It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 billion people; most believe in a Higher God Creator Form yet fail to manifest IT into BEING

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Any claim is open to questioning.

I also question other claims, in other threads, belonging to other members.

Don't get me wrong. My goal is to discuss and maybe get some good insight from other peoples experiences and hopefully, when I can show that someone's claims might by questionable, then they might reevaluate things. Maybe take something away themselves.

You obviously didn't come here to discuss. You came here to preach. Trying to discuss things with you is a dead end. I will no doubt choose to spend my time doing other things.

Don't be surprised if others engage you the way I have done. If you wish to avoid that, then, my advice would be for you to find a forum where these types of claims are not put through a wringer.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
Open a thread; have a dialog with others, purpose is to learn/gain information from others having a similar interest. Its called "old school" an open forum of discussion called (student teacher treatises). You might start with Hermetica; the ancient greek and latin writings which contain the religious and philosophic writings of Hermes Trismegistus. It is a back and forth dialog.
edit on 27-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

What does that have to do with questioning your claims?

Why don't you go do that instead of trying to turn ATS into your personal blog?

You do realize that the format here allows all members to question each other's claims. If you don't like that then maybe this forum isn't for you.

ETA: Since I don't have anything more to add and this seems to be going nowhere anyway, I will bow out.
edit on 27-7-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
Good sailing *may the winds be at your back* and "Keep On Trucking".

edit on 27-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
Using the "old antibiotics debate" as backdoor subterfuge to introduce a NEW subject; the relevance or irrelevance of a God creator to this thread [not sure how they relate] (nifty).

No, I wasn't. I was pointing out that the blatant false title of this thread, "7 billion people; most believe in a Higher God Creator Form" as a statement of fact (which it is not, it's a personal belief) is undermined by the complete inaccuracy of how antibiotic resistance happens.

The two are only related in the sense that both are incorrect; most of the world's population do not believe in a higher power is incorrect. And one does not become "desensitised" to antibiotics which diminishes their effectiveness against bacterial infections.

That's what i was pointing out.

Oh and God won't materialise because he doesn't exist -- it's all made up.
edit on 30-7-2015 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
originally posted by: noonebutme

noonebutme: The two are only related in the sense that both are incorrect; " most of the world's population do not believe in a higher power is incorrect" And one does not become "desensitised" to antibiotics which diminishes their effectiveness against bacterial infections.
That's what i was pointing out.

That is what I said; most of the worlds population believes in a higher power.

noonebutme: Oh and God won't materialise because he doesn't exist -- it's all made up.

By the humans whom created the idea of a God? (what do they know).
edit on 30-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Typo on my part..

I meant to say, the statement "Most of the worlds population believes in a higher power" is incorrect. You're making a generalisation YOU believe to be true as a statement of fact with no evidence behind it. I don't believe 6.5+ billion people (which I would then agree is "most") believe in God or a higher power.

Hence why that statement you made, combined with the complete inaccurate statement about antibacterial resistance made the entire OP pointless.

edit on 31-7-2015 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

nononebutme: Typo on my part..
I meant to say, the statement "Most of the worlds population believes in a higher power" is incorrect. You're making a generalisation YOU believe to be true as a statement of fact with no evidence behind it. I don't believe 6.5+ billion people (which I would then agree is "most") believe in God or a higher power.

You are wrong in that estimation. NO GENERALIZATION. I do not have/hold a dogmatic 'belief system' that engenders or resembles yours.

noonebutme: Hence why that statement you made, combined with the complete inaccurate statement about antibacterial resistance made the entire OP pointless.

Regarding vaccines (NO) I was speaking about humans only; and their capacity/ability to manifest GOD Aspect? Where did I loose you in the "History of Violence".

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Individual's concept of God, is as varied as they are.It appears that one's relationship to the divine ebbs and flows as they explore this concept for themselves.I know many can't relate to sky daddy, or the usual images that come to mind thinking of religion.Strict Atheists may not believe in God, but Good is no stranger.Mention of belief in a higher power evokes the virtues for me, I think that forms the spiritual bridge in our humanity...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
Individual's concept of God, is as varied as they are.It appears that one's relationship to the divine ebbs and flows as they explore this concept for themselves.I know many can't relate to sky daddy, or the usual images that come to mind thinking of religion.Strict Atheists may not believe in God, but Good is no stranger.Mention of belief in a higher power evokes the virtues for me, I think that forms the spiritual bridge in our humanity...

