It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global-Warming: Solved?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I was browsing an EPA Global Warming site when I came across a graph that showed how the temperatures were risings. According to their graph it appears the globe is truly heating up.

However if you look carefully, you will see that since 1998 our temperature has been going down quite a bit. If it continues at this rate, I doubt we will ever have a true problem.

You can view their graph of the problem at yosemite.epa.gov...

I honestly doubt we have a pollution problem. Nothing to worry about as we will start a new cycle after 2012. (Note: The preceding comment was a reference to the mayan cycles. A topic which I believe in. If you wish to read further in it, search for it on ATS)

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
They look at trends; not individual years. So far the overall movement of temperatures has been up. Yes, we do have a problem.

And no pollution problem? Have you ever been to Los Angeles; flown in and seen the BROWN air? That stuff will kill ya!

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Over the years, I think we all know California is a hole. But I don't think we will have any problems. Think about, if we aren't effected in 1000 years, you think with all our technology we will improve on waste control. Don't you think?

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If CO2 isn't causing heat retention/absorbtion, well, why? Its a greenhouse gas, its supposed to be doing that. Why isn't it, whats the explanation? Is there some other factor that is dissapating heat, or is carbon somehow being cycled in greated amounts back into the oceans and crust?

I mean, the current understanding is that CO2 -should- have a greenhouse effect, if it isn't, then thats important and needs an explanation.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The reason why things have seemed to cool down is because of the Coal Boom in China and India. Now Coal does release C02 but it also released sun blocking particulate which is what I believe is causing the intermediate cooling trend. Just wait till we completely phase out coal then we'll see the real warming trend.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Water vapor is also a greenhouse gas. Ever stop to consider that any observed warming may simply be a result of all the land cover changes that have taken place as a result of a booming population? Roads, sidewalks, parking lots and buildings retain heat much more than grassy areas. And lets face it there is a great deal of this kind of coverage. And it certainly would explain any observed warming. Areas down wind of a heat island will feel the effect. And the temperature difference can be quite large. Its easier to find something else to blame it on like greenhouse gasses because you can create a villan and a way to eliminate them. But lets face it there is nothing you can really do about the land cover changes. You can shut down all industry and all vehicles and jets and the earths temperature wouldn't change a bit. Not as long as all the buildings, roads, etc still existed.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticalUnicorn
Think about, if we aren't effected in 1000 years, you think with all our technology we will improve on waste control. Don't you think?

Ya, but that 'if' is the thing we're trying to deal with here.

I think we need to look into the Ocean Currents. As the ice melts up north, more and more fresh water gets dumped into the ocean, really weakening the ocean currents. This could really be the real reason for the temperature fall. The big one. What do you guys think?

new topics

top topics

join