It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Predict A RIAT- The photo thread

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

The show last year included a flying demonstration by the NASA ER-2, a MiG-23 and MiG-29, and a lot of other old warbirds and great flying displays.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Maybe I'll look into it next year I'm always struggling of finding things to do and how to use my holiday days at work perhaps I might take a visit, plus I've never been to the good ole U S of A so it will be a few things ticked off my list

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker

originally posted by: waynos

I'm doing exactly the same! Not looking forward to sleeping in the car though as not booked anywhere, lol

Are you looking for somewhere to camp Sunday night ? I've got to email a guy that runs a camp site, few people I've spoken to said I can email this guy as the camp site will start emptying out over the weekend and there might be a chance I can get camped up somewhere Sunday night. If I have any luck I'll try and forward on some details to you

If I can't book anywhere I might come and find you as I'll be sleeping in my car too lol

If you could, that would be great, if not, yeah, we could keep company lol.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos
Sent you a U2U

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
We're getting a nice little flyby on Saturday and Sunday from some US planes, C-130J KC-135R two F-15s a C and E variant and an F-16C. Happy days!

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
If you guys are watching ADS-B Exchange keep an eye out for Blue 61. KC-135 58-0049. He's bringing the six Thunderbirds show aircraft with him. They met off the east coast a little while ago and headed over. He'll probably meet up with a tanker or two out of the Hall.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 I was watching earlier at work while having lunch. I follow someone on twitter who tweets fancy aircraft popping up on ADSB. Not long got home

Gonna try and get to the Hall during next week. It's only about an hour and half away from me going to see what I can catch plus also I need some more motorway driving in me (not been driving long) before I head off to Fairford

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
They are a bit early for the show though aren't they? A week to go yet. Also whether you may know will the TBirds land at Fairford and stay there until the show ?

Also I literally just opened ADSB Blue 61 just popped up off the west coast of the UK

edit on 7-7-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

They'll do familiarization and show and tell for the community before the show. They like to give people rides. Foreign shows they usual get there a little early because the airspace rules are different, so it gives them plenty of time to sit down with the local authorities, instead of showing up Wednesday for a Saturday show and finding out the airspace rules on Thursday.

I'd actually be surprised if they don't move around to different bases to let people see them and do familiarization flights for other bases.
edit on 7/7/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Where's my invitation for a ride wish they would stop at my local airport I'd drive straight there to get some snaps as it's only a small airport mainly for regional or short hops to Europe.

Looks like Blue is crossing over the north of England maybe heading out to the channel to pick up a tanker? Mind you though once you're in UK air space it doesn't take long to fly anywhere being such a small country.

Thanks for the heads up though gives me something to watch while I'll laze about

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ignore that Blue has taken a turn south probably heading toward its selected base

If they get based at the Hall or Lakenheath before the show I'll see if I can get up there and have a bit of spotting fun
edit on 7-7-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

They'll probably drop off and he'll head into the Hall if they're going to Fairford. The crew chiefs would have come in ahead of them on another aircraft and will be waiting for them.
edit on 7/7/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The F-22 demo team is getting ready to head over as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos
Thank's waynos, You take some incredible shots! I spent awhile the other night looking at your pics, you're very good at what you do.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Blue61 is currently flying over Dumfries Scotland at the moment on ADS-B

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
There are 18 F-16s and some A-10s passing through next week. I think they said Monday for the Vipers.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
There are 18 F-16s and some A-10s passing through next week. I think they said Monday for the Vipers.

Just passing through or are they stopping somewhere. Any ideas where they might base them if they stop here? Sorry for the stupid questions

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The A-10s are going to the Hall Thursday night. They're supposed to leave over the weekend.

The F-16s are heading in Monday to Lakenheath. No time yet, but they're coming out of Spangdahlem.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You're a fountain of information, thanks will see if I can manage a trip up there before Fairford on Sunday need to brush up on the photography skills

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Cannot wait for RIAT footy. Paris airshow was a bit underwhelming this year, from what I saw.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join