It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE Battleground

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Will they Benoit him and scrub him from classic PPV DVDs and WWE Network replays, as well?

Sorry, this is asinine. Booker T had that classic flub during a promo: "Hulk Hogan, we comin' for you, N***a!" and said afterward he apologized to Hogan about and Hogan laughed it off. Apparently 'n***a' is common in wrestling lockerooms and not viewed by black wrestlers as being a problem. I have to wonder in this case whether it is African Americans who are driving it, or pathetic white people continually trying to shame and destroy those who dare break protocol and use banned words.
edit on 24-7-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's like pulling Elvis out of the rock n roll hall of fame ...
I think we can expect some reaction from John Stewart on that one.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wish them luck getting Hogan completely scrubbed from the halls of WWE and the rest of the alphabet headers. This seems pretty drastic. There must be more too this that we aren't hearing about yet. I mean for the moment it is like he's already been proven guilty without any due process for lack of better way to put it.

I like the reference of similar to pulling Elvis...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
You know, I've now read the transcript of this secretly taped "pillow talk" between Hogan and Bubba the Love Sponge's wife (:meh

America's priorities are so skewed that it's insane. Hogan dropped n-bombs... allow me to break protocol and say "so flippin' what?" That doesn't make someone a bad person. He basically is talking about his daughter and how he doesn't care who she's dating, black, white, or other, as long as they're a good person. He didn't feel her then date was a good person. I'll go right ahead and say it is ridiculous that America has gone from open usage of a word in mixed company to any documented use of the same word being met with mock outrage and feigned shock in the course of 15 years. Fabricate self-righteousness much, do we?

Hogan's far from the pedestal he was placed on, but as far as I'm concerned, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the silly argument of whether he is or isn't a racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join