As one is an aspect of God (particle) is as varied as that soul/spirit is varied in its own unique expression. I question this; is it our intent to KNOW GOD or understand ourselves as a God aspect (child of that creation) is it about unfolding an awareness? Sky Daddy; how funny as humans are latch key children and understand we have been abandoned. It is interesting that Atheists seem not to understand the concept of Good vs Evil.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

You are wrong in that estimation. NO GENERALIZATION. I do not have/hold a dogmatic 'belief system' that engenders or resembles yours.

Ok, show me the evidence of statistics that says MOST of the world believe in a higher power. And what constitutes "most"?

I said "I do not believe" and that I would agree a certain value is most -- both are personal opinions and statements. You state MOST of the world -- explain with evidence where you derive MOST from please.

And what dogmatic belief system? I dont have one. I don't believe in religion or God or any of that stuff. I believe in observable phenomena.

Regarding vaccines (NO) I was speaking about humans only; and their capacity/ability to manifest GOD Aspect? Where did I loose you in the "History of Violence".

I'm assuming English is not your first language, which is absolutely fine - but none of that made any sense.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme
So having English as second language is (exactly what are you implying) just fine; yet you felt the need to expose such a thing [I am suspect of something now]. Most of the world are not cold war era 1950 Communists told not to believe in anything but Stalin. So there is the factual. You have a very strange idea regarding the humans faith in a higher being that runs across (is the basis) for all of mans great religions. Obviously you are an Atheist and think your numbers are larger than what they are.

edit on 2-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I have been in and out of the Christian Church since I left home at 17. The problem is that I find much of the old testament and the doctrine stemming from it, pretty difficult to swallow. Yet I know with all that is in me that we have a creator. No other religion makes sense to me either which is why I keep gravitating towards the Christian church, because at least it is familiar. However I still have questions, one of which is similar to your OP. I have opened up a dialogue with my current church's pastor, he is quite smart, and although he has not yet answered my last email, I think I know how he will answer the question concerning how there can be so many believers yet so little Divine manifestation because he pretty much provided an explanation in his sermon yesterday. Basically the universe, both the physical and the spiritual works according to laws and systems. Now dominion of the physical realm has been given to humanity and due to the separation of the spiritual realm from the physical realm (way back whenever), a law exists which prevents the spiritual realm from intervening in the physical realm without the permission of those whose domain is the physical. But here is the kicker, the key, the piece of the puzzle that has been missing for so many generations; God does not respond to need! Before I, or rather my pastor, gets flamed, bear with me a second. God does not respond to emotion, need, petition and begging, without action! God responds to initiative. God responds to the sowing. We sow, God provides the harvest! Now bear in mind that the above came from my pastor and I have yet to put it to the test, although I intend to this week, so wish me luck. But it makes sense. If humanity is collectively choosing a dog eat eat dog world where the only currency that matters is monetary, if humanity is collectively choosing to sow seeds of self gratification at the expense of others and God is responding, or allowing it according to our collective will, then we really are the authors of our own suffering. It is possible that the occult elite have known this and is perhaps the reason why they have actively been attempting to dumb us down and keep us reacting on the same level as animals. Want, desire, survival.
If we want things to change on a global level, we ALL need to 'sow'/take action on a global level. So faith then, if I understand my pastor correctly, is not words or belief. It is action. Willpower in action.
Hope that helps

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
originally posted by: berheal

berheal:
I have been in and out of the Christian Church since I left home at 17. The problem is that I find much of the old testament and the doctrine stemming from it, pretty difficult to swallow. Yet I know with all that is in me that we have a creator. No other religion makes sense to me either which is why I keep gravitating towards the Christian church, because at least it is familiar. However I still have questions, one of which is similar to your OP.

Its an interesting question; why can we not manifest God (not a material being?). Material things manifest in my home (WHAT IS THIS and where did it come from); an alter cloth, a women's hat pin from the 18th century (crazy time).

berheal: I have opened up a dialogue with my current church's pastor, he is quite smart, and although he has not yet answered my last email, I think I know how he will answer the question concerning how there can be so many believers yet so little Divine manifestation because he pretty much provided an explanation in his sermon yesterday. Basically the universe, both the physical and the spiritual works according to laws and systems. Now dominion of the physical realm has been given to humanity and due to the separation of the spiritual realm from the physical realm (way back whenever), a law exists which prevents the spiritual realm from intervening in the physical realm without the permission of those whose domain is the physical.

This would be my understanding of the AUO "Absolute Unbounded Oneness"; not physical but a field of awareness. Dominion of the human realm has been given to humanity certainly; what created us is not clear in clearly those demi-gods had a hand in manipulating our DNA/Genetics. Who would be giving the permission AS KING HUMAN to interfere with the rest of the race? I like this pastor of yours.

berheal: But here is the kicker, the key, the piece of the puzzle that has been missing for so many generations; God does not respond to need! Before I, or rather my pastor, gets flamed, bear with me a second. God does not respond to emotion, need, petition and begging, without action! God responds to initiative. God responds to the sowing. We sow, God provides the harvest! Now bear in mind that the above came from my pastor and I have yet to put it to the test, although I intend to this week, so wish me luck.

