It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

single Mom Leaves Kids in Food Court to Go on Interview Nearby, Gets Arrested for Abandoning Them

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: alienjuggalo

And there's an enormous difference between 30 yards in one's house and 30 yards in a mall in the middle of the day.

Ignoring that is just plain ignorant.

As for your "home to first" comment: Billy Hamilton of the Reds made it from home to first in 3.3 seconds and word is that's probably a record. Mickey Mantle supposedly did it in 3.1. So yea, professional athletes who are laying down drag bunts and know what they're doing before they do it can't run 30 yards in 3 seconds. You wanna try that again when it comes to a mother in an interview in the middle of a mall?

oh dang my bad.. 5 seconds. and never underestimate how fast a mother will run chasing after her kidnapped kids.
edit on 22-7-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6how long would it take for a mother in the bathroom shower to get to the bedroom of her son or daughter?? and well even if she decided to take a shower in the middle of the night, the child might wake up.. so are you saying that single moms should have to hire a sitter everyday to be able to take a shower.
and well, I imagine that a person in a shower might hear less what is going on out in the world than she might have been able to in the interview.
but my point is, people will do what they have to do! you personally don't like what they are doing? well, what can I say, you can either offer to help those around you so they don't have to make such unpleasant choices, or you can gripe and moan about the people when they act on their own.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

She might of been irresponsible..at least she can change..be careful when you jump off your high horse.
Cheers
edit on 22-7-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Lol way to take what I said, add some terrific spin, a dash of hyperbole, and then claim that it's what I said.

Fail.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I don't. And I don't underestimate how fast a child predator can move when they want to. Perhaps you should do the same.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

just pointing out that well, people sometimes tend to expect a bit too much from moms, and well, alot less was expected of them a half century ago.
and well I happen to know for a fact that kids can do some stupid things while mom is two feet away from them and get hurt rather badly.
you can just do what you have to and hope for the best!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This is a result of the progressive nanny state. I don't even leave my son in the car to run into a store to take a leak because god forbid someone see the kid in the car and call the cops.

We have a family friend who had to return something to a store. He left his infant son in the car about 10 minutes or so. It was a nice fall day, so no danger of the car overheating. Also, the kid was sleep and he didn't want to wake him. You can guess what happened next. Someone called the cops and he got arrested.

My dad used to moonlight as a cop at a shopping mall. He would take me to the mall with him when he was working. I was like 7 or 8 years old. I pretty much ran through the mall unsupervised. He had no clue where I was. Then again, I grew up in an era where I played outside by myself when I was five or six years old. No cell phone. Parents had no clue where I was then either. I also rode a skateboard and bike with no helmets and pads. Shot BB guns.

God forbid if we have to go to war again like in WWII. These milk toast kids we are raising nowadays wouldn't last one day.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I don't. And I don't underestimate how fast a child predator can move when they want to. Perhaps you should do the same.

30 yards is just not that far. Kids in kindergarten are 30 yards or more from any adult on a damm playground and the 2 adults that are there are supposed to watch 25 kids. so child predator could snatch a kid up easily and run.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

And there's an enormous difference between 30 yards in one's house and 30 yards in a mall in the middle of the day.

Ignoring that is just plain ignorant.

As for your "home to first" comment: Billy Hamilton of the Reds made it from home to first in 3.3 seconds and word is that's probably a record. Mickey Mantle supposedly did it in 3.1. So yea, professional athletes who are laying down drag bunts and know what they're doing before they do it can't run 30 yards in 3 seconds. You wanna try that again when it comes to a mother in an interview in the middle of a mall?

oh dang my bad.. 5 seconds. and never underestimate how fast a mother will run chasing after her kidnapped kids.

Can't run faster than sprinting. A mother would run no faster than she normally could.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

originally posted by: queenofswords
Wouldn't it have been nice if there was a program in place where someone required to do volunteer work to earn a portion of their welfare could volunteer to babysit for others who are trying to find work?

In our town there are at least three churches that run daycare centers. They provide free daycare (up to 4 hours) for people needing to go to job interviews. Unless they are running at capacity, they even take drop-ins. Even if they are running full, they usually have people they can call who will care for the children.
Social services has pamphlets with the info printed up about how to take advantage of this service.

I forgot about the churches. There are some that have something called "Mother's Day Out" where you can drop your kids there for a few hours once a week free of charge. The big Methodist Church near here even has a sign out front with the times and info.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Good grief, no excuse to ever leave a 2 yro and a 6 yro, let alone in public, she had to take her eyes off of them for the interview otherwise she would have simply brought the infant and young child with her.

weird, just not a good situation.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

ya know I was walking home from kindergarten alot at five years of age, by seven I was going outside with my friends, walking to the library, buying sodas at the nearby diner, buying cigs at the nearby bar for my mom....

it's a shame that it's such a dangerous world out there because well I think kids pick up alot of simple common sense when they are allowed to explore in a semi-safe environment independently.
did I get hurt, oh ya..
did I get into a little bit of trouble, oh ya...
heck I was even molested once at that young age, but that wasn't out playing, it was while being babysat by a famiiy friend.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

She might of been irresponsible..at least she can change..be careful when you jump off your high horse.
Cheers

Thanks for the warning. I will.

I'll also have a job and savings before I have kids and will have a babysitter when going on a job interview.

Good looking out.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Lol you're so ludicrously ignorant about this man.

My kids school, you walk on the property or in the building without a name tag on they're on the radio and the school resource officer is coming to have a chat with you. There are extra teachers outside during recess time for that very reason: so there are as many eyes as there can be outside at all times.

No school that my children have attended could anybody get on the playground to snatch a kid without being seen before they even got close to a child, let alone snatching one up and running.

Stop comparing apples and oranges. It's not working.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

It is a shame the world is what it is.

But the world IS what it is. Not acting accordingly isn't going to change that.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

Cheers

I'll also have a job and savings before I have kids and will have a babysitter when going on a job interview.

Good looking out.

So in other words you have absolutely no idea what its like to raise children. Way to point and judge from a place without the first clue.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: MoreBeer

Cheers

Good looking out.

So in other words you have absolutely no idea what its like to raise children. Way to point and judge from a place without the first clue.

Unless I've already had a couple.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

What? Are you effing kidding me???? THere is only a fence at most schools playgrounds I drive by them all the time kids at least 100 yard from any adult and right by the fence right by a main road.. I have raised 2 children and have a 4 month old grandchild so please dont call me ignorant on the subject.

Just because your school makes you do that does not mean all or even most public schools do. Jesus man how the hell do people get in there with automatic weapons? But they couldnt snatch a kid.

I believe you are ignorant and scared of the world..

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

if they were like my parents were, they did, believe me... they had narcs all over the city watching out for me.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I wouldn't want you to get hurt..it's a long drop.

You know something of this woman's employment history?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join