It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Predict A RIAT- The photo thread

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

From the sound of it, both the Vipers and Hogs were supposed to have gone through already but were delayed for various reasons. There's talk of some of them, and the Thunderbirds running the Mach Loop while they're there, but I don't know how serious that was.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The Thunderbirds will be flying over Lakenheath and Mildenhall tomorrow between 12:25 and 12:40.

Here's their planned route:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That would a cool video to see!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Slys13

I'm sure there will be. It will probably be packed if they do run it. They've been caught running the Jedi Transition in Death Valley so they might.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Weasel01, flight of 6 is over the Channel, approaching Ipswich. They're going to be operating out of the UK for probably 2 weeks, due to runway work at Spangdahlem.

Warhawk01, flight of 6 is airborne and enroute.

edit on 7/10/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Weasel and war hawk are these the A-10s. I just need to get my last day of work over with tomorrow and I might go out for a drive to the Hall and Lakenheath

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Those are the Spangdhalem Vipers. They closed their base for runway repairs. They all should be there and settled now. Probably start familiarization flights tomorrow.

The A-10s are due in around 2130 Thursday night.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 ah yes you did say they would be arriving on Thursday my apologies.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

There are some really nice pictures from the Thunderbirds flyover today on the net. They overflew a number of locations with a tanker that had a photographer in the boom pod.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 I've seen a few on facebook I follow Mildenhall and the Lakenheath pages. What a job that would be though to sit in aircraft and take pictures. The weather is looking ok for the weekend well it says it's not going to rain I'm hoping for some broken cloud and sunshine I'll be trying to get some pics myself

Just had confirmed 2 Ukrainian Su-27s one on static and one in the flying program which I'm over the moon with. They are bringing a support aircraft in the form of a Ilyushin Il-76 which is another aircraft I've never seen in the flesh but absolutely love.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

They flew with the Red Arrows today. They were impressed by them and had a good time.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The Red Arrows were brilliant on Sunday when I saw them.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Twelve A-10s, with Clean 91, and Primo 85 are on the way into Mildenhall. They should be about an hour out for the first cell of six.

KC-767, 87-3601, JASDF is on the ground in your area. Looks like he's at Fairford for RIAT.
edit on 7/13/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've not been on the ball with aircraft watching the last few days missed the Ukrainians literally fly over my town when they arrived today but I've be stuck in bed nursing a injured back. I only found out they flew over about 20 mins after they had done so

The JASDF I spotted on a quick look at ADSB flying off the north Cornish coast I think was yesterday think they have been here for a bit. And yes the 767 is due to be in the static line up

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

If you're feeling better the A-10s arrived at Mildenhall. They'll be there tomorrow and leave Saturday morning.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Hearing that the A-10s might be slipped 24 hours on departure. One of the tankers had to cancel due to a flight plan issue, and Rota is off the cards as a destination due to a C-5 issue.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 I haven't had time to get to Mildenhall still nursing a ruined back and I've had a busy few days, trying to find somewhere to live at the moment lol but that's a different story

RIAT has been a bit of a wash out today apparently. In the UK we've had plenty of sunshine over the last few weekends and Sod's law the weekend of RIAT we have low cloud and rain just hoping it improves slightly for tomorrow when I go. If it's crap tomorrow then think I'll spend some time around the static park trying to get some fancy static shots. Maybe spend some time going in a few aircraft. But I'm there for departures on Monday which is looking better weather wise

The B52 on static, I've seen pics of it and looks like there is no fencing or sections off areas people have been walking underneath the wings and in the bomb bay so I'm hoping this is the case tomorrow would be nice to get up close to a b52

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

RIAT was being shown live in planes.tv

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Looks like they got their issues sorted anyway. They were able to go today.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Plenty more chances to pop up to Mildenhall until it closes lol

Anyway my camera batteries are all charged, memory cards cleared and all other essentials packed. Hoping the weather is slightly better than it was today but shall see how I get on. I might take some pics with my phone and post them while I'm there

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join