It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking? John Kerry says Iran's vow to defy U.S. is 'very disturbing'...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Shocking? I think not.

Iran is, in my opinion, as I said before - not going to follow this whole policy or Nuke Deal.

news.yahoo.com...

Ayatollah Khamenei told supporters on Saturday that U.S. policies in the region were "180 degrees" opposed to Iran's, at a speech in a Tehran mosque punctuated by chants of "Death to America" and "Death to Israel".

"Even after this deal our policy toward the arrogant U.S. will not change," Khamenei said.

Wow, you think Mr. Kerry? I just never did think this was a good idea from the beginning.

Putting nuclear capabilities in the hands of an area where peace is not at the forefront of their values seems, not ironically, like a horrible idea.

edit on 21-7-2015 by IamInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
looks to me...the purpose of this deal was to enhance Obama's resume. Iran barely made concessions and even the ones they made are considered onerous. ("Only 24 days warning of inspection? Outrageous!"). Most of the US doesn't like this deal and the other ME countries (not just Israel) are not happy. This 'Iran will not get the nuke' promise is ludicrous and the Saudi Arabias of the region know this.
edit on 21-7-2015 by works4dhs because: remove unneeded quote to save precious badwidth.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Context is important.

He actually said...

"Even with the Iran Deal, (notice the comma, meaning aside from)...
Our policies towards US arrogant system will see no change (meaning business as usual outside of the deal)...
U.S. Policies in the region (Mid East)...
Differ 180degrees from Iran"...

So his comments have nothin to do with the nuclear deal.

& this should be sent into the ludicrous online lies forum.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said a speech by Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei on Saturday vowing to defy American policies in the region despite a deal with world powers over Tehran's nuclear program was "very disturbing".

Which is why Kerry and Obama support the agreements !!!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IamInfinity

OH!? After the fact?

They were shouting death to America while they were haggling.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamInfinity

Putting nuclear capabilities in the hands of an area where peace is not at the forefront of their values seems, not ironically, like a horrible idea.

Are you referring to Israel and Pakistan?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut

Are you referring to Israel and Pakistan?

Yeah lets give more people nuclear capabilities...not.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Shocking? I think not.

Iran is, in my opinion, as I said before - not going to follow this whole policy or Nuke Deal.

news.yahoo.com...

Ayatollah Khamenei told supporters on Saturday that U.S. policies in the region were "180 degrees" opposed to Iran's, at a speech in a Tehran mosque punctuated by chants of "Death to America" and "Death to Israel".

"Even after this deal our policy toward the arrogant U.S. will not change," Khamenei said.

Wow, you think Mr. Kerry? I just never did think this was a good idea from the beginning.

Seriously, why would they????? I guess no one wants to acknowledge the truth. Too bad everyone on here is denying ignorance. Once again, this isn't rocket science. They have already proven to be errant in their ways.

But so far, there's been little evidence of any change in behavior. And that left State Department officials delicately explaining how cooperation on a nuclear deal does not signal acceptance of Tehran's abysmal record on human rights.

"The purpose of the nuclear talks, as we have explained many, many times, is to deal with the nuclear issue. It is not to deal with the human rights issue. It's a separate concern," said Tom Malinowski, assistant secretary of state for democracy, human rights and labor. "But we have made it absolutely clear that we – regardless of the outcome of the Iran talks – we are going to continue to speak up and stand out and stand up for human rights in Iran; that if any sanctions are lifted as a result of a nuclear deal, the human rights-related sanctions will remain in place."

The report, released Thursday after a months-long delay, said Iran continues to "severely restrict civil liberties" and includes a laundry-list of violations: lack of freedom of assembly, speech, religion and press; disappearances; arbitrary and unlawful detention, torture, and killing; politically motivated violence and repression; denial of fair public trial; the lack of an independent judiciary; and holding political prisoners, among other things.

But once again also, the peers have turned a blind eye until after the fact. Isn't he a good guy!

