It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

single Mom Leaves Kids in Food Court to Go on Interview Nearby, Gets Arrested for Abandoning Them

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Why is she the only one making statements to the media - do the police have nothing to say?
She says - she was "only 30 yards away".
In a busy mall you can lose your kids 10 feet away.
You can't see them or hear them over the din in those malls.
Again she said they were never out of her sight.

When she returned to pick them up, she found police officers waiting to arrest her.

They cops were WAITING.
She didn't see them approach her children then.
She's lying.
You don't leave a 6 year old in charge of any younger sibling.
Period.

Should have got a babysitter of some kind.
No sympathy from me, I raised my kids already.

Which mall? What time of day? Were you there?

Not sure if you know this, but some welfare cash assistance programs (maybe all) require that you attend all job interviews offered within a certain distance from your home. If you can;t get a sitter, you could lose the next $1 you get when you only have $1.

The cops waited until she finished the interview? I don;t know, I was not there.
edit on 21-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Get job first, THEN get pregnant twice. She's got those all out of order. There was no one she could have gotten to watch these kids?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Thank you progressive nanny state!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I don't care if your house is burning down.
You don't leave young children unattended.
Read carefully where it says "when she returned"
You can only return if you "left"
Therefore she "left" her kids.

edit on 21-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
Get job first, THEN get pregnant twice. She's got those all out of order. There was no one she could have gotten to watch these kids?

Apparently not. Thanks for your logic lesson, but it fails. Maybe she was married befiore. Maybe a contraceptive failed. Maybe she had a business that failed.

You certainly assume a lot, and not in a nice way.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

In a food court , from 30 feet away. I can return from the door to the room I am in, I am still returning.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Thank you progressive nanny state!

I am progressive, but this is NOT progressive. Some people use it like it is a dirty word. Let's all make progress, OK?

Progressive is not authoritarian. Not to burst your bubble on FOX talking points, but it is not.

Like PC is generally being non offensive, for all. Not an agenda to take down the world.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

In a food court , from 30 feet away. I can return from the door to the room I am in, I am still returning.

That's great but she said she was "30 yards".
That's 1/3 of a football field.
Ever been in a mall where you go 30 yards without several kiosks, planters, staircases, advertisements getting in the way not to mention all the people milling about.
No way you could be watching 2 children sitting unobstructed unless you were above them on a balcony.
This is just a bad try at a sympathy story where the mother made a mistake in leaving her kids.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Really? you never met a single parent out of work..could be a million reasons for being in that predicament through no fault of one's own.
I wasn't there but I think it could be reasonable to say her judgement was not the best but I do sympathize with her..not like she left the kids in the car while at the bar though.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Ever been in a mall where you go 30 yards without several kiosks, planters, staircases, advertisements getting in the way not to mention all the people milling about.
No way you could be watching 2 children sitting unobstructed unless you were above them on a balcony.
This is just a bad try at a sympathy story where the mother made a mistake in leaving her kids.

I see it in the article, but not as a quote. I don;t see her sourced as saying 30 yards anywhere.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
if the kids were out of her sight, they were out of her care.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It's a longer distance than I would be comfortable with..still I sympathize with her situation.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I see it in the article, but not as a quote. I don;t see her sourced as saying 30 yards anywhere.

Browder let her 2-year-old son and 6-year-old daughter sit in front of the McDonald's at the food court while she went on the interview, which she later said in a statement was not more than 30 yards away.

First paragraph.. I did not watch the video, just read the link.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

This was very unfortunate this happened. I had a interview with a very great company with lots of career growth. I am a college student and mother of two. I would never put my name, background or children in harms way intentionally.

I have a promising future ahead of me regardless of what the media tries to portray me as. A judge released my children to me knowing that I was a good mother who just made a not so smart decision.

My children weren't even 30 yards away from me, I fed them and sat there with them until it was time to meet with my interviewer. This too will pass and I am not concerned with outsiders have to say or what they think.