God doesn't respond to prayer as it is a form of begging. What you seem to be describing as initiative would to my mind be the same as invention or "Creativity" by the human to cause positive change. This system is one that is pro-active; or PROFITABLE; those systems that are destructive or negative are destroyed. Good luck to you!

berheal: But it makes sense. If humanity is collectively choosing a dog eat eat dog world where the only currency that matters is monetary, if humanity is collectively choosing to sow seeds of self gratification at the expense of others and God is responding, or allowing it according to our collective will, then we really are the authors of our own suffering. It is possible that the occult elite have known this and is perhaps the reason why they have actively been attempting to dumb us down and keep us reacting on the same level as animals. Want, desire, survival.
If we want things to change on a global level, we ALL need to 'sow'/take action on a global level. So faith then, if I understand my pastor correctly, is not words or belief. It is action. Willpower in action.
Hope that helps

It does help; and thank you. The human may think it is doing its own will; but is actually performing Gods will; as this was Gods plan all along (we cannot change anything but can perform as orchestrators of Gods will to the best of the systems potential).
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law,
Love is the law, love under will
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt"...the law of thelema
I interpret this as the human can do what ever it wants; but under "love" which is the God factors "will".
edit on 3-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

As one is an aspect of God (particle) is as varied as that soul/spirit is varied in its own unique expression. I question this; is it our intent to KNOW GOD or understand ourselves as a God aspect (child of that creation) is it about unfolding an awareness?

I think it could be all of the above.Practice understanding ourselves, and unfolding awareness are keys to actively building a personal relationship with the Divine.It appears that not everyone is consciously exploring this.Perhaps their life lessons are emphasizing different realms of experience.Their lives are just as precious.

Sky Daddy; how funny as humans are latch key children and understand we have been abandoned. It is interesting that Atheists seem not to understand the concept of Good vs Evil.

Sky daddy, long beardy, just a couple of names I've heard in philosophical conversations.I put that out there as a caricature of what comes to mind when one is still trying to understand what God means to them.Lol, ironic Cronus, Saturn or Father Time are archetypically related to that.Eh, everyone has to start somewhere.

Many atheists I've met do understand the concept of Good vs Evil.I know we're using generalizations here, however I'm interested in your line of thought...

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I don't know if I agree entirely about only being able to choose to do what God only wants us to do, that means someone who rapes a child was choosing to do that because God wanted them to?? I know that God said in the old testament that he puts before us choices, the good and the bad, but surely it is not his will that we choose what is bad?? Or do I misunderstand?
It is my opinion that, at least in terms of my own life, choosing without engaging will, unconsciously with no awareness of the power behind will, playing Russian roulette with my prayers... Well it sure hasn't gotten me anything but grief and anger at God. But now, armed with this new information, my hope is that I can engage my will and not be anyone, or any thing's, puppet (neither corporations peddling addictions, nor god's... *waits for thunderclap*).
I would like to think that we are not pawns on a chessboard (Puscifer's music video 'Queen B' comes to mind)... That would just make me angry all over again!
Interesting stuff, life....

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

So having English as second language is (exactly what are you implying) just fine; yet you felt the need to expose such a thing [I am suspect of something now].

No, I made reference to it because what you wrote in the part i quoted made no sense whatsoever...

Most of the world are not cold war era 1950 Communists told not to believe in anything but Stalin. So there is the factual.

Again, that makes NO sense. What are you saying? What does that refer to? How does that qualify your statement of "most" of the population of the world believe in a higher power? Actually, what is your native language? I speak a few - perhaps I can understand it in its native form..?

You have a very strange idea regarding the humans faith in a higher being that runs across (is the basis) for all of mans great religions. Obviously you are an Atheist and think your numbers are larger than what they are.

Yes I am an atheist and no I do not assume my "numbers" are larger than what they are -- I'm merely asking YOU to qualify your statement that most of the world believes in a higher power.

To start with, define : most -- is that 60% ? 70%? 90%? 95% ? What is "most" ? To me, "most", when referring to the context of your statement, is 90% or higher.

