It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Gun Shop Now “Muslim Free Zone"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Shucks, I bet if a Serbian woman with light blue eyes and long brown hair with skin more fare than his strolled in there he'd sell her 100 guns without knowing...

How about if she was gay?

LOOOL!!!! Bloody tea came out me nose...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: XTexan

So by declaring his store a Muslim Free Zone you're suggesting he assumes all Muslims are either mentally unstable and or criminals?

Businesses have the right refuse services based on a case by case bases but they cannot discriminate against a group of people based on their religion. It's all very clear in OP.

I'm just saying, he'd only know your religion if you were preaching it in his store. If someone is doing that I can see the justification of a business owner refusing your service.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Only by preaching? He plans to, or did plan to, discriminate against anyone who he assumed was a Muslim. How he assumes this will be more than just someone preaching the Koran. He'll make the call by judging how they look, mostly, and maybe looking for key words to be spoken that sound Muslim.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

And that is what makes it discriminatory.

Unless he is going to say "I don't sell to anyone who preaches religion."

He also might want to check who does the most terror attacks in the US.

Hint, it isn't the scary muslims.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Do you really believe that his criteria would be based on whether or not someone is discussing theology though? Or is it more likely that anyone who looks middle eastern would be his criteria? Do you think he would gladly sell a firearm to a woman wearing a hijab as long as she was not discussing religion? I somehow have my doubts that the store owner is as discerning in his discriminatory practices as you would have us believe.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Not 'silly' questions.

'Genuine' Questions!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

No they are silly.

For a gun shop owner to take this stance is him admitting he is responsible for what people do with the guns he sells.

Which for as long as I have seen the debates go on, that is never the case in the eyes of gun owners.

Manufacturers and sellers have no control over what you do with the gun you buy, hence why they can't be targeted after a tragedy happens.

Seems he is opening up a can of worms here if he is serious.

So are sellers responsible for what the guns they sell are used for?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Seems he is opening up a can of worms here if he is serious.

So are sellers responsible for what the guns they sell are used for?

Not really. As with any other business, a gun store is generally not responsible for criminal misuse/abuse of product as long as he follows the legal guidelines and obligations that he has a seller. That being said, the FFL does make the final decision in cases where the buyer passes the background check. From the FBI's website:

B. FFLs Make Final Transfer Decisions for Proceed Transactions When an FFL receives a proceed response to a NICS background check, the FFL is not legally required to transfer a weapon if in their judgment the transfer would be inappropriate. The FFL is the final authority, based upon their observations of the customer, on whether or not to transfer a firearm to an individual who has received a proceed response from the NICS. If the FFL knows or has reasonable cause to believe the buyer is prohibited from receiving or possessing a gun, even if the NICS issues a proceed, the FFL may not lawfully transfer the firearm.

So, as we see, the FFL has some discretion with regards to the buyer and is legally bound to terminate a sale even if the buyer passes a background check in some instances. There's no larger 'can of worms' here, only a bad policy by an individual business.

edit on 23-7-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: Swills

Greetings and Salutations- I travel by this store on My way to the dog park. No traffic was there at 08:53 hrs. and again at 09:47 hrs. The little note explaining the policy was "blowing in the wind"..

This is the article written by the local rag: www.chronicleonline.com...

In this article it relates that a self described Muslim will be taking the Concealed Weapons course in the near future. I've been in this store with a fellow retired LEO and He filled out the paperwork for the monthly drawing for a new 9mm. If You join their farcebook™ "Friends" You're eligible to win the FREE gun.

•Personal Note• That same "eerie feeling" that kept Me alive during My Police career was present when they asked Me to fill out the "paperwork". I told Him then that anything to farcebook™ is sent into a big seine and I felt more comfortable keeping My business "in house"... It should also be noted that another Citrus County business owner is doing 10 year Federal beef for guns running through His atv shop. The Gov't. took ALL this guys $$$ and holding and STILL sent Him up..

I'll report back when this store is CLOSED.

namaste

Edit: Hassan Shibley is the person from CAIR™ that will be taking the course..

Thank you for backing me up with the facts! Much appreciated, hope others read your little post.

Now reading on to see how it all turned out...

P.S. I am just noting the pendulum swing and pleased to find that independent verification has materialized. I have NO BIAS myself. To elaborate, I have no desire to see the shop closed or open. i am happy for the verification that the person is/was to join the course.
edit on 23-0720157-1515 by gwynnhwyfar because: ETA disclaimer

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So... what about the shooting last night at the theatre?

Where did the guy get his gun and ammo?

If it was legally bought at a Gun Shop, then the owner of that gun Shop was in-advertently responsible..

Was he not?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You know I am pretty pro gun control and I don't take that stance.

Like many that are against gun control as well, it is not the shop owners fault for what you do with what you buy.

Just like McDonalds ins't responsible if you get fat from eating to much of it.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You can't compare McDonalds to a Gun!

Ha Ha. That was funny though.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This guy is opening himself up to a discrimination lawsuit.

If he doesn't want to serve Muslims, then he shouldn't be in business.

It's likely just a publicity stunt designed to get Muslim hating gun nuts into his store.

He's also going to attract every Muslim crazy in the area. Won't be sorry if something happens to him and his store.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

So... what about the shooting last night at the theatre?

Where did the guy get his gun and ammo?

If it was legally bought at a Gun Shop, then the owner of that gun Shop was in-advertently responsible..

Was he not?

Like bartenders that let patrons drive home drunk, gun shop owners should be held legally responsible if the guns they sell are used in a crime.

it would make them REALLY want to check out their customers.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You know I am pretty pro gun control and I don't take that stance.

Like many that are against gun control as well, it is not the shop owners fault for what you do with what you buy.

Just like McDonalds ins't responsible if you get fat from eating to much of it.

Morally and Ethically, gun shop owners are responsible if they sell a gun to someone who later uses it in a crime.

Legally, they're off the hook.

Unfortunately, most gun shop owners don't have morals or ethics, or they wouldn't be selling guns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join