It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump has Ripped Off the Chains of Political Correctness...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: whyamIhere

Agreed, did he offer an actual plan about the vets though?

Genuinely asking in case I missed it.

No plan...

Except he said a Veteran can go to any Doctor anywhere and anytime.

So, I do agree the Vets should get that at a minimum.

Actually he has the start of a plan and has already implemented it with his own money.

He has setup a Veteran hotline and web access asking for input on what they want changed at the VA and what problems they are having.

The hotline is 855-VETS-352 and email is veterans@donaldtrump.com.

That WAY more then any other candidate has done. This is the first step for fixing the problem. Ask the people using the system what the issues are, then work on fixing them.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
a reply to: SubTruth

Actually your so called "mettering" is more like all other politicians checking with their corporate donors as to how they should proceed. Hereby lies the problem. Corporations and the rich pay for elections and that cash comes with strings attached. The reason Trump resonates is because he is his own donor so he calls it like it is. Granted his delivery is a bit biting for some but people want the cold hard truths not all this sugar coated pc blabber most other politicians are putting out there.

Really. And after a number of years of listening to democrats without filters. "We can read it later"...."The US is not christian nation...and never was"....."returning vets and christian fundamentalists are the number one domestic threat" and that not long after 911....James Taylor and Cary doing "You got a friend"..."The US doesn't want to have frank race discussions"....ect

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: beezzer
Does anyone know what Trumps' platform is?

Or are we automatically dismissing him because he has funny hair and a big mouth?

In fairness, *some* of his stated positions are pretty damn solid.
-He favors robust tariffs on imported goods from countries with low cost of labor.
-He favors tax credits for domestic production
-He's opposed to Common Core
-He's very pro-2nd Amendment
-He's pro repealing and replacing the ACA
-He's anti-amnesty, Pro-enforcement of standing immigration laws
-He's honest about the real unemployment rates
-His tax policies are fair and intelligent
-He favors "To the victors go the spoils" which makes military conflicts pay for themselves.
-He favors legalizing and taxing certain recreational narcotics.

These are his stated positions... recent history has shown us that the stated doesn't always equal reality after a candidate is elected, however.

I can agree with all those. Lets be fair though, reality is what he can get Congress to pass. Which in-turn is based on how much we hold the flames to their feet. If he gets elected it MAY make some of Congress believe we REALLY do want the statuss que gone.

With this in mind. He MIGHT be able to get things done. Could you imagine him going on TV every night and telling the public, "I asked Congress to pass *** and those A***** are just sitting there not acting on the bill we sent."

OR may be "We put the bill in, but XYZ PAC paid off **** to get them to kill it."

That would be a laugh to watch.

edit on 22-7-2015 by dismanrc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: dismanrc

Or he burns so many bridges that both partys will unite to destroy him and do whatever it takes to block his ideas.

Remember politicians are petty , vindictive and child like.

So is trump.

I would expect a catastrophic # storm.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I think our current leader has already done that.

True he may be playing us like a fiddle. The question is what does he truly want?

I believe he DOES want what he says. To make America the great country it was. The question is why? Because he thinks that is what needs to be done, or he wants to be remembered as the one who did it?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: SubTruth

All of the other candidates are progressive ideal pushing puppets willing to sell this country out for money and power. Trump is not one of them and for this reason alone I will vote for him.

Trump has Donated over 200k to the Clinton Foundation.....

he has given over 500k to people like Harry Reid , arguably one of the worst people for this country weve had in a long time...

Hes admittted to loving lobbyist because theyve made millions.......

Hes flip flopped from Democrat to Republican depending where the winds were and which was better for his pocket book

If you think he wont turn on the American People to fatten his checking account, given his obvious history

you are sadly mistaken and youre falling for the trap

Umm yep, that why he made so much money. He played the system just like all the others.

He knows all the political tricks, but he's not being bound to them like the politicians are.

Will he make money if he gets elected? I hope so very badly. Because if he makes money that probably means is economic policies are working and our GDP is going up. (Rising water floats all ships?) Besides point to ONE politician that does come out richer then when they went in.