Once you define "most", please show me where you get your statistics from.

edit on 6-8-2015 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml

vhb: As one is an aspect of God (particle) is as varied as that soul/spirit is varied in its own unique expression. I question this; is it our intent to KNOW GOD or understand ourselves as a God aspect (child of that creation) is it about unfolding an awareness?

dffrntkndfnml: I think it could be all of the above.Practice understanding ourselves, and unfolding awareness are keys to actively building a personal relationship with the Divine.It appears that not everyone is consciously exploring this.Perhaps their life lessons are emphasizing different realms of experience.Their lives are just as precious.

As there are 4 forms of consciousness, lowest to highest, (also describing animals) the Instinctive mind, then (the human) Intellect, then Spiritual mind and finally Spirit or combining with the absolute unbounded oneness. It depends upon what ones nature is in their own development; some start with a religious dogma. Some start as Aboriginals and work backwards from spirit mind. Its crazy. Only those ready for enlightenment will be enlightened. Some souls are here just to experience being a human.

Sky Daddy; how funny as humans are latch key children and understand we have been abandoned. It is interesting that Atheists seem not to understand the concept of Good vs Evil.

dffrn: Sky daddy, long beardy, just a couple of names I've heard in philosophical conversations.I put that out there as a caricature of what comes to mind when one is still trying to understand what God means to them.Lol, ironic Cronus, Saturn or Father Time are archetypically related to that.Eh, everyone has to start somewhere.

Many atheists I've met do understand the concept of Good vs Evil.I know we're using generalizations here, however I'm interested in your line of thought...

Seeking Sky daddy is a personal journey (simplified) if one is interested in the "why am I here exactly". Many are not (too busy being a human and the distractions that come with maintaining ones life and family in this day of convenience living; car has a flat, the microwaves keys don't function anymore; one minor thing after another (not like one is being invaded by the Visigoths or Genghis Khan) and build castles and armies to defend; or have to grow our own food etc. We have it so easy but have turned into such meows. I look at atheists as I do dogmatists; they believe in something someone else told them. There is a flaw there. If atheists understand the concepts of good vs evil is there a treatise available; I am interested in what side they would take.
edit on 6-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
originally posted by: berheal

berheal: I don't know if I agree entirely about only being able to choose to do what God only wants us to do, that means someone who rapes a child was choosing to do that because God wanted them to?? I know that God said in the old testament that he puts before us choices, the good and the bad, but surely it is not his will that we choose what is bad?? Or do I misunderstand?

It is a hard concept; and you don't have to agree. Nothing happens on this earth that is not already preordained/planned by the AUO. I could also say this way; as you are of its source being you become a proxy/progenitor of all actions. You have will but that will remains Gods. This does not mean you cannot be inventive and creative it just means you are doing your own will as Gods will (you are part and particle of god).

berheal: It is my opinion that, at least in terms of my own life, choosing without engaging will, unconsciously with no awareness of the power behind will, playing Russian roulette with my prayers... Well it sure hasn't gotten me anything but grief and anger at God. But now, armed with this new information, my hope is that I can engage my will and not be anyone, or any thing's, puppet (neither corporations peddling addictions, nor god's... *waits for thunderclap*).
I would like to think that we are not pawns on a chessboard (Puscifer's music video 'Queen B' comes to mind)... That would just make me angry all over again!
Interesting stuff, life....

We are not pawns at all if you understand that to bypass the megalomaniacal demi-gods that created governments, dictatorships and false belief systems is critical; thereby casting off the yoke and their control of us. Then you can begin to think for yourself.
edit on 6-8-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

veteranhumanbeing: So having English as second language is (exactly what are you implying) just fine; yet you felt the need to expose such a thing [I am suspect of something now].

noonebutme: No, I made reference to it because what you wrote in the part i quoted made no sense whatsoever..

Its a gift I cannot explain it with simple typeface.

vhb: Most of the world are not cold war era 1950 Communists told not to believe in anything but Stalin. So there is the factual.

noonebutme: Again, that makes NO sense. What are you saying? What does that refer to? How does that qualify your statement of "most" of the population of the world believe in a higher power? Actually, what is your native language? I speak a few - perhaps I can understand it in its native form..?

Its too tricky and I would mistrust your translation if not a bonafide scholar.

vhb:You have a very strange idea regarding the humans faith in a higher being that runs across (is the basis) for all of mans great religions. Obviously you are an Atheist and think your numbers are larger than what they are.

noonebutme: Yes I am an atheist and no I do not assume my "numbers" are larger than what they are -- I'm merely asking YOU to qualify your statement that most of the world believes in a higher power.

To start with, define : most -- is that 60% ? 70%? 90%? 95% ? What is "most" ? To me, "most", when referring to the context of your statement, is 90% or higher.

Actually (with this argument) 'most' would be the majority or 51%.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join