It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blair endorses Jeremy Corbyn by warning Labour against Jeremy Corbyn

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Surely if he raised the issue with Bottomley, then the matter should have been dealt with by her department ?

Yes and no. Passing it on to the relevant people was the right first step, but as the MP for the area he should have been all over this until the matter was resolved satisfactorily. This directly affected his constituents, after all.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Corbyn should be kicked out of politics.

Oh please !
The establishment don't want an outsider leading the Labour party so the smear campaign has started , some will lap it up.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
I would also like to point out that he, Mr Corbyn, has spent the least on expenses, consistently , of any of the polticians operating in this country, both on a year by year basis, and in total.

He does live within walking distance of Parliament so like many London MPs will have low expenses. It's also nothing to boast about that you do not participate in wider Parliamentary activities and therefore don't visit other parts of the UK on official business.

www.parliamentary-standards.org.uk...

He also declared some interesting income and "interests" in the last year, including £7,000 "sponsorship" from two Trade Unions (Unite and the RMT). RMT are the ones creating mayhem on the London Underground, so he's be nicely silenced from criticising recent industrial action.

www.publications.parliament.uk...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob hold on. The Tories hands certainly ain't clean over this whole child abuse scandal. I mean we even had Tory pin up Maggie thatcher inviting her pal Jimmy Saville to chequers no less for Christmas dinner and was in charge while Jimmy had control over Stoke mandeville hospital. Not to mention the allegations against members of her government. I guess it's alright for the Tories though, because we are a conservative with a small c nation. The Torries are in power and the reposibility lies with Cameron not Corbyn to sort the whole thing out. For some reason Cameron and the current Conservative party are dragging their heels on this investigation Cameron even described it all as a conspiracy theory.

edit on 24-7-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I like Corbyn very much, so far I don't think he's said a thing I don't like.

I'd rather see a Labour party true to its values than a Tory lite party catering their values to what they think the electorate want. When Corbyn speaks, you can tell he is being honest with himself, the others seem terrified of saying the wrong thing. Surely politics should be about fighting for the values you feel passionate about, otherwise what's the point?

Maybe it's time to give people a real choice and end this splitting hairs politics.

Unfortunately Labour have lost a huge amount of support in Scotland to the SNP which is a huge blow for them for the forseeable future. Perhaps after another 5 years of cuts, privatisation and stripping of workers rights, folk will start to see through the Tory lies and realise they aren't really for 'ordinary hard working people'. One can only hope!
edit on 24-7-2015 by Scouse100 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2015 by Scouse100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Labour are just Red Tories. hence the reason they got wiped out at the last election here in Scotland. took a pounding in England and wales also. The party is devoid of ideas, morals and decent politicians with a backbone. RIP Labour. Keir Hardie is spinning in his grave.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

David Cameron received a £5,000 from a private donor and £3,250 from a business , I think you'll find most if not all MPs receive donations , the fact Mr Corbyn received his from Unions is hardly surprising.

so he's be nicely silenced from criticising recent industrial action.

I wouldn't criticise public sector workers legally striking either so I don't see why a prospective leader of the workers party should ... it is their right.

I'm signing up as a Labour party supporter so I can vote Corbyn , £3 is a small price to pay to try and change the direction of this country and cock a snook at the elitist control monkeys in power today (all sides of the house).

edit on 24-7-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

If Corbyn is elected, The Labour Party will spilt.

The right wing of the party will move away, much the same as what happened with David Owen & Friends in the 1980's, when Michael Foot was elected leader.

The then consequences would be a complete wipe out of The Party at the next GE. You heard it here first.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The right wing of the party will move away, much the same as what happened with David Owen & Friends in the 1980's, when Michael Foot was elected leader.

The then consequences would be a complete wipe out of The Party at the next GE. You heard it here first.

Good, they are worse then useless anyway.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
For some reason Cameron and the current Conservative party are dragging their heels on this investigation Cameron even described it all as a conspiracy theory.

www.csa-inquiry.independent.gov.uk...

It's underway and an off-topic discussion. Let's stick to the Labour Leadership discussion and particularly the suitability of Corbyn.
edit on 24/7/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

they are worse then useless anyway.

As useless as The SNP sitting in The Westminster Parliament with zero influence.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

The accuser is another Labour party MP on his own Labour party website.

All MP's and anyone else involved in the cover up or ignoring of child abuse should be kicked from government IMO, whichever party.

The accusations are factual, nothing was done about it, he even told the guy that brought it up to ''take it back'' and denied any abuse.

It should have been made public and stopped back then in the 70's and 80's as he was made aware of it.