Sense you brought up Reid. He's worth over $10 million now and has NEVER been anything but a politician. Umm wish I could get that kind of return on my money.

Show me a politician that has not flip flopped on an issue based on polls. I rather trust someone with a GOAL that flip flops to get to that goal, then someone that flips based on public opinion.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The answer is easy for Veteran care. Call it Tri-Care for Vets. Any services connected illness would be covered by Tri-Care for Vets. Disband the Veteran Medical system only leaving an evaluation board that review Veteran records and determine service connection based on the evidence available. Veterans then go to what ever doctor they choose that accept Tri-Care.

Simple and likely cheaper.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

He's got the GOP by the shorthairs!

They better be careful trying to get him booted out of the GOP, because if he runs as Independent, he will assure a Democrat victory in 2016. The Big Banks are shelling out cash to both Hillary and Jeb, so in reality unless Trump did have a chance in hell of winning, it would just be 4 more years of Clinton/Bush's/Obama, further selling off our Republic at "Firesale" prices.

Either way, instead of getting mad at our political circus, I am for once enjoying watching them squirm!

No he wont, he will fall apart in the debates...

The man has NEVER been challenged in debates...

hes use to being able to sit on his bully pulpit and say whatever he wants, hes never had someone whose strong in politics and actually KNOWS what the hell they are talking about, hit him with facts......

He will blow apart

You talk about political debates and then use the word facts in the same page? WOW.

I think that will be his high point. He's not afraid of talking about a subject based on fact. The others are going to hedge every statement to make sure they don't offend some voting faction. And I have never truly seen ANY politician actually answer a question in one of these debates. He may be the first because he's not pandering to people.

Now weather you LIKE his answer is another question completely.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

He's got the GOP by the shorthairs!

They better be careful trying to get him booted out of the GOP, because if he runs as Independent, he will assure a Democrat victory in 2016. The Big Banks are shelling out cash to both Hillary and Jeb, so in reality unless Trump did have a chance in hell of winning, it would just be 4 more years of Clinton/Bush's/Obama, further selling off our Republic at "Firesale" prices.

Either way, instead of getting mad at our political circus, I am for once enjoying watching them squirm!

Trump has the same keen insight and mind that Perot had...and Perot had to withdraw under threat of lethal harm to his immediate family...

I see too many toes being stepped on by Trump and I expect the same result... not just expulsion from the GOP or a 3rd party run is at play....something far more sinister

I expect the shadow government will give him enough rope ... but when he (Trump) makes that Perot battle cry equivalent....'that sucking sound you hear is jobs leaving America'... then the early exit from politics is near.

what will that Trump 'battle cry' be~~~
I suppose it could be the promise to :Unwind the last 8 years of engineering the collapse of the America by the WH
edit on nd31143756349322112015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another
Anyone old enough to remember what he did to the USFL will never vote for him.

Just saying'. He killed that league.

Now if we can just get someone to kill the NFL and MLB.

About time we had players in it to play and not just make money

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: beezzer
Or are we automatically dismissing him because he has funny hair and a big mouth?

Funny hair and big mouth.

Trump on the Issues

I am now pro-life; after years of being pro-choice. (Apr 2011)
Same-sex marriage is a state issue. (Jun 2015)
Legalize drugs and use tax revenue to fund drug education. (Apr 2011)
Climate change is a hoax. (Jun 2015)
More sanctions on Iran; more support of Israel. (Jun 2015)
Two-term limit on NYC mayor is a terrible idea. (Sep 2010)
I am against gun control. (Feb 2011)
Build great wall on southern border; have Mexico pay for it. (Jun 2015)
One-time 14% tax on wealthy to pay down national debt. (Jun 2015)
Boots on the ground to fight ISIS. (Jun 2015)

Sounds great to me.

And don't even go to the "he changed" thing. Someone that can't change their opinions over time if they are show new facts is am idiot.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Donald Trump is the epitome of the modern Republican party; I'm surprised the other 15 "candidates" or so haven't already quit.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Where did I say that I think the 2 party system was on the up and up? Are you daft? I know INTIMATELY that each party is corrupt. MY point was that Trump is making the Republican party irrelevant. It's going to let the Democrats dominate the political scene for at least another 4 years, maybe 8. Instead of a 2 party system, Trump is turning politics into a 1 party system. At least two corrupt powers kind of balance each other out at times. ONE corrupt power is just trouble.

