It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

special forces profiles

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
lets just say that the Brits dont like being compare to others on who the best are. its just pride on their history and nobody is equivalent to them. however many special forces units are similar to the SAS, but some are still young in the international scene. Delta was built back in the 1977. the SAS during WW2. so the Brits have their history and success on their side.
but all the special forces unit still respect others.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Broadsword20068
First off, NO ONE knows how Delta Force trains. That is classified. Literally. If anyone tells you they know how Delta trains, they're lying.

And of course I'm pro-American; it's like it's a sin to be prideful to be an American these days; pro-American doesn't mean I think everyone else is a loser.

Yes we do we've heard how 'trained' they are!

US Special forces is a contradiction in terms - without constant re-supply of warm food & ice cream they can't hack it.

Yanks got all the baddies in one place in Afganistan and them let them arm themselves - did they call delta or SEALS (oink!)? no they called SAS as they wanted it sorted out not just levelled with airpower!

UK Royal Marine's AMWC are far ahead of US SF in guts, grit and skill. SAS / SBS are off the scale!

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yo people shut the hell up! This thread is not about that! Its not about who's the best, no one's the effin best. We don't know how everybody is trained (in least not everything), as I said before their's thousands of missions the US special forces do yearly. And that was way before Afghanistan, or Iraq. So shut the heck up and stop acting like your a know it all. Even though I did notice that our special forces were calling in airstrikes a lot and not neccersarily fighting. But that is just what we know. Yea so please I don't want this thread closed, because of stupid stuff like this!

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I must apoplogise for my fellow countrymans.....patriotism....

I for one see the US as highly trained and frankly if we're going to debate training lets do it in another thread, and not ruin blue cells one.

Although I have seen for myself the level of military training.....

www.putfile.com...
The pride of the british army..

www.big-boys.com...
The pride of the USMC...

www.big-boys.com...
The pride of norway...

www.big-boys.com...
The US secureing a vital instelation...

www.putfile.com...
The pride of the dutch forces..

www.big-boys.com...
The US navy at its finest..

www.big-boys.com...
The british army at its finest..

Got to love how profesional our lads in uniforms are..

Oh and here's a demonstration of the US bomb disposal technitions BTW..Warning swearing...***
www.big-boys.com...

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092

Yanks got all the baddies in one place in Afganistan and them let them arm themselves - did they call delta or SEALS (oink!)? no they called SAS as they wanted it sorted out not just levelled with airpower!

UK Royal Marine's AMWC are far ahead of US SF in guts, grit and skill. SAS / SBS are off the scale!

LOL, the Brit SAS didn't do squat in Afghanistan. They actually got the #es because the US didn't want to use them. The story about teh Brit SAS knife fighting with Al-Qaeda in Tora Bora is complete bollox, made up by the Brit media for lack of any real story.

The SASR on the other hand saw plenty of action and were the unit who iniated the first contact which led to operation Annaconda. They also managed to save many american lives by acting as FAC's as they could see the moutain top where the US SF's were.
After the fight they went to get some chow back at the main US BAse and all the US soldiers stood aside in the mess line letting them through and cheering them. The SASR Trooper who talked about this said he was quite embarrassed at the time.
All documented on Australian 60 minutes

[edit on 10-8-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1
LOL, the Brit SAS didn't do squat in Afghanistan. They actually got the #es because the US didn't want to use them. The story about teh Brit SAS knife fighting with Al-Qaeda in Tora Bora is complete bollox, made up by the Brit media for lack of any real story.

The SASR on the other hand saw plenty of action and were the unit who iniated the first contact which led to operation Annaconda. They also managed to save many american lives by acting as FAC's as they could see the moutain top where the US SF's were.
After the fight they went to get some chow back at the main US BAse and all the US soldiers stood aside in the mess line letting them through and cheering them. The SASR Trooper who talked about this said he was quite embarrassed at the time.
All documented on Australian 60 minutes

[edit on 10-8-2005 by rogue1]

Rogue!
For crying out loud cant you leave one SF thread with out wrecking it, if you want to reply to this do it by U2U.

Might I also say I highly doubt any REAL tasks done by ANY SF forces will be top secret.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I wish there was info on Marine Detatchment One, Blue Cell if you could find any it would be much appreciated

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkmonkey14
I wish there was info on Marine Detatchment One, Blue Cell if you could find any it would be much appreciated

Here is a link it was in my thread! Its okay you probably don't want to read through my whole thread!

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well, I've read all that info, but i was wondering if you had info on like the missions they've been on of there specialties or anything like that.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkmonkey14
Well, I've read all that info, but i was wondering if you had info on like the missions they've been on of there specialties or anything like that.

Sorry dude I looked all over and could not find any info on that. There a pretty small unit, missions are probably pretty secret

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Sorry wrong forum!

[edit on 10/8/05 by CTID56092]

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Good job cell, I was starting to get disturbed, when people were stating my country's SF/Spec Ops is better than your country's SF/Spec Ops. All SF/Spec Ops are highly sophisticated. & Whoever stated that no one knows how Delta boys are trained, that statement is a lie. What if I am a Delta boy? Then obviously I would know what their training is. No offense, just trying to clear things up.

Cell my ?'s to you is, what do you know about Blackwater?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy

This may in terest you it is video taken of some Blackwater operators in action.

static.thepiratebay.org...