Yep, I can see it already.......so do you. You just wont acknowledge it.
edit on 21-7-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
How about the US stops installing or supporting leaders in other countries that their people do not want. That tend to not make friends.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Let's remove those weapons then, and while we're at it, let's remove all nuclear plants from the ME given how problematic is the region.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mastronaut

Let's remove those weapons then, and while we're at it, let's remove all nuclear plants from the ME given how problematic is the region.

I suppose you'd have to start with India, Pakistan and then Israel.

I am not surprised the Ayatollah is running his mouth. Isn't it an 'election' year in Iran?

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

really, you didn't even quote it right so how can your " context" be right.

in black and white from the OP's source, the words he said were.

"Even after this deal our policy toward the arrogant U.S. will not change,"

their policy for nuclear inspection was to, lie, move, deny, stop inspectors from entering sites, any thing they could think of to hide what they had. so that's not gonna stop.

hell when Kerry the man that headed the U.S. delegation, says it's " very disturbing, it's very troubling," after Iran got a sweet heart deal. you should take notice.

plus you do realize that the U.S. policy includes a non nuclear weapons Iran, so if they are a 180 out what do you suppose that means.

edit on 21-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Context is important.

He actually said...

Our policies towards US arrogant system will see no change (meaning business as usual outside of the deal)...

Honestly, after rereading I feel like you're taking it out of context.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IamInfinity

So you think that Pakistan can develop these weapons with no problems and test them however Iran cannot? Do you know how much more technically advanced Iran is than Pakistan?! If Iran wanted the weapons, they would have them or already do have them. Heck, Israel would sell them some if Iran would buy them!

Who cares what a group of religious nut jobs say when the gather together in groups. It is not shown by the country's actions currently nor in the recent past and that is what matters.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Just to be CLEAR then.
Do YOU think the will follow the agreement?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's grandstanding for the masses, not policy. How would a candidate do in the US that said the same about Iran? Quite well I think.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Let's make some small edits and see how many things still line up, just for fun:

But so far, there's been little evidence of any change in behavior. And that left State Department officials delicately explaining how cooperation on a nuclear deal does not signal acceptance of USA's abysmal record on human rights.

"The purpose of the nuclear talks, as we have explained many, many times, is to deal with the nuclear issue. It is not to deal with the human rights issue. It's a separate concern," said Victoria Neuland, assistant secretary of state . "But we have made it absolutely clear that we – regardless of the outcome of the USA talks – we are going to continue to speak up and stand out and stand up for human rights in Iran; that if any sanctions are lifted as a result of a nuclear deal, the human rights-related sanctions will remain in place."

The report, released Thursday after a months-long delay, said USA continues to "severely restrict civil liberties" and includes a laundry-list of violations: lack of freedom of assembly, speech, religion and press; disappearances; arbitrary and unlawful detention, torture, and killing; politically motivated violence and repression; denial of fair public trial; the lack of an independent judiciary; and holding political prisoners, among other things.

Does most of that look like what we see here on ATS every week?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

They do not count however I just wanted the sentiment to be show.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Iran is signaling the USA and Iran's neighbors in the M.E. that the conditions of the 'treaty' are not worth the paper the Nuke Pact is written on...

Iran has no intention of heeding Mankind devised Treaties.. instead Iran will behave as the Mullahs & Supreme Leader says "Allah" instructs them to behave ....
...which will invariably be towards the secret development of Nuclear weapons to rain fire on America and to wipe Israel off the Map... (as Iran's purpose of existence)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Context is important.

He actually said...

Honestly, after rereading I feel like you're taking it out of context.

Not really.....

The report says....But Khamenei, who has the last word on high matters of state and had given his blessing to the nuclear talks, moved to dampen any speculation it would lead to a broader rapprochement with the United States.

"We have repeatedly said we don't negotiate with the U.S. on regional or international affairs; not even on bilateral issues. There are some exceptions like the nuclear program that we negotiated with the Americans to serve our interests."

So in my opinion it seems except for the nuclear deal, they wont be negotiating on other issues.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join