It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Horse-Cows and 6-Legged Sheep Found in Iron Age Burials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Weird, "hybridized" animal skeletons, including a cow-horse and a six-legged sheep litter the bottom of storage pits in an Iron Age site in England, archaeologists have found. One pit even holds the bones of a woman with a slit throat laid on top of animal bones, the scientists said.

This is pretty interesting, (in regards to the "6 legged sheep")

co-director Paul Cheetham, a senior lecturer in archaeology at Bournemouth University in the United Kingdom, Goes on to say,

The unusual remains belong to an ancient people who lived in southern England from about 400 B.C. until just before the Roman invasion, in A.D. 43

It's very intriguing as to the meaning behind the practices of the Durotriges tribe.

The site provides a perfect window into how the Roman invasion affected prehistoric Britain, Russell said. The scientists are planning to track the lifestyle and other changes that occurred after the Romans took over, he said. For instance, the hybridized animal pits date to the Iron Age, before the Romans arrived.

Source - Weird figured animals and people found in Englands Iron age burial

None the less, a good read.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks
If they dig up my trash one day, they will find that I had a chicken that had 36 wings.... and no other bones.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

HAHAHA, they'd probably find some random oddities on my property.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks 6-legged sheep is a birth defect, a genetic problem. But I do wonder what a horse-cow comes from! The original source beyond yahoo and the writer seem legit.

edit on 21-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: slapjacks
If they dig up my trash one day, they will find that I had a chicken that had 36 wings.... and no other bones.

Thank you sir for that. I'm amused at your comment and impressed that you can eat 36 wings.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I agree.

I'd trust a Professional of Archaeology way before some wishy washy news anchor

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: slapjacks 6-legged sheep is a birth defect, a genetic problem. But I do wonder what a horse-cow comes from! The original source beyond yahoo and the writer seem legit.

The only way to get a horse-cow would be from advanced genetic manipulation. Kind of hard to believe iron age tribes of people would be able to pull that off though.

Further back in time during Babylon or pre-flood is rumored to have had sciences ahead of us now in some disciplines like genetics. No way to prove it though.

Maybe black magic could account for this Horse-Cow thingy.. Yikes..

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Are we sure this is a horse cow hybrid? It could be an aurochs, which is an ancient extinct bovine

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The picture of the "6-legged Sheep" states that the extra legs came from another sheep, so no weirdness there.

As for the cow-horse, the Aurochs suggestion seems a fair one for the time being, unless other information is released.

***ETA***
Upon further reading, this really seems to be a Bronze Age trash pit of sorts. The animal body parts are just all mixed up.

(A little post-mortem dead animal jigsaw puzzling?)
edit on 7/21/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: edit to add

top topics

join