The 5 man BW crew that was assinged tto CPA Najaf were coming under heavy small arms and mortor fire, the city was being taken over by insurgents. The Police stations and hospitals were taken by as well, after a day of fighting off hundreds of insurgents the city had been completly overran, with the CPA in the heart of the city and no way out.

the Team called up to Baghdad and reported the situation. they said they needed immediate extract which Gen Sanchez also denined due to the fact the city had been overran and they were no US troops there, only contractors. Well Ambassador Bremer was pissed at sanchez and I remember being on office watch during the massive arguments! ambassador bremer and our Baghdad TM Leader got together and Bremer said "I dont want another Bridge hanging! Get those boys out of there by any means nessassary!" so 12 of us 6pilots and 6 gunners loaded as much as we could in 3 MD530 little birds and headed 70 miles south. we flew in the first day and blind (no comms, and no intel on the heat) to try a resupply, land find out was was going on and then head back, rearm and get ready to go again. Well that night all hell broke lose and we flew back in. Over 1000 insurgents (reported by the F18 pilots) had taken the city and now wanted the CPA after a day of intense fighting by 11 BW guys, airstrikes, a handfull of Marines and 1 sniper we were able to hold them off. After it DIED down and gunships and SF guys finnally started to roll in the battle was soon over and we the CPA was saved.
That pretty much it in a nut shell...

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Awesome video rogue1

Thanks for the story, and video

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidationOfDiscrepancy
Good job cell, I was starting to get disturbed, when people were stating my country's SF/Spec Ops is better than your country's SF/Spec Ops. All SF/Spec Ops are highly sophisticated. & Whoever stated that no one knows how Delta boys are trained, that statement is a lie. What if I am a Delta boy? Then obviously I would know what their training is. No offense, just trying to clear things up.

Nothing accept for the link rogue one pointed out.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Nestled inconspicuously amid the pinelands and horse farms of northeastern North Carolina lies a small but increasingly important part of the nation's campaign to stabilize Iraq.

Here, at the 6,000-acre training ground of Blackwater U.S.A., scores of former military commandos, police officers and civilians are prepared each month to join the lucrative but often deadly work of providing security for corporations and governments in the toughest corners of the globe.

On Wednesday, four employees of a Blackwater unit -- most of them former American military Special Operations personnel -- were killed in an ambush in the central Iraqi city of Fallujah, their bodies mutilated and dragged through the streets by chanting crowds.

The scene, captured in horrific detail by television and newspaper cameras, shocked the nation and outraged the tightly knit community of current and former Special Operations personnel. But it also shed new light on the rapidly growing and loosely regulated industry of private paramilitary companies like Blackwater that are replacing government troops in conflicts from South America to Africa to the Middle East.

source

If so I remember hearing about them.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Correct, they are made up of I believe former Special Forces, NSA, CIA, Delta Force, Navy Seals, Spec Ops,DEA, police, ect. That the government hired for tons of money.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Another Blackwater video of fighting in Najaf.

rapidshare.de...

Some more Blackwatch videos here as well :

www.atwar.net...

[edit on 12-8-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hi I was wondering if anybody could find info on the Republic of Korea Navy (ROKN) 56 Special Warfare Squadron, 56 Special Warafare Squadron Special Missions Group, and ROKMC 1st Special Reconnaissance Battalion.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Selection is an event during which candidates are placed in an extremely mentally and physically demanding set of situations and circumstances, through which they must pass. It is in duration approximately a week.
Selection is carefully and specifically designed so as to be impossible for a human being to complete on finite physical resources alone. In order to be able to complete selection, one has to draw on the infinite resources of the mind, as well as resources of will and spirit, to possibly continue and complete.
For the duration of Selection, the candidates do not sleep or eat, and have no rest period at all.
At all relevant stages of Selection (most of Selection) potential candidates are accompanied by Qualified Operators, as well as psychologists, who monitor and control the potential candidates at all times. Psychometric tests are also given to potential candidates at various stages of Selection.
Any candidate who exhibits signs of overt aggression, hostility, inability to work in a team, or other undesirable characteristics will be immediately removed from the course by one of the Qualified Operators or Psychologists accompanying the candidates. This is other than the candidates who themselves ask to leave the course, or who just sit down and stop.
The purpose of the selection is to simulate the most extreme physically and mentally stressful conditions that could ever possibly be experienced by a human being operationally, in order to see how the potential candidates. This is in order to ensure that only the most stable, disciplined, self-disciplined and resourceful persons - who are able to tap into the infinite strength of the mind as opposed to merely physical attributes - are able to succeed and pass. Many persons who pass Selection have a physically small or weak appearance, and many who fail are physically immensely strong. Only an extremely small percentage of persons who begin Selection ever pass it. In some years, no-one has managed to pass Selection, and there are other cases where or only 1 or 2 persons out of an entire Selection group pass.
About 95% to 100% of persons who complete Selection will go on to complete the rest of the Special Forces Operators Basic Training Cycle.Further training
Candidates who pass Selection then complete the Basic Operators Training Cycle, which continues for approximately a year. The various courses on this cycle are also extremely physically and mentally demanding. Some Operators have said that they found some of the courses on the cycle to be just as challenging – if not more so – than Selection itself.
For the duration of the cycle, and candidates who fail to comply with any of the physical or academic requirements of the course, or who display any undesirable psychological or personality traits will be removed from the cycle.
The Basic Operators Training Cycle ensures that each Special Forces Operator who has completed this cycle is extremely, qualified in an in-depth manner in all aspects of Sea, Air and Land operations, in any terrain or environment, under any climatic or other conditions.
source

Wow that is crazy! I hope this unit will be a stablizing force around its country, and the countries around it. Seems like a good SF unit. Anythoughs?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join