It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemical in Marijuana could Build Strong Bones

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DevoiD1

I have an uncle who has been smoking since he was thirteen. He is now in his sixties. He still feels it. He is healthy. His memory is perfect. He does not seem to be depressed. He looks young for his age. Did the marijuana cause all that. Or was it something else. Like Krazysh0t said, anecdotal evidence does not mean much.

Like everything else we put in our bodies. Cannabis can affect different people in different ways. Cannabis seems to not be good for you DevoiD1. It may be good for someone else. So for you, I would suggest stopping.

edit on 22-7-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Strange how people use the word "fact" these days. It's not the proper use. You're assuming a hell of a lot in that post. There's a bit of science that shows a percentage of people are much more likely to experience psychosis after consuming marijuana. Most people don't seem to experience that, but another thing is that many people start a drug and have various effects, only to see differing effects as they continue use. That's a common theme in addiction. No reason to think marijuana can't be addicting.

It's really sad to see people screw up all the good from the plant by throwing in a bunch of nonsense about how it can do no harm. It's far from a balanced perspective.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

You see it wrong! IMHO there has always been teenager experts bruh! I am not! I have been booming since 95 Nothing new to me. You can act like an expert. But, I am. It's my job. Been pulling u's from bubble-bags since the 90's. I see it as a movement that, yes the newbs need to pass the learning curve. But why down them? they are starting out just like everyone has.

You can search my name and see my resume of fire! We cross, breed, and create only the best! And while every hater hates. I walk to the bank, fully lifted and here and able to help everyone cultivate! and medicate! It all starts with a seed. I'm not a home chair snob! I live it. And we aren't going anywhere, except up bruh! haha Stay Lifted!
From Colorado to Washington and down to Florida! We are millions and millions! Grow On! It's all in the name c21h30o2i been that way fa oh, so, long! Lifted!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The possibilities that this plant offers are amazing! I cannot understand how this is STILL classified as a Schedule 1, hopefully that will be changed soon!

It's still scheduled because it can do things actual medications can't -- and they can't patent a plant. They can't make money off it, so no one is allowed to have it.

Who cant make money? It's my livelihood! Only income I have! My crosses, ya aren't patented, but they sure are sought after! It's all about money! How you become a mod? geez what a buzz kill! Hit the boot button if ya like I don't see it!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

YEP! The US has been booming just as hard as Holland ever has. It's much easier now to enter the cup! I don't have to ship 5 bowz to the Netherlands to have for judges. I do it in my back yard! I been booming pre98 Bubba Kush before people even knew what dank was here in the states!

I have to watch my mouth....or the rule enforcers will come down on me!! I will *sigh* like one of the modz!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I shot ya a star for being right on! Hey we push some boom up in the Emerald Triangle Now! and I don't have long hair! haha But the feds still try to slam my head! Well, they used to, I'm legal as all get out! Colorado Baybeeee! Stay Lifted bruh!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: C21H30O2I

Guess you folks never heard about Henk the Rotterdam dock
only known fatality who died of an overdose of Hash..poor Henk was working unloading
a ship fresh in from Marocco when a ton of hash broke the harness and
crushed the poor dude underneath...😎
But seriously folks hate to put a damper on it because I have been abusing the plant
most of my life, but all is not good...
A - it actually inhibits the immune system
B - it turns your body acidic in a big way
C - overdosing even in a small way when you eat it can be extremely unpleasant
D - it is habit forming
E - if you use it for prolonged periods lucid dreaming will become very rare
F - it makes many folks more then just a little complacent
G - it does bring on psychosis to more then just a handful

But apart from that I agree, it makes the grass a little bluer and the sky a little greener etc, etc..
and it can actually enhance self discipline as a matter of necessity and its great for having wild
sex..just keep a lid on it and all is well !

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
All the negative issues pertaining to marijuana use has to do with excessive use. Marijuana is a very potent natural health plant and has to be treated with respect and used wisely. Smoking it simply to get a high is risky. It obvious that once you exceed certain limits marijuana has a strong tendency to turn back on you and create problems.
I love smoking marijuana but I do so very sparingly and in so doing I reap the benefits that this incredibly beautiful plant offers us. I wasn't always so careful. I've travelled down the wrong path as so many others do too and I know what irresponsible use of marijuana can do.
May your journey be as mine.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

What i do know is that to allow alcohol and tobacco products to remain legal while cannabis is not is sheer hypocrisy.

Hemp can be used to produce oil, wax, resin, rope, cloth, pulp, paper, and even fuel. And its a hell of a lot more renewable a resource than the trees we destroy to produce that same or similar products.
edit on 23-7-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Oh don't get me started on hemp. If we could transfer our cars to run on hemp oil, it would probably do SOOOO much to stop man made climate change.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Miracle drug, always was always will be!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
CBD oil is legal here in South Carolina and North Carolina without a prescription.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: simplesurfer

Come on now! You are reaching!! ONE? Dig deeper, other causes likely contributed to your Henk! Come, Come.

A. Proof?
B. Proof?
C. Ok ya can be. Know your shiiii!
D. So, is ATS.. and Far much worse than Cannabis. also burden of proof please?
E. Because I am Lucid 24/7 Oh wait PROOF?
F.many folks? Opinionated mumbojumbo! PROOF!!!!
G.Proof!!

Goodness gracious scoooby, Look what we up against! A BC Rez no less! go figure! Don't you love Marc E? Proof for your claims, would be nice! I can deliver mine. I'll wait for you!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Florida too!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

"There's a bit of science that shows a percentage of people are much more likely to experience psychosis after consuming marijuana."

This has indeed been proven to be the case regrading modified strains of Cannabis. Essentially they increase the potency(THC content) which after a prolonged period of time can induce paranoia in a significant percentage of people who partake in smoking the herb. That being said i have never known anyone to lose the plot consuming or smoking solid(Pollen and its like), or even the normal strains of Grass.

At the end of the day consumption of Cannabis regarding medicinal purposes or for sheer pleasure is far safer than smoking tobacco or drinking alcoholic beverages, that's a fact.
edit on 24-7-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join