It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman rescues toddler trapped inside hot car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
How many times have we read a headline similar to this!? And read a story similar to this...

Oropeza and a group of of on-lookers frantically searched for a way to break into the car. After three minutes of bashing away with a screwdriver another woman gave Oropeza a trailer hitch to toss through the window.

When she picked up the child she was drenched in sweat. A nurse on the scene gave the toddler medical care while they wait for police and ambulances to arrive. A police officer arrived with diapers, as there was no diaper bag in the car. When the couple who left the child returned to claim her, Oropeza says, they were more worried about the damage to their car than the distress of their young niece.

The couple were told to leave the store and received a ticket for child endangerment. Police are investigating whether stronger charges are warranted. The little girl is back with her parents and suffered no injuries.

Link

What the hell is wrong with people who do this!? Do they need a psych evaluation? Or do they just need to be bitch-slapped? Seriously! I think it's time we start making the penalty for doing this something they won't soon forget, and they'll be sure to tell all their friends and family. This, and people who leave their pets in locked cars has been in the news repeatedly. Yet it seems like every 3 weeks to a month, there's another incident.

On average, 38 children die of hyperthermia in hot cars every year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. So far at least 10 children have died in 2015 nationwide. A hot car can heat up well over 125 degrees and can kill a child in a matter of minutes.

How hard is this to understand!? Really! Aaaaaaggggghhhh!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sad, i hope the parents never leave their child with the aunt and uncle again. Clearly they are irresponsible buffoons.
Unless and i hate to even think it, there was an ulterior motive behind this.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Having two children myself, I can't imagine doing this. Being that the the child is back home with her parents indicates drugs and/or alcohol weren't involved. But it would seem someone would have to be drunk or high to leave their kids in a hot car with the windows rolled up.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

It wasnt the parents that did this. The aunt and uncle had the little girl in their care. They left the baby in the car.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I stand corrected.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified It is something you would think anyone would know by now, especially in the summer, more especially in * Arizona. It says one ..either the aunt or uncle had been drinking. Jail time, really. I don't know how much 'child endangerment' gets, but they should pile on community service, probation, classes. Anything they can pile on. They should be fined for any damage done to persons, tools or the parking lot from the broken glass caused to remove the child.

There is at least one case I recall where the father actually forgot. The child died. That father will live with that forever. It had to do with dropping off and commuting. People are so focused on 'if I am 4 minutes late' I might be fired, it can cause tragedy. But this case in the OP is not like that.

edit on 21-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
But you are still correct, someone would have to be out of their mind to even think leaving a baby in a hot car is okay.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
My husband took/takes our son to daycare and lived in fear that we would somehow forget. And because of that, I never once worried that he ever would.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
My husband took/takes our son to daycare and lived in fear that we would somehow forget. And because of that, I never once worried that he ever would.

Exactly. Now if we could just get everyone else to think responsibly. We all make mistakes, but we only get one, when it comes to a child's life.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I think the point is that those who do this don't care. It's not about thinking responsibly. If they cared, they would. I'll bet you could find things in their lives they are plenty responsible about. It's just that in these cases, they don't care.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Klassified

I think the point is that those who do this don't care. It's not about thinking responsibly. If they cared, they would. I'll bet you could find things in their lives they are plenty responsible about. It's just that in these cases, they don't care.

A well made point.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I have no idea how something like this can happen but they are producing videos to shock people into paying attention when they have a baby in the car.
Perhaps it might be because of the " Back seat baby seats" out of sight out of mind?
Here is one link that I posted a thread about a while back.

www.killsometime.com...

Whatever the reason this crap has got to stop.
S&F to the OP
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder
That was excellent! Thanks for providing the link. Found it on youtube...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Iwinder
That was excellent! Thanks for providing the link. Found it on youtube...

Your welcome Klassified :-) This kind of stuff really pisses me off to no end. These baby's are helpless and strapped in a hot box and cannot do a damn thing about it.

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

join