MP's that covered it are guilty by neglect. They are there as a SERVICE to the people and they should have saved those children.

It is disgusting and anyone supporting Corbyn doesn't deserve any respect at all IMO.

www.mann4bassetlaw.com...

As with the rest of the country, the reality is that child abuse was rampant, ignored, covered up and the extent of it is only just beginning to come to light. The attitude was that of the Head of MI5, who was revealed yesterday to have written about a paedophile MP to the then Cabinet Secretary Sir Robert Armstrong in 1986: ‘At the present stage…the risks of political embarrassment to the government is rather greater than the security danger’

At an event I hosted this year in Parliament of 200 child abuse and exploitation survivors, we received public testimony of the scale of abuse in Islington from a whistle-blower who was a leading light in uncovering child abuse in Islington during the 1980s and early 1990s. This social worker confirmed to me that she and others met with you in the early 1990s to raise her concerns about child abuse and cover-ups in Islington. You said that you would raise the matter with Virginia Bottomley, then at the Department of Health, but no indication of whether you followed this up was ever given.

In 1986 MP Geoffrey Dickens raised serious concerns about child abuse in Islington.

Your response was to complain to the Speaker about him visiting your constituency without informing you. I have faced such complaints myself in pursuing corruption issues.

There are many people who also rubbished the idiosyncratic Mr Dickens. They have been proven to be wrong, indeed I have just received details of another list of names of alleged and now proven paedophiles that Dickens provided to Leon Brittan as Home Secretary, not related to Islington, but further corroboration of the scale of the cover up that has taken place.

On February 17th 1986 you had called in Parliament for Geoffrey Dickens to “unreservedly withdraw his allegations of the existence of child brothels in the area (in Islington) and make a public apology.” You further called Mr Dickens ‘irresponsible’’.

You inadvertently helped the rubbishing and the cover up of all of the Dickens allegations. Indeed your actions encouraged others, because a week later the Islington Gazette published a letter attacking Geoffrey Dickens over his allegations from Roger Moody, a prominent pro paedophilia activist.

Perhaps most worrying of all are the implications of your question to the Home Secretary on November 3rd 2014.

You stated that ‘Finally in my own borough of Islington there have been complaints about Islington children’s homes in the past and the council has investigated them.’ This statement at first glance is non contentious. However on reflection is an extraordinary statement considering the representations made to you in the past that the council was in fact covering up abuse and not listening to the survivors, issues you were challenged on at the time.

Repeatedly across the country, institutions investigating allegations about themselves over child abuse have heard nothing, seen nothing and known nothing. This is at the very heart of the cover up culture.

The reason that your response and inactions to these matters is worthy of specific scrutiny is that unlike others who did not see what was happening, or as we saw with Saville, kept their suspicions to themselves rather than speak out or investigate, you are wishing to lead the Labour Party during the period of Goddard inquiry into child abuse and are seeking become Prime Minister.

The so called ‘trendy left’ politics of the early 1980s was a contributory factor in covering up child abuse. I myself saw that repeatedly at first hand in Lambeth. Meanwhile children were murdered and disappeared, were raped and beaten, forced into prostitution, trafficked around and a significant number of lives destroyed and blighted.

spotlightonabuse.wordpress.com...

In 1986, the backbench MP Geoffrey Dickens reported allegations of ‘child brothels’ on a council estate in the London Borough of Islington. He said that he had received a letter and a tape recording from a resident of the Elthorne Estate claiming that adults on the estate were organising ‘wide-scale’ child abuse involving 40 children, some as young as seven.

Dickens was attacked by the MP for Islington North, Jeremy Corbyn, who said he was “getting cheap publicity at the expense of innocent children”. An Islington councillor called Alan Clinton defended the “decency” of Elthorne tenants, and the Islington Gazette ran a story claiming that the residents were furious about the “slur”. (Islington Gazette 21/02/86)

Dickens was unrepentant, and said he had more evidence and was more certain than ever about the truth of his allegations. (Social Work Today 24/02/86)

The folowing week the Islington Gazette published a letter attacking Geoffrey Dickens. It was from Roger Moody, of Liverpool Road, London N1 (Islington).

IG28286aAlthough he doesn’t declare it in his letter, Roger Moody was a prominent ‘paedophile activist’ and author of a book called Indecent Assault (1980) which defended paedophilia. From the back page:

“In 1977, libertarian journalist and activist Roger Moody was arraigned on four charges of indecent assault and attempted buggery with a 10-year-old boy friend. This book traces the course of this case, from the initial police raid to a dramatic acquittal at the Old Bailey in March 1979.

