It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kinetic strike

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel
a reply to: Bedlam

I think it's the 00's term for "aerial bombardment."

Usually it's used when you're talking about sending a bunch of Rangers in and shooting up the place with a fast attack. Although you more often see the phrase "kinetic action" used.

Speaking of south pacific accidents, that, uh, Light From God, on the other hand.... sounds like it's the business, tom?

Hm. Why, whatever are you speaking of?

A question: could you modulate an audio signal on it? Would it couple atmospherically? And if it did, what might you say? What would it sound like?

I wouldn't think so. However, we've had fieldable talking plasma blooms since the early 80s.
edit on 26-7-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Kinetic energy weapons except for handheld ones are simply a politically correct term to define a nuclear strike.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
Lawn darts from space!

Oddly enough I just ran across the "Lazy dog" bomb used in Vietnam. They were also called "lawn Darts". They were 1.75 inches long and .05 inches in diameter. They were basically small steel darts dropped from the air. They could fit thousands of them in a container and drop them over enemy formations in the jungle. Tests done said they had the force of a .50 caliber bullet and could penetrate 24 inches of packed sand. They were a true kinetic weapon.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Only if you drop it from space.
But knowing the U.S. Air Force it would probably cost $1.2 Billion to drop a $10.50 hammer from Ace hardware.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
One thing that could be classed as a Kinetic strike.

France and the UK have used 250 lb GBU-39 laser guided bombs filled with concrete to take out tanks in heavy populated areas where they did not want Collateral damage.

I under stand the US has contracted for solid steel bombs for the same purpose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join