It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Pope Francis just describe the Devil and Reptilians as the same thing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

(CNN) Pope Francis seems to be obsessed with the devil. His tweets and homilies about the devil, Satan, the Accuser, the Evil One, the Father of Lies, the Ancient Serpent, the Tempter, the Seducer, the Great Dragon, the Enemy and just plain "demon" are now legion.

Source:

edition.cnn.com...]CNN

The serpent occurs in both the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament. The symbol of a serpent or snake played important roles in religious and cultural life of ancient Egypt, Canaan, Mesopotamia and Greece. The serpent was a symbol of evil power.

When you look at ancient depictions of the serpent they were not long slender snake like creatures but - lizards, dragons or reptilian humanoids.

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Stokesay_Castle_%285738185218%29.jpg

A 17th-century carved depiction of serpent in the Book of Genesis, at Stokesay Castle

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Kilpeck_Details_of_Door_Arch.jpg

Ouroboros, single and in pairs at SS Mary and David's Church, England

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Ivory_from_Genoels-Elderen_left.JPG

Ivory of Christ treading on the beasts from Genoels-Elderen, with four beasts.

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Imam_Ali_and_the_Jinn.jpg

From islam, Imam Ali Conquers Jinn, Ahsan-ol-Kobar

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Idris_the_prophet.jpg

Prophet Idris(the third prophet in Islam) visits Heaven (Paradise) and Hell, Persian miniature

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Kitab_al-Bulhan_---_devils_talking.jpg

The black king of the djinns, Al-Malik al-Aswad, in the late 14th century Book of Wonders

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Kitab_al-Bulhan_--_devil.jpg

page from 14th/15th-century manuscript Kitab al-Bulhan or Book of Wonders

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Kitab_al-Bulhan_--_devils.jpg

Tabia - female demon

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Kitab_al-Bulhan_---_human_figure_and_devils.jpg

Šamhūraš or Shamhurish, the demon king of Thursday

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Naga182.JPG

A Hindu Hoysala sculpture of a naga (taking the form of a very great snake—specifically the king cobra) couple in Halebidu.

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Nagtemple.JPG

Hindu Nag temple at Baba Dhansar, Reasi district, Jammu & Kashmir - Note the Reptilian Alien Eyes.

upload.wikimedia.org...

Naga at the steps of a building in the Wat Phra Kaew in Bangkok

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Laonaga.jpg

Naga guarding Anouvong's Wat Sisaket in Vientiane, Java

upload.wikimedia.org...

Longwang - The Dragon King is a deity in Chinese mythology.

www.manitouj.com...

Commemorating the Year of the Dragon 2012, this piece is hand-crafted with 66,219 crystals, using Swarovski's Pointiage® technique.
Swarovski Crystal Myriad

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Zeus_Typhon_Staatliche_Antikensammlungen_596.jpg

Zeus throwing his thunderbolt at Typhon, Chalcidian black-figured hydria, c. 550 BC, Staatliche Antikensammlungen

edit on 21-7-2015 by Magzoid because: format

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
No because reptilians only exist on the TV show V.

Satan first appeared in the bible as a walking snake. All the imagery the Pope is using is standard bible talk for various descriptions of the devil.

The devil = no set physical form = Evil incarnate.

That is all.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Magzoid I feel bad to say this, because your post took a long time. But I don't think the Pope is talking about reptilian aliens. I can't tell you they don't exist, but I don;t think he means that.

What your sourced material tells me though, is that ancient people may have seen such creatures. I have never doubted that. I have never doubted that ancient people may have witnessed things one might call miracles. They saw more supernatural/alien things and not necessarily because they could not explain something natural each and every time.

edit on 21-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

There is absolutely no way that you could know that. We have no idea what beings on other populated planets look like.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Magzoid

Satan = Serpent,
Does not mean All Serpents = Satan

Seraphim, The Burning Ones, according to the Bible are the angels closest to God's throne and they appear as Serpents with wings and look like they are on fire.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I find it interesting that the CNN journalist in your quote above list the Pope's homilies and tweets as "Legion". Another name for Satan. Likely tongue in cheek but who knows. Just spitballin' here, and found it curious. This Pope has always kind of looked reptilian or evil to me, maybe he is the Devil.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I find it odd that no mention(as far as I can remember) prior to the last decade or so was made by the Vatican as to ETs, ufos and the like. It seems to me that this discussion has become a priority with the Vatican, addressing possible disclosure and contact, and have a hunch another announcement will be made during or shortly after the Pontiff's visit in America, specifically with BHO.

Why does the Pope broach this topic repeatedly, positioning the Vatican to be the target of derisive feedback? Is it a distraction form the serious problems of clergy child abuse scandals, murky financial doings, or other blights they are soon to face? I keep coming back to the standard Bayesian solution to Hempel's Paradox in the supposed knowledge of the Vatican when it comes to the ET discussion.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I prefer to understand that is a metaphor for the two brains, the small reptilian brain and the larger mammalian brain we all seem to have in common.

The little guy is primitive and controls fight or flight, and needs to be contained by the other in order to bring harmony. It is also known by that religion to be called "killing the old man".

Most religions allude to the same thing, it's also in general phycology/sociology.

There are many paths to feeling in harmony with this existence on a continual basis, with real world results.

All roads eventually lead to one path however, the truth.

