It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers remotely kill a jeep on the highway...with me in it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: chalybeate
The rusty spade is a little too much.
They could get tetnus from that.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Unless it has changed again, DaimlerChrysler is a parent company of Mercedes Benz. It is potentially all new Chrysler vehicles, and this kind of under dash tech, is exactly they type of thing they share across models and Brands. Why pay to write software twice?

This is ATS, so...
I can't remember his name, but relatively recently a journalist was killed driving his Mercedes, that was of questionable circumstance.

Then there is the Batman movie prop master responsible for putting Sandy Hook on the map in the latest Batman movie, who is from Sandy Hook CT. He and his wife were having issues with the Sandy Hook School, related to their Special Needs Child. He was killed in a head on collision, the driver of the other vehicle just happened to be a Judge of some sort's daughter. I believe in Mercedes was involved there.

please don't ask for links I can't remember where I read it, I read a lot.
edit on 22-7-2015 by wastedown because: grammar nazi evasion

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Wellllll to be honest Stevie f'n Wonder could see this coming, enjoy your computerized sh@t. Cars that park themselves, soon cars that drive themselves..we are becoming idiocracy, all this technology makes us lazy and stupid/unskilled. How many of us can recal the phone #s in our phones even?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: chalybeate

Why? because they have shown how vulnerable we are?, very sensible

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chalybeate
a reply to: KnightFire

Nothing personal against the poster, here, but, these two clever dick hackers need a damn good thrashing for an act of supreme stupidity.

Have them arrested and keelhauled... Then horse whipped, before disembowelling them with a rusty spade..

They did it with support of the law to show that any Chrysler with a uconnect screen is vulnerable..Jeep, Dodge. ...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I really thought this thread would get a little more attention considering the conspiracy aspect behind what these two hackers were able to show as a vulnerability in new vehicles.

Looking at it from an eavesdropping aspect. Vehicles now have the capability to remotely be manipulated, which means, microphones turned on, gps location, etc...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I missed this post on my 1st pass. Thank you for posting it!

I couldn't think of his name for anything, Michael Hastings, is who I was talking about.

If we are just now aware, how long has the CIA known about it? You can bet that if they knew about it, they would utilize it, without question. Some of the drive by wire features are pretty new like the ability to electronically control the steering. But, wide open throttle, transmission gear selection(automatics), and brake function could be computer controlled since the early 90's.

If you think about it, it's perfect for executions, better than the heart attack pill, or any other crazy was to assassinate people that those evil bastards can think of. Tragic car wrecks happen everyday, not even news anymore unless it is a bunch of kids on a church bus or something. Perfect

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I don`t believe it.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I don`t believe it.

Well, believe it because Fiat Chrysler recalled 1.4 million vehicles.

(Source)

Fiat Chrysler has issued a safety recall affecting 1.4m vehicles in the US, after security researchers showed that one of its cars could be hacked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join