It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dominate this Life

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

that is one hell of a reply

here some more * * * * * * * * * *

i will paste it read through it bit by bit

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Reincarnation is an unproven myth.

...uhm, isn't that what makes it a myth?

*Contemplate the "unproven" part and the meaning of the word "myth". Let it marinate.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Thank you, my friend.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
How do you know your mission? What if you become so lost you have no idea why you are here or what you want to do. One can be talented at so many things yet fail because they don't "finish" and decide to move on. Or that they know exactly what they want yet one doesn't know the necessary steps to get there?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I don't really subscribe to Karma the way most people do...

Karma was used as a tool to keep the "untouchable" poor class in India from rebelling and hating the wealthy. It basically made them responsible for being born into a poor life, in miserable conditions...they must have been bad in a past life!

It also made the poor people passive and non-violent, due to the worry of accumulating more "bad" karma.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

I don't have any real belief concerning an after life, or reincarnation. But Having read many people's accounts of it, either through NDE or hypnosis, I find the idea of a life review helpful to me now.

I try to imagine- if I get the possibility to see this situation, from all angles and perspectives later, to feel what the other feels, to experience what kinds of effects I had on others, what will I see?

It is surprising what that evokes in me, as I put myself in an objective view that way for a moment. I do it without moral judgement- just a neutral type of look at "what is" without thought of "what should be". Even in times when I am in a conflict with someone, that I currently feel is being a real asshat, this causes me to rise above (or below, whatever it may be) to consider what they are feeling inside, why they are being as they are, and how I am effecting that.

It helps me to find solutions and better, more effective, actions to take, that will be more likely to be beneficial to both.

I'm kinda pragmatic that way- whether or not a belief system is "true" or not is less important than if it can be a useful tool for living in the now.
edit on 22-7-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I don't have any real belief concerning an after life, or reincarnation. But Having read many people's accounts of it, either through NDE or hypnosis, I find the idea of a life review helpful to me now.

I really admire your willingness to entertain ideas without fully accepting it. It is a sign of an intelligent mind.

I try to imagine- if I get the possibility to see this situation, from all angles and perspectives later, to feel what the other feels, to experience what kinds of effects I had on others, what will I see?

It is surprising what that evokes in me, as I put myself in an objective view that way for a moment. I do it without moral judgement- just a neutral type of look at "what is" without thought of "what should be". Even in times when I am in a conflict with someone, that I currently feel is being a real asshat, this causes me to rise above (or below, whatever it may be) to consider what they are feeling inside, why they are being as they are, and how I am effecting that.

It helps me to find solutions and better, more effective, actions to take, that will be more likely to be beneficial to both.

I'm kinda pragmatic that way- whether or not a belief system is "true" or not is less important than if it can be a useful tool for living in the now.

That was lovely to read. Thank you. You possess empathy.

Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathize with humans whose experiences we have never shared.“ - J.K. Rowling

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist
a reply to: gosseyn

Reincarnation is an unproven myth.

...uhm, isn't that what makes it a myth?

*Contemplate the "unproven" part and the meaning of the word "myth". Let it marinate.

Some myths can be proven true at some point, in totality or partially. And I used the word "myth" to emphasize the fact that reincarnation is a thousands years old story.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
I am perfecting and polishing my great work as an elegant layabout.. I am dominating nothing. I surf the cosmic wave. Hang Loose.

Silver Surfer Lebowski

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

This is a fantastic response, thanks again for contributing.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Trachel
"All men's miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone." - Blaise Pascal.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

So you would be ok being in Outer Darkness away from The Light of The Glory of God?

If God said the purpose of our existence is to Love others and not doing that causes misery, are you still saying we don't exist and there is no on doing "The Now"?

edit on 27-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

If God said the purpose of our existence is to Love others and not doing that causes misery, are you still saying we don't exist and there is no on doing "The Now"?

If God said??
God does not say anything - God is the witnessing presence.

God is seeing and knowing what is presently arising.

There is only the present - there is nothing separate in presence.
It is only when time is imagined that separate things seem to appear. Time is imagined in presence - presence is divided into before and after. Satan was cast out of presence.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Not to throw off your thread but only to add another perspective. It is stated in the bible that there was a being that was created perfect...as such they were at the top of any metaphorical "ladder" of performance that may be ascended. What would this beings final incarnation look like ?
edit on 27-7-2015 by HarryJoy because: correct wording

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
Not to throw off your thread but only to add another perspective. It is stated in the bible that there was a being that was created perfect...as such they were at the top of any "ladder" of performance that may metaphorically be ascended. What would this beings final incarnation look like ?

It looks just like this.
This moment is being - the one and only being.
No one can see the perfectness of life because the individual (the divided one) seeks other - it seeks in time and place for perfection.
There is no 'final' being - being is being everything eternally. There is no end point - being is an endless river.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Ok, I'll say this in another way.

If God is the witnessing presence, then if there is some one going out to hurt others and cause pain on many then they are hurting God too, because God's presence in the now is witnessing all of that pain, right?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Ok, I'll say this in another way.

If God is the witnessing presence, then if there is some one going out to hurt others and cause pain on many then they are hurting God too, because God's presence in the now is witnessing all of that pain, right?

God goes to the cinema to watch a movie and sees whatever appears on the screen - he is not troubled by what appears in the movie because it makes no difference - he cannot change the movie - it just a movie.

edit on 27-7-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Is a cat hurting 'God' when it plays with a mouse until it does not move anymore?
edit on 27-7-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

So nihilism is the truth? There is no purpose to life? Tormenting others is just as ok as being kind and helping others?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

So nihilism is the truth? There is no purpose to life? Tormenting others is just as ok as being kind and helping others?

In the play of light - this movie called existence - tormenting and helping happen but no one is choosing to do any of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join