I find it more amusing that even forcing a smile for an extended period of time will make a person feel better and think clearer.....

My simple opinion is if there is a God, then it is reality and simply that without all the over think.

Cheers
edit on 21-7-2015 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2015 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2015 by Treespeaker because: Ok so the spell checker keeps wanting to incorrect what I have to fix lol good fun.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Satan = Serpent,
Does not mean All Serpents = Satan

Seraphim, The Burning Ones, according to the Bible are the angels closest to God's throne and they appear as Serpents with wings and look like they are on fire.

And Satan was an angel who rebelled against God, one of the mightiest, and a third of the host went with him. Some of his henchmen will be reptilian. Nowhere is it said they changed form when they fell as far as I know.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

The reptilian the OP speaks of are a David Icke invention and are a fallacy. Neither Queen Elizabeth nor Bill Clinton are lizard people.

I concede however that life on other planets could take many forms.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I guess my only comment is why would anyone care what the Pope says anyway; what does it change?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Hi there!

List of creation myths

If you look on this Wikipedia entry it lists a whole bunch of creation myths from all over the world. There are an amazing amount. Genesis is just one of those and nowhere near as old as some quite possibly. The talking serpent in Genesis is quite a usual kind of supernatural occurrence as found in many other myths, such as talking spiders, etc. It makes about as much common sense in the cold daylight of modern analysis as the other myths, too. I'm sorry, but I can't accept a talking serpent who is the ultimate evil and somehow over the space of a few thousand years turned into a goat like being with horns. The description of the mythological evil one, who we project all our bad feeling on (such behaviour as that expressed by the Muslims where they have a festival at Mecca throwing stones at the pillar which represents Satan) changes at the whim of the culture. Even between Judaism and Christianity there is no agreement as to what this being is. The Muslims differ in perspective yet again.

The Pope is just saying the usual Christian thing of Satan being the ultimate evil and all that. To me this mythological being is just a projection imagined by us humans when we didn't know any better. If the Pope and Catholics want to view the world in this way well that's ok, but to me it is a myth. It has no scientific or real basis. Humans made it up in a story to explain the actions of people like they did with all their other made up stories.

On a final note I am very reluctant to take seriously any institution that can boast the slaughter and genocide of millions of fellow Christians across Europe because they happened to be the wrong denomination or wanted the Bible printed in their own language so they could read it for themselves; the burning of millions, yes millions of women across Europe; being bed fellows with Hitler and turning a blind eye and condoning his policies; institutionalised child abuse by its priests on a massive scale all over the world wherever this institution is based. These are facts of history and are the actions of the institution the Pope is head of.

Well Popey carry on with the projection of everything evil onto a snake. I'll stick with other more rational explanations that don't cause quite so much human collateral damage and reflect modern understanding. I guess what more could we really expect from an institution that believes in evil snakes. It was bound to end in tears...but not mine.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Satan simply means adversary. The Serpent in Eden is probably a mistranslation of a play on words. A better translation would be shining one. The Hebrew nechesh is used and/or related to snake, bright, polished copper.

Seraphim means literally fiery flying serpent.

I don't think the adversary is a ' fallen angel' rather a personification of evil. Again angel is misunderstood, it means messenger. Spirits come in various forms. Some good, some not. I'm not convinced the bad started out good - or at least chose to be bad, but rather my read is there is God alone, who grants power to man, made in his image. That's it.
edit on 21-7-2015 by countryboylife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Magzoid

Longwang - The Dragon King is a deity in Chinese mythology.

John Holmes, is that you?
edit on 21-7-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Satan first appeared in the bible as a walking snake. All the imagery the Pope is using is standard bible talk for various descriptions of the devil.

The devil = no set physical form = Evil incarnate.

That is all.

Ya think? I am wondering how you know any of this. Do you have some kind of omnipresence that gives insight into the source and origin of all things? I don't think you do. There is no such thing as "the devil" or evil incarnate for that matter, except in fiction. People do evil things but they were all innocent babes once. Fabrication, all of it.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

The first depictions of Reptilian Gods, Demons and ET's originated in Babylon, Ancient African Mythology and Pre-Sanskrit.

If people do an ounce of research instead of listening to the Youtube propaganda on David Icke they will find out that this is what he based his reptilian research and theories on, ancient hieroglyphs and manuscripts, and that the elite are not reptilian shape shifters but still worship these entities today in secret societies around the world.

Quit parroting the MSM and research it for yourself.
edit on 21-7-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Okay, you're going down the ancient aliens path now.
I've seen the shows and they do raise some interesting questions. There are many mysteries about the human past. It seems as if we have collectively forgotten a stage in our history where life was quite advanced.

Question for you though. If these beings roamed the earth , where are there remains? We've got dinosaur skeletons, plenty of early human remains but absolutely no skeletons that resemble these creatures. If they lived here among us, they surely died and were buried too.

Animals were often worshipped in antiquity. The annunaki statues could be nothing more than a priest in costume.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Has anyone thought a Cherubim a Sr-71 black bird?

No...Dibs.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Actually serpents were a symbol of
wisdom and life for thousands of
years before any of the modern
derivative religions were cooked
up.

New religions generally trash the
symbols of the conquered ones.

It's just another form of the Victor
falsely rewriting the history
books.

Kev

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Longwang

Hey thats my AOL chatroom username from 1995... when I was 14.. wtf?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join