She made a mistake. I don't even know that she is a welfare mom. Evidently the judge didn't think she was a bad mother because he released the kids back to her. She learned a lesson, I'm sure...glad it wasn't a tragic lesson.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

"Wouldn't it have been nice if there was a program in place where someone required to do volunteer work to earn a portion of their welfare could volunteer to babysit for others who are trying to find work?"

I see what you did there. Drinks on me
edit on 21-7-2015 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2015 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I've seen well-to-do parents leave their equally young children at the play area at our closest mall. You know the kind, no attendants, just a bunch of small kids left to play while mom & dad shop Vera Wang or Sephora while maybe 2 or 3 parents actually sit in the seating area and watch them. Many times, however, I've seen one adult, sometimes even zero, watching over 20 or more little kids going ape on the play equipment. One person.

That seems perfectly acceptable for the cushier people to do in the upscale malls while they blow through money. But god forbid someone try to get a job and keep their kids seated within the line of sight. From my garage to the edge of my back yard is 100 feet, I can clearly see my kids no problemo. They've gotten that far ahead of us at the mall taking off to their favorite stores in excitement, we can still see them easily. 30 yards (90 FEET for the mathematically challenged) isn't that far. From the mall play area to nearby store, about 50-60 feet. And this lady is lambasted as irresponsible? Only if the clothing is not Gucci, it seems. Why is this socially acceptable for the wealthy to do, leaving young kids unsupervised on the opposite end of a mall to shop for luxury goods, but it's not for someone trying to obtain work?
edit on 7/21/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

This was very unfortunate this happened. I had a interview with a very great company with lots of career growth. I am a college student and mother of two. I would never put my name, background or children in harms way intentionally.

I have a promising future ahead of me regardless of what the media tries to portray me as. A judge released my children to me knowing that I was a good mother who just made a not so smart decision.

My children weren't even 30 yards away from me, I fed them and sat there with them until it was time to meet with my interviewer. This too will pass and I am not concerned with outsiders have to say or what they think.

She made a mistake. I don't even know that she is a welfare mom. Evidently the judge didn't think she was a bad mother because he released the kids back to her. She learned a lesson, I'm sure...glad it wasn't a tragic lesson.

I can;t guess 30 yards accurately and she said 'not even'.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I've seen well-to-do parents leave their equally young children at the play area at our closest mall. You know the kind, no attendants, just a bunch of small kids left to play while mom & dad shop Vera Wang or Sephora while maybe 2 or 3 parents actually sit in the seating area and watch them. Many times, however, I've seen one adult, sometimes even zero, watching over 20 or more little kids going ape on the play equipment. One person.

That seems perfectly acceptable for the cushier people to do in the upscale malls while they blow through money. But god forbid someone try to get a job and keep their kids seated within the line of sight. From my garage to the edge of my back yard is 100 feet, I can clearly see my kids no problemo. They've gotten that far ahead of us at the mall taking off to their favorite stores in excitement, we can still see them easily. 30 yards (90 FEET for the mathematically challenged) isn't that far. From the mall play area to nearby store, about 50-60 feet. And this lady is lambasted as irresponsible? Only if the clothing is not Gucci, it seems. Why is this socially acceptable for the wealthy to do, leaving young kids unsupervised on the opposite end of a mall to shop for luxury goods, but it's not for someone trying to obtain work?

Absolutely. Hammer hits nail.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I actually don't think she made a mistake. The Galleria in my area doesn't have planters and garbage cans willy nilly, they are usually in lines at intervals. I could sit in the center of the food court and see the food establishment across clearly and I am nearsighted.

The court agreed, kids released to her. Again, if I saw something like that, and was concerned, I might walk by and say "where's mommy?" The 6 yr old would point at her. Case closed.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
a reply to: queenofswords

"Wouldn't it have been nice if there was a program in place where someone required to do volunteer work to earn a portion of their welfare could volunteer to babysit for others who are trying to find work?"

I see what you did there. Drinks on me

Maybe...again...some people required to do volunteer work are criminals. If they are required to do so for welfare, they can;t look for work....that is a big circle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join