It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump has Ripped Off the Chains of Political Correctness...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
To be honest, I'd really like to see an election that is actually CONTESTED instead of being a foregone conclusion because one party is just so insane they can't field a real candidate.

Nothing good can come from a single party dominating the political landscape for too long.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

What a overall lack of leadership in the republican party, that Trump is in the lead. Trump is good at making money, I would think if he becomes president this won't change. I wonder how much Russia, or Syria, or even North Korea would have to pay to buy him out? As far as I can tell he doesn't have many redeeming qualities and makes Hilary look like a good girl scout.

Trump is catering to the extreme right wing, this will win him nothing. He is doing this for publicity IMO and people are dumb enough to take him seriously.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Our Veterans no longer deserve to be treated as third class citizens.

Except those who were "captured"... He doesn't like them.

Seriously, I agree with you. Political Correctness is not his strong suit. He doesn't give a crap who gets offended at what he says. Of course, that simply won't flush in the political world today, so he'll never make the nomination

Not sure I agree with you here, BH. The last time this country had a Democrat president who made as many social program changes as Obama has made, the nation followed up by electing Richard Nixon. In previous attempts, Nixon had failed to garner the vote because he was an unpleasant individual, angry, unpolished, crude, crass, foul mouthed, shifty, pinched, etc... funny thing was, after 6 years of LBJ, the nation was ready for a dramatic shift and Tricky Dick suddenly found the Oval Office. I could see that happening with Trump. Of course, I can also see President Trump impeached on some charge of impropriety, too.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
In previous attempts, Nixon had failed to garner the vote because he was an unpleasant individual, angry, unpolished, crude, crass, foul mouthed, shifty, pinched, etc... funny thing was, after 6 years of LBJ, the nation was ready for a dramatic shift and Tricky Dick suddenly found the Oval Office.

Yeah, but we didn't have the 24-hour news cycle on 15 channels then, though. Trumps ugly mug plays over and over with the stuff he says... even on FOX.

I'm not saying Obama won't be followed by a Republican, I just REALLY don't think it will be Trump.

We'll have to wait and see... Wanna make a friendly wager?

edit on 7/21/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Wanna make a friendly wager?

No. Only because I don't want to be viewed as a Trump guy, win or lose. I'm in no way supporting him. He's managed himself into bankruptcy a couple of times, and is basically little more than a celebrity dabbling in politics. I'd suggest virtually every celebrity who has decided to become a politician or a sideline political commentator, telling everyone what's wrong with the nation, etc, is an idiot and would be far better served by simply shutting the hell up and going back to their original career choice: entertainment.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I see an interesting political dynamic playing out here. I'm sure there are many in the GOP that wish Trump would just STFU so they could get back to the officially sanctioned pandering to their loyal base of Christians and Rush ditto heads.

But Trump has introduced a wild card and they are confused as whether to support him or back away quickly so they don't get splashed with any of his crazy and have to make excuses for him. I hope Trump has enough staying power to last until the debates.

It's not Sarah but it's still entertaining.

edit on 21-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It's not Sarah but it's still entertaining.

Trump is going to need *something* to bring up his ratings eventually. Suppose he'll take a cue from John McCain and ask Sarah to be his running mate? Now THAT'S entertainment! LOL!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: notmyrealname

Desertion is tantamount to treason. Picking out ONE extreme example to invalidate my point about Trump's comments about McCain as a POW is just a deflection. You know DAMN well what I was trying to get across and you are just nitpicking to try to catch me in a contradiction.

Sort of the way you started all this portion of the discussion here?

Since the POW flag has existed. You know, this thing?

edit on 21-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Anyone that goes against the grain, tweeks the "status quo" is okay in my book.

I like Trump now more than I did!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The media hates, hates, hates him, and that's good enough for me right now. The actual election doesn't take place for over a year. It's not like he's taking attention away from anything critical at the moment.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

So with this you mean that you've always considered ALL POW's heroes except McCain? I'm not following you here. I saw you ask a question about since when POW's have been considered heroes and I answered the question. How is that nitpicking an extreme example?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
jesus, can't we all agree to ignore this A**hole?...he's not going to win. he' a joke and a clown with a fat wallet, that's it.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I've seen more people on this site hurl more vile and disgusting insults at vets than Trump ever could.

And those people are still members today!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The media hates, hates, hates him, and that's good enough for me right now. The actual election doesn't take place for over a year. It's not like he's taking attention away from anything critical at the moment.

The media doesn't hate him...the media LOVES him.

Do you know how much headline gold Trump is? He supplies them with endless content.

Not sure why you think the media hates him...I'm guessing a radio host...in the media...told you that.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I've seen more people on this site hurl more vile and disgusting insults at vets than Trump ever could.

Are those members running to be commander in chief?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

When was the last time anyone was able to get the D/R's to agree on anything?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

When was the last time anyone was able to get the D/R's to agree on anything?

LOLZ!

Too true!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Are those members running to be commander in chief?

So we have one set of standards for politicians and another set of standards for the rest of society?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Conservatives already are disappointed...they're disappointed over everything. Approval ratings for their own GOP candidates in congress is at an all time low. It makes sense that they'd rally behind an anti-establishment GOP candidate like Trump. The more Trump bashes tradition -- the more conservative Republicans will flock to him. Every stupid comment he makes causes his numbers to climb. I don't think this is by accident. Expect Trump to keep saying stupid Trump-isms and gaining conservative support.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No and never mind; this discussion is moot. If you want to know how I feel on the matter read what I have already posted in this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join