It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you think cutting edge science will take us?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
There have always been grand visions of the future and it will entail. Some have been fairly accurate, others completely wrong. And some things that were incidental to the narrative have been realized as well, like wireless phones, automatic doors, microwave ovens, touch screens, etc. What is your vision of future technology, and how do you think it will shape society? From physics, to medicine, energy production, food science, transportation, even advances in house paint, we are always striving to improve the things we make. And to understand the most fundamental aspects of the world we live in.
What do you think we will have 50 years from now? How will we get around from place to place in 100?
The time frame is irrelevant, really. But what do you think scientific and technological advancements will acheive? Where will it take us?
I'm guessing Cleveland.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
hopefully to freedom from drudgery, oppression, poverty, famine and war. i won't be holding my breath but i'll have my fingers crossed.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

Science can and does forward the Human Race
Also the opposite can be true
The deciding factor is the intention behind how science is used / applied

Science has the potential to fulfil all of Humanity's needs but Humanity is plagued by base emotions
When War and poverty are a shadow of the past then science can flourish and benefit all
It is Humanity itself which holds Humanity back

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy I am sorry if this doesn't sound lofty, but I would like less expensive and better VR. I am not saying to spend all the time in VR games, just the same amount of time I spend on Wartune or here.

I also like the idea of a virtual touchscreen in the air that wakes me up, tells me my appointments, maybe reminds me to do yoga and other notes. Can already get a virtual KB that projects on a hard surface cheap. I would like this tech more advanced and available.

I also thin k 3d printing will have fantastic advantages, to even building an entire nice house for those who had no access before.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well, sooner than I would probably like, I'll be dead. That means the portion of the holographic universe that I'm observing will no longer be observed, and therefore vanish. Remove one tiny piece of the universe, and it all collapses. You'll all be gone (actually never existed), as far as I'm concerned. Sorry.

However, assuming the unlikely scenario that the universe will continue to exist after I'm gone, in less than 500 years it will be either destroyed or incorporated into an infinite EM field of some kind. Basically destroyed either way.

So enjoy it while it lasts.

edit on 21-7-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Eventually we will become space dwelling aliens without sex organs. After millions of years of space travel. We will travel back into the past to visit the earth in which we came, to take a look at our primitive selves mucking about on earth without a care in the world. We will periodically study our former selves until the collapse of the universe where by we will inadvertently skip to a parallel space time where by we will be destroyed. However in this process we create a big bang which triggers the creation of a new universe. Several billion years later the process repeats.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
cyborg avatars.

You will exist separately from the robust physical interactions you undertake.

Human lazyiness will eventually automate physical movement.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
What i want cutting edge science to do next:
I would like to have a HUD implant in my retina that connects to my thoughts. I would think of something i want to know, then the HUD in my eye would display the answer. Or i could look at an object and the HUD would tell me what it was.

An early adaptation could be :
Instead of it being an implant, it could be like a contact lens, a small computer screen that fits on your eye ball.
And clearly it would need to be WiFi

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Maybe we will get holographic phone displays and cancer eating nanobots,But who cares?-
Cutting edge science will be used as it always has been.
Governments will use it to further tighten their control systems upon the people.
Military will use it to further their knowledge of how to make holes in,or annihilate the human body.

And the scientists will still think they have discovered or invented something which could make life better,only to see that discovery perverted by greedy control freaks..

Sorry for being realistic.
Science is essentially human curiosity,which is great.
The problem has always been what those corrupted by power choose to do with the science.

If science could change that,we may begin to progress.
Not holding my breath.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
One thing I would like to see happen sooner than later the ability to use our smartphones for health related test results. To be able to install a health app that will provide a wide variety of results from a a small blood sample from a finger. There will need to be a devise that hooks up to the smartphone. This devise will take the blood sample and be able to provide the following results:
Cholesterol, Liver, Sugar, Heart Rate, Oxygen level, and the other organs in the body. Also be able to pick up markers that might indicate an issue. Basically the same results we get today when we get a physical. You will be able to read the results on the smartphone app showing results against the norm's.

This of course can be done at anytime and anywhere. You will be able to send the information to your family doctor so he has a record and keep it in a database.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I would like to see the establishment of a World Medical Database with all our medical records in it.
Each time we update our personal medical record the database is updated. This database can be accessed, via a authorization protocol, from emergency rooms, hospitals, doctors, even cruise ships. Included in this database should be records from colds to operations to physicals.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift enjoy it while it lasts.

excellent advice and i couldn't agree more

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I would like to have the ability to have access to wifi anywhere and anytime. Even driving through the desert, riding in a boat 90 miles offshore, or flying in a private plane.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Quite honestly I hope that we can fall back into line with nature and do everything in a kind of permaculture fashion. That means using clean and sustainable energy to power our technology and industry. I would like every human on the earth to be have a decent home, a sense of purpose, to be free of war and disease. I am hoping science can do this for us. It has already achieved so much in these areas. Nothing fancy, just real benefits for the human experience.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Do you have any specific ideas of what we should expect to see in terms of technology?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I wouldn't mind that either.

link   
I want to be able to go grocery, clothing, etc. shopping. Scan each item on my smartphone, pay for the items via my smartphone; my money would be deducted from my checking account and paid to the store. I want to walk out the door without ever seeing a check out counter.

link   
I want an army of nanobots inside me that fix and prevent any medical issues!

I shall be immortal!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Looking at kids nowdays we are going to a future like "WALL-E"...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Hmm, let me know if you need the name of a good doctor. If you're right, you need to hang around as long as possible. The Universe simply can't end before DiCaprio wins an Oscar, and it doesn't look like the Fates are in a hurry to help him out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join