It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s up with the images on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
From about a week ago I am experiencing only in some threads that pictures are not displayed but the logo “click to show picture”
It just centered the logo if I try to open it

Others are fine
I use XP and Firefox without any problems on other sites

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
ive had issues uploading images and so has another member...not sure what is going on

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

I made all my pictures .GIF then they are accepted when uploading, but I hope this display thing get sorted out quickly. It's messing up good threads. I also just realize I can see them when I'm logged in
edit on 1C152015-07-21T14:53:02-05:00TuesdayAmerica/Chicago2 by ICycle2 because: Log in - out

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ICycle2
It depends on how the poster adds an image. There are a few different ways to do it. So it might have been intentional, and didn't work right. Or not.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
Both are clickable.

edit on 7/21/2015 by Klassified because: took out gif to be less annoying

edit on 7/21/2015 by Klassified because: re-word to make sense

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Did you try a right click over the image to see what instructions are given? Is there is an info instruction to copy the image address, if so paste any result into the search bar to see what you have.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The first image looks like you're logged out the second image logged in.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ive noticed when i try to upload a pic with my ipad, ATS crashes and closes on me.
Every time i hit the Insert link button. And when i try to use the "Insert an Image button" A black box appears but there is nothing i can do with it, asides from X it out.

Again this only happens on my ipad

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The first image looks like you're logged out the second image logged in.

Yes, I see that too, though I don't see why that is. The other thing is why there a non solid mid blue bar across the top of the OP's systems screen, any time I have seen that paling effect, there has been a systems fault.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I've had problems with getting pictures to display ever since the change. It's even worse when trying to view this site through my phone. I'm determined to see these pictures though, and I always end up spending about 5 minutes clicking like crazy until it finally displays.

I'm on Windows 7 using Chrome. I have the other main browsers too (Firefox,Opera), but usually when I come to sites like these I like Chrome for the shear speed.

My phone is just your basic android system. I have the same problems with both the built in browser and the Chrome app.

If I could just right-click (or on phones long-press) on the image to open it in a new tab it wouldn't be so bad. Currently it just takes me to the main source of the click to view image picture.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Ok it seems to work now.

Not logged in:

After click:

Logged in:

The only difference is when I’m logged out I have to click to see the image, which wasn’t the case before. But at least I can see it now. Mostly my picture [pic] links are to Ats as I rarely link to other sites because I try to stay away from making threads where I need to.

edit on 1C152015-07-21T18:05:28-05:00TuesdayAmerica/Chicago2 by ICycle2 because: Mistake fixed

top topics

join