By using extracts from a diary he kept over this two-year period, Roger Moody strikingly focusses the ambivalence he felt as someone charged with a “crime” he didn’t commit, but nonetheless doesn’t consider criminal.

But this book is only incidentally a defence of paedophilia. Rather it is an examination of the way in which patriarchal institutions – especially the police and courts – deny reciprocal, non-ageist relationships in order to perpetuate their own power”

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Soloprotocol

they are worse then useless anyway.

As useless as The SNP sitting in The Westminster Parliament with zero influence.

At least we turn up to vote against the tories unlike the red tories who either dont bother to show up or vote with the tories.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

If by that you mean the Blairite New Labour supporters will leave than great !
And what happened to the SDP ? , Oh yeah obscurity.

Do you have the winning numbers for tomorrows lottery ? , you nor anyone on this thread knows what will happen in 5 years time.
How is it that it's OK to have right winger leading a political party (Ukip) but not to have a left winger leading the Labour party ?

I believe the British people deserve a proper choice in the next Election , a choice between two parties offering different visions of how the country should be run , it is the people who will choose.
If Labour do go with Mr Corbyn and loose then fine , at least they will have lost fighting for Labour values not Tory as has been the case over the last few elections.

A vote for Cooper , Burnham or Kendall is a vote for the status quo and more pulic apathy.

edit on 24-7-2015 by gortex because: Then not than

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

The accuser is another Labour party MP on his own Labour party website.

I'm aware of who John Mann is.

MP's that covered it are guilty by neglect.

He didn't cover it up he informed the then Health Secretary who would have more power to forward the complaint and get something done about it , I'm not sure what else you think he should of done he's just a constituency MP not Sherlock Holmes.

It is disgusting and anyone supporting Corbyn doesn't deserve any respect at all IMO

Child abuse is disgusting but trying to smear Mr Corbyn with it is equally disgusting.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

And what happened to the SDP

They merged with The Liberal Party. You may have missed that.

How is it that it's OK to have right winger leading a political party (Ukip)

UKIP are a right wing party are they not. They gained 12.6 % of the vote in the GE, up from 3.1% in 2010. Unlike Labour, who under a leftist leader actually LOST 24 seats compared to the 2010 GE.

So what does that tell you? It tells me that the swing in The U.K. is toward The Right and not The Left.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

If by that you mean the Blairite New Labour supporters will leave than great !
And what happened to the SDP ? , Oh yeah obscurity.

The thing is, you're assuming that the Bairites are the "SDP" in this scenario and that it's the Blairites who will fade into obscurity.

I'm not entirely sure about that. Blair's New Labour has been the only incarnation of the Labour government to attract enough votes to win an election since... well, since before many of us here were born.

As an unrepentant Tory, I fully support Corbyn for the Labour party leadership.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

They merged with The Liberal Party. You may have missed that.

They were so irrelevant and short lived I may as well have.

So what does that tell you? It tells me that the swing in The U.K. is toward The Right and not The Left.

It tells me Farage was blowing the right dog whistles on migration that people wanted to hear and he offered a change to the same old same old British politics has become , he appealed not because of the colour of his politics but because of people voting for none of the above.

Most of the people I know who were going to vote Ukip were unaware they are a right wing party , it was all about Johnny Foreigner.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

MP's that covered it are guilty by neglect.

He didn't cover it up he informed the then Health Secretary who would have more power to forward the complaint and get something done about it , I'm not sure what else you think he should of done he's just a constituency MP not Sherlock Holmes.

He's a Member of Parliament. He can bring tremendous influence to bear and can have departments held to account.

As an MP he is not there to just be a messenger boy, he is there to ensure that matters raised by his constituents are being addressed - and if not, why not.

Considering the nature of the allegations, he should have (and could have) been riding the Health Secretary over this - and he has that power exactly because he is a constituency MP. It's actually an incredibly important of the role but he neglected to do it. In fact, when other MPs stepped in to try and address this, he went on the attack.

There's a case to be made out that Corbyn wasn't just neglecting his duties, he was actively (even if unintentionally) contributing towards the smokescreen that allowed the abuse to continue.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

he is there to ensure that matters raised by his constituents are being addressed

Which he did by bringing it to the attention of the Health Secretary.

Considering the nature of the allegations, he should have (and could have) been riding the Health Secretary over this - and he has that power exactly because he is a constituency MP.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing , this country was a different place in the 70s and 80s.

As an unrepentant Tory, I fully support Corbyn for the Labour party leadership.

Glad to hear it , as an unrepentant Tory you should perhaps hold some fire for those Toy MPs and Piers who were up to it back then.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join