It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump has Ripped Off the Chains of Political Correctness...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Let me explain to you what I'm worried about here. I'm worried that the Republican party has gone so far fringe that they are going to have a tough time debating with Trump because those candidates support many fringe ideas just like Trump. This is either going to result in a poor candidate being nominated from the Republicans or result in Trump running as an Independent. Either situation is bad news for the Republicans.

Me, I'd like to see us get BACK to a time when members of a political party were willing to negotiate with the other party to accomplish things instead of just bitching and whining for 8 years while using every trick in the book to prevent every piece of legislation and policy coming down the pipes from the other party from passing. I'm TIRED of worrying about government shutdowns every 6 months or so when the current bandaid that was passed at the last minute expires. Speaking of shutdowns, we have another one looming on the horizon.

I see the Republican party as the party that is preventing all of this from happening, and I see the majority of the candidates running for the GOP as all extensions of this same ideology that is dragging this country down. Trump included.

PS: I split posts up so as a way to make sure I address each of the person I'm talking to's points without missing any. If I don't do that, I have a tendency to miss them thanks to my ADD and the speed at which I type.
edit on 21-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Chris Christie was supposed to be the candidate that 'speaks his mind'. I like the fact that Trump is out-bullying the bully and is leading in the polls. The mainstream career politician, Christie, is nowhere to be found in the top ten.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Agreed, did he offer an actual plan about the vets though?

Genuinely asking in case I missed it.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

No he hasn't...He is an attention whore and the Right is playing into his macho sound bites. He has no plan except to expand his base of fan boys that feed him his daily dose of cult like adoration.

There are some Republicans that deserve attention with their ideas and solutions to the Nations problems. Trump isn't one of them.

His strategy is to divert attention from the serious candidates like Rand and....well, Rand is all I can think of at the moment.

Trump reminds me of the school yard sissy trying to appear like a tough guy. All hat, no cattle....

edit on 21-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Trump is saying what millions of legal Americans are thinking. Hes talking about what really matters not the crap Jeb Bush does "Americans need to work more" that's the answer to 1% destroying the middle class.

So far Trump the only one i would even think about voting for. Rand Paul too much of a flip flop, he loves Israel more than he does this country just like Sanders.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Agreed, did he offer an actual plan about the vets though?

Genuinely asking in case I missed it.

No plan...

Except he said a Veteran can go to any Doctor anywhere and anytime.

So, I do agree the Vets should get that at a minimum.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Every time he opens his mouth, he reiterates exactly why his is an incredibly poor choice as the next leader of this country. All blowhard, no substance, and no apparent aptitude for diplomacy . And all that with a incredibly limited understanding of how quickly Congress would unite to shut down "President Trump" if he were to somehow troll his way into office.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

No he hasn't...He is an attention whore and the Right is playing into his macho sound bites. He has no plan except to expand his base of fan boys that feed him his daily dose of cult like adoration.

There are some Republicans that deserve attention with their ideas and solutions to the Nations problems. Trump isn't one of them.

His strategy is to divert attention from the serious candidates like Rand and....well, Rand is all I can think of at the moment.

Trump reminds me of the school yard sissy trying to appear like a tough guy. All hat, no cattle....

Now it's Offical..

I'm having fun.

🍺

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007

So far Trump the only one i would even think about voting for. Rand Paul too much of a flip flop, he loves Israel more than he does this country just like Sanders.

Trump is the undisputed king of flip-flop...

Some of his background perhaps...

www.vox.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Does that include Bowe Bergdahl?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

No... Desertion pretty much exempts you from being a hero in my book. At that point, you never were a soldier in my eyes.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Let me ask you a question...

If Trump actually brings some attention to the massive corruption at the VA.

In spite of his clumsy words, something actually got done to fix the embarrassing VA.

Will not all of this be worth it ?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I agree to a point, would say more doe emergencies because of a patient load a doc would already have but hey that is another thread.

I am all for spending more on out vets, we spend billions to send them over but don't take care of them when they get back

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You said: "I'd be laughing too if it weren't for so many Americans taking him seriously and thinking he would actually FIX things.

Don't worry, be happy. Trump is "chump" bait for the white conservative, "we're gonna take our country back", over age 50 crowd. Trump only serves one purpose.....that's to lose to Bush in the primaries. When Bush gets the "nod" and is made the candidate by the monied, country club Republican bunch, the "Trumpers" or perhaps that should be caled "Trumpies" will get all bowed up and stay home on the day of the Presidential election, assuring Hillary of her necessary margin of victory.

The really odd thing to me in all of this is, (lets play a game here), "Where in the World is Ted Cruz?" Cruz was supposed to play Trumps role......but I haven't seen or heard a peep out of the guy in months. I had kind of assumed he'd fallen prey to an orchestrated MSM blackout, but even they can't erase some one entirely. Especially someone as controversial as Cruz. Strange business that.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
…But he received your criteria of being captured and receiving the Prisoner of War Medal….

Absolute statements are for kids silly rabbit.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Well, attention has already been BROUGHT to the corruption in the VA during Obama's Presidency, during Bush's Presidency, during Clinton's Presidency, etc. This has been an ongoing thing among Presidents for a while now. I don't see Trump fixing any of that if no REAL Presidents have been able to accomplish it to a satisfactory degree.
edit on 21-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Fair point. About Cruz, he's likely just waiting (or hoping) that Trump will drop out soon so he can retake his roll. He probably realizes that even HE isn't that fringe extreme and can't keep pace with his pandering to the fringe right like Trump does.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
He is an attention whore and the Right is playing into his macho sound bites. He has no plan except to expand his base of fan boys that feed him his daily dose of cult like adoration.

Completely agree. I can't believe ANYONE is seriously supporting him! He's such a joke! But he makes this part of election season fun! He'll keep insulting people and ideas and his popularity will crash.

Some Christians aren't going to be happy with what he said about asking God for forgiveness...

At the summit, moderator Frank Lutz asked Trump if he had ever sought God's forgiveness, and Trump responded "I'm not sure I have ever asked God's forgiveness. I don't bring God into that picture."

He mentioned Communion in his clarification when he said "When I go to church and when I drink my little wine and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of forgiveness.

Mmmm! Crackers!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Desertion is tantamount to treason. Picking out ONE extreme example to invalidate my point about Trump's comments about McCain as a POW is just a deflection. You know DAMN well what I was trying to get across and you are just nitpicking to try to catch me in a contradiction.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

You said: "I'd be laughing too if it weren't for so many Americans taking him seriously and thinking he would actually FIX things.

Don't worry, be happy. Trump is "chump" bait for the white conservative, "we're gonna take our country back", over age 50 crowd. Trump only serves one purpose.....that's to lose to Bush in the primaries. When Bush gets the "nod" and is made the candidate by the monied, country club Republican bunch, the "Trumpers" or perhaps that should be caled "Trumpies" will get all bowed up and stay home on the day of the Presidential election, assuring Hillary of her necessary margin of victory.

The really odd thing to me in all of this is, (lets play a game here), "Where in the World is Ted Cruz?" Cruz was supposed to play Trumps role......but I haven't seen or heard a peep out of the guy in months. I had kind of assumed he'd fallen prey to an orchestrated MSM blackout, but even they can't erase some one entirely. Especially someone as controversial as Cruz. Strange business that.

Spoiler Alert...

Spoiler Alert...

Do you always tell people how a movie ends ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join