by "reading between the lines"?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Then I guess I will have to discuss the topic with other members who are willing to inform themselves without the convenience of a link.

For shame.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join