It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump has Ripped Off the Chains of Political Correctness...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Trump has the GOP by the dangly bits, and they all know it.

At this rate, they'll have to give Trump the nomination and hope for the best. If they don't, he'll run as independent and basically assure a Dem victory by taking votes from the GOP for himself.

Their only hope is to crucify him in the media, which is what they're trying to do right now. Funny enough, it's kind of backfiring right now. People see the GOP scrambling to disgrace him, and they think "Boy, he must be doing something right to scare the GOP this much".

Well there always the "JFK" option.

Random nut cases with guns are found everywhere...... and Suicide common...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Yea Trump is really exposing the problems within the GOP by showing how they can't react to a REAL threat to their party instead of whining about manufacturing ones for the last seven years.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Trump has the GOP by the dangly bits, and they all know it.

At this rate, they'll have to give Trump the nomination and hope for the best. If they don't, he'll run as independent and basically assure a Dem victory by taking votes from the GOP for himself.

Their only hope is to crucify him in the media, which is what they're trying to do right now. Funny enough, it's kind of backfiring right now. People see the GOP scrambling to disgrace him, and they think "Boy, he must be doing something right to scare the GOP this much".

Well there always the "JFK" option.

Random nut cases with guns are found everywhere...... and Suicide common...
Trump has already amped up his security detail since old El Chapo put a hit out on him. Dunno if an assassination would be helpful anyway. You would have killed the man, but you'll have the strengthened the ideology he supports.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yea Trump is really exposing the problems within the GOP by showing how they can't react to a REAL threat to their party instead of whining about manufacturing ones for the last seven years.
I honestly hope Trump gets the GOP nod. Watching the rest of the GOP ninnies eat crow would be delicious by itself, not withstanding the fact that he'd have to run against either Clinton or Sanders. (neither of which would net an easy win)

My ideal runoff would be Trump Vs. Sanders.

Two candidates who basically give the middle finger to the establishment would be interesting to watch, even if I won't be a voter come November 2016.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
Trumps net worth has steadily risen for decades despite periodic setbacks and corporate bankruptcies .

Through government assistance. First of all, Donald Trump was the son of a wealthy real estate tycoon, went to private schools, and inherited $200 Million, which was made with the help of various government programs.

Exposing How Donald Trump Really Made His Fortune: Inheritance from Dad and the Government's Protection Mostly Did the Trick

In 1934, while struggling during the Great Depression, financing from the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) allowed Fred Trump to revive his business and begin building a multitude of homes in Brooklyn, selling at $6,000 apiece. Furthermore, throughout World War II, Fred Trump constructed FHA-backed housing for US naval personnel near major shipyards along the East Coast.

And when the economy failed, the government helped Trump out by bailing out the banks.

The survival of the company was made possible only by a bailout pact agreed upon in August of that same year by some 70 banks, allowing Trump to defer on nearly $1 billion in debt, as well as to take out second and third mortgages on almost all of his properties. If it were not for the collective effort of all banks and parties involved in that 1990 deal, Trump’s business would have gone bankrupt and failed.
From the moment of his birth, Trump was set up for success. The large inheritance left to him by his father, coupled with the contributions and the protections of society and the US government made his ascension to the Forbes 400 list almost inevitable. Nevertheless, Trump fails to recognize this phenomenon and continues to express his belief that he did it alone.

Yeah, I'm not sure he's the great businessman so many think he is... He's been very lucky and lied and cheated people on his way to the "top".
edit on 7/22/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I really don't see any situation developing where there will be a Republican victory myself. I just see this as a no-contest election for the Democrats. That is unless things DRASTICALLY change within the next year or so.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Agreed. Hillary is beating Jeb, even if there's no Independent run. If Trump runs as an independent, he'll take some Jeb votes and Hillary will wipe the floor with the competition (if she is the Dem candidate).

Go Bernie!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm not sure Bernie is going to beat out Hillary either though. Plus, I'm kind of afraid that he is as far left as many of the Republican candidates are far right. I want a moderate President, not a fringe one.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Trump told Dana Loesch of Blaze TV that he will not run as an Independent but only as a Republican.

So I guess you folks on other side can quit pipe dreaming about split votes taking HR to a win.

To be completely fair so can the establishment republicans.

edit on 22-7-2015 by Phoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2015 by Phoenix because: add comment

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Trump says he's going to "Make America Great Again".

Well, honestly can he do any worse ?

Is a lie from Hillary or Obama better than a lie from Trump ?

I know Politicians are lying when their lips are moving.

With Trump, I feel like there might be a .0001 % chance he is not lying.

Both Hillary and Jeb come from families full of pathological liars.
edit on 22-7-2015 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Well, honestly can he do any worse.

Never ask this question. Things can ALWAYS be worse, and you never want to find out how.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I guess it could get worse.

👍

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm not sure Bernie is going to beat out Hillary either though. Plus, I'm kind of afