It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Predict A RIAT- The photo thread

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Well I'm boots on the ground at the show the weather is holding off .. just. Full display so far and rumour has it we have a b2 on the way

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What a show! And a B-2 making a surprise appearance! I'm ditching departure day I'm sunburnt and soaked if that believable now to head home and start loading the pics up. Got some cracking pics I'll upload some in the next few days

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Just going to share three pics from today taken from my phone. The first .. and what a beast this was to see flying and what a display it put on.
A Ukrainian SU-27 Flanker

The B-52 on static. Gutted it wasn't flying by the B-2 made up for that

Aaaaaand something about I've never seen before and it's in need of a paint job. A U-2 (not sure which variant)

edit on 16-7-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: Deleted text

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Heres a few more to add. Ive started going through the pictures on a laptop once i begin to organise whats what ill post some more pics.

Sorry Zaphod the Belgium F-16 display jet still has the same colour scheme froma from last year i remember you saying you dont like it lol but here it is full power upside down with wheels down

The Ukrainian SU-27 Flanker again but this time in the air

A US Air Force B1 bomber on static.

The Thunderbirds in a 4 ship formation

Plenty more to go through so i might make a list of what pics of the aircraft i have and get people to choose

edit on 17-7-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: added text

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

All the U-2s are currently S models. The sensor suite changes with different noses, but they're all S models.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Posted some pics, including B-2 and Flanker, to my flickr, linked below. Many more to come but going coast for a couple of days.

I nearly ditched departures day due to getting rained on Sunday, but glad i stayed as got some lovely shots, the first few of which are already uploaded too.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos

i ditched departure day i wasnt really prepared as i left everything to the last min. Plus i was sunburnt, sweaty, soaked and feeling warn out

heres a few more. some US air power

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Love the pic of Frenesi flying with the F22 she's gorgeous

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510
The Berlin Express P-51 was meant to be flying with it. It survived its trip over from the states only to lose its canopy in England few days after it arrived so Frenesi was the replacement

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Not a bad replacement at all though Ferocious Frankie is also a gorgeous P51. Nice to see Sally the B17 flying as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I came very close. Even phoned home to say I was on my way but in the end I was too tired to drive for three hours and decided to have a rest at the campsite before setting off, ended up sleeping all night!

Whereabouts in the show were you? Me and my son were in the Viewing Village grandstand, but am considering upgrading to FRIAT for the future (probably won't though £££££££££££££'s lol).

When I'm home from the coast I'll get some pics posted.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510

Not a bad replacement at all though Ferocious Frankie is also a gorgeous P51. Nice to see Sally the B17 flying as well.

Hasn't seen the sally b fly for a loooong time plus the Lancaster bomber flew in the airshow too, both vintage bombers I hadn't seen for a long time. I've got pics of the lanc I'll try and post them when I can

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I was lucky enough two years back now I think it was to see two Lancasters flying along the coast brilliant sight.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I sat in the car after the show think I left just before the ground closed at seven, after being rained on and sun burnt and tired the last thing I wanted was to sod about putting a tent up or gettin an uncomfy nights sleep in a car so just decided to take a slow drive home

I was in the viewing village too but in the garden section at the front of the with all the plastic chairs. I had done grandstand seating the two years before but found it to be a little cramped, saying that though there seemed to be a few empty seats in the stands this year. Also because I was on my own I had the intention of just walking around all day so didn't want to pay out for the grandstand. I found the viewing village perfect though, the chairs were comfy and you could move them about. I also found that when I wasn't standing taking photos it was easy to lean back slightly in the garden chairs and look up to take pics, that's of course if I wasn't going for taking off or landing pics

Yeh I'm weighing my options for next year, I've got a lot going on at the minute. I'm moving and looking for a new job so life's priorities come first. Plus it will probably take me till next year to go through my photos. I definitely want to do more than one day as I feel like I miss out in the show ground as I'm too busy watching planes. Maybe one day plane watching and the other just exploring the show ground as I wanted to try and talk to some of the crews

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510

I was lucky enough two years back now I think it was to see two Lancasters flying along the coast brilliant sight.
Ah yes I missed that opportunity I think I was too busy working and couldn't get to any venues that had them flying

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The appearance of the B-2 at the show was the biggest thrill for me, having never seen one before. My son pointed into the distance and asked "what's that flying over there? I took the following picture to see better (you'll need to zoom in) and the hairs stood up on the back of my neck!

Not long afterwards we were treated to two low passes that I'll never forget;

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
F-22 Selection, also featuring P-51

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Nice pics Waynos .. im looking at them and thinking .. wow they look very similar to mine but then i remembered where you were sat at the show (pretty much right behind me in the stand) so your pics are going to have to same angle as mine. Dare i say it you seem to have pulled off some better than me hah thanks for sharing though

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

edit on 5-8-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Edit: Sorry messed up my replying with images that's what you get for trying to do it on the move. Deleted my reply will return in a bit to upload some pics when I've stopped and sat down

Sorrrrrry

Edit: omg I can't even edit posts properly

edit on 5-8-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join