It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just decided I am done smoking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

The price of cigs these days is crazy. I just threw my pack away with 3 cigs left in it. I went back on the street and someone had already picked up the pack. And someone says cigs are not worse then pot, what a joke.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Best wishes on the endeavor, sir. I quit cold turkey back in 2008 (April Fool's Day, to be exact) after getting to a point that I was smoking two packs a day.

I had undergone a really intense fitness revival in my life--weight rack in the garage, elliptical twice a day, eating better--yet I was still smoking. After losing about 30 lbs in 3 months (while adding on muscle), I realized that I was at the point where I would have a cigarette in the middle of my workout.

That was my breaking point--I had been doing all of this healthy stuff, yet here I am still smoking. I just got fed up with it, and quite. And I've never looked back.

Of course, having asthma made my smoking even more ridiculous.

But you can do this...once you make it past a couple of weeks, your body is over the chemical addiction and then it's just all mental. Find something else to relieve stress (I had working out for that), and if you still have that oral fixation (no, not in a gross way), stock up on baby carrots or other healthy stuff that, if you eat a lot of them, won't make you gain the dreaded weight that most people see when they quit.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca
Thanks for everyone's encouragement. I took two puffs this morning in the truck on the way to work before I woke up enough to throw that thing out of the window. Luckily, I knew I'd slip

No big deal, man. You got this in the long-run.

You sound like me...I always have good intentions, then I forget what I'm doing and habit takes over. But you got this.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Even if you slip up, keep trying, if you never try, you'll never quit. I quit in 1984 and it was a bitch. I quit twice for almost a year each time and finally it stuck. And it was a couple of years before the yearnings totally went away.

One of the reason my husband and I quit was because ciggies were getting so expensive, almost a dollar a pack!! What a crack up compared to now. E-gads! I don't know how anybody can afford to smoke cigarettes.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Change your avatar, too

I've been smoking for... hmm... almost 15 blooming years!! I'm 30. Been wanting to quite for EVER!

Be strong, non-smoker, even when you slip, fall onto your feet and keep breathing that sweet sweet oxygen

I don't pray, but I feel like saying:
Lord, make me a non-smoker too,
like fellow brothers and sisters whom have kicked the cancer sticks
and aid us in believing and breathing
Amen

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jimjolnir
a reply to: ExcallibaccaChange your avatar, too

Actually, that is the logo for Goonswarm Federation in Eve Online. We're the bad guys.

So, I had 7 cigs yesterday. Not too bad compared to 30. Today, 1 in the past 5 hours. I'm going to get there.

Maybe not cold turkey, but it is an awesome feeling. I can already smell some things.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Awesome!
I'll try remember to mention Goonswarm Fed. to a friend who plays Eve... if I recall he's one of the good guys

Haha

Well done, mate. I ain't promising anything, but I've been cutting down ever so slowly. From nearly two packs a day years ago to just under a pack a day now... need to set a quite date in the near future.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Jimjolnir

I'm not sure there are really any good guys in Eve, lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join