Please don't assume things about me just because I take a particular position in an argument.
edit on 22-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Bicent76

The most qualified person for the job, we all know will not be elected..

and this is why they never get elected.......people spout this enough and no one votes for them

Nope.

None of them run. All we get is want a be politicians. They are like professors. The ones that can do..do. The ones that can't... teach...or become politicians.

Their are a FEW out there that get into the game in order to help. Most of those get turned, beaten or so disgruntled they drop out. I think Gowdy is one of these, but he's not willing to run right now.

We all hear many of the rich talk about politics. But Trump is the only one willing to risk his position and money to try.
You don't see Soros in the ring do you? He sure is happy throwing millions at changing political policy from behind cover.
You don't see the Koch brothers running in the open do you?
Bloomberg got beat up pretty bad as mayor, but still don't see him running for the White House.
Tom Steyer ring a bell?

The only other person to ever run was Perot. I personally don't think he even wanted to win, but just hates GHW Bush so much he wanted him to lose. (He had a BIG personnel grudge against Bush from what I understand.)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ParasuvO

Where did I say that I think the 2 party system was on the up and up? Are you daft? I know INTIMATELY that each party is corrupt. MY point was that Trump is making the Republican party irrelevant. It's going to let the Democrats dominate the political scene for at least another 4 years, maybe 8. Instead of a 2 party system, Trump is turning politics into a 1 party system. At least two corrupt powers kind of balance each other out at times. ONE corrupt power is just trouble.

Please don't assume things about me just because I take a particular position in an argument.

I think we the current selection of Republican they already have rendered themselves irrelevant.

Look at the other options?
Jeb Bush (Yuck yuck yuck)
Chris Christie (Who ate all the pies)
Ted Cruz ( Holy F*** no)
Scott Walker (Woooo war F*** yeah!)
Lindsey Graham (McCain 2.0)

Hell Trump might be a worthless insane money hungry moron but he seems the most palatable!

That how bad the GOP are atm......Trumps actually the most palatable leading candidate...

One of Hillary turds could win against that lot at the moment.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Not a bad idea.

I worked for the VA for 4 years. Not ALL the hospitals bad. It really depends on own the guys in charge is.

I worked in Richmond, which was one of the four polytrauma center. I saw a lot of good thing there and most of us where appalled at the conditions at some of the other centers. Yes we had issues and money shortages, but I never saw a Vet get turned away there in the four years I was there.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yea, out of SIXTEEN candidates, not one of them is even remotely good enough to beat a pretty crappy (and likely VERY corrupt) Democrat candidate.
edit on 22-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yea, out of SIXTEEN candidates, not one of them is even remotely good enough to beat a pretty crappy (and likely VERY corrupt) Democrat candidate.

I bet they are enjoying this.

GOP are destroying themselves with infighting and poor candidates and Trumps a huge catalyst.

It happened in the UK but the other way round this yeah. Our left party Labour destroyed itself with infighting and then elected a incompetent leader and worse it got that clown brand involved . By the time the election rolled round not only did the unpopular Tory government win and retain its power but it routed Labour from many of its strongest areas.

I can see the same thing happening with the GOP. They will wreck themselves with in fighting then elect a incompetent leader causing even more havoc.

I see Hillary waltzing into the WH next year....................unfortunately...... horrid thought.
edit on 22-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Yea me too. Though, as an aside, hopefully this disaster of an election will be a big wakeup call for the GOP and they get their act together, because I don't think they can afford to lose the 2020 election as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
You know, I was thinking about something similar the other day and how unrefined he is and something crossed my mind...

Would I give this man a job as an ambassador to another country, to live in and engage people in local customs, serve as a diplomat and negotiate with tact?

I don't know about you but I sure wouldn't. To be a diplomat you'd have to be diplomatic, correct? Something he sorely lacks. And if I can't even see him as an ambassador, how could I ever see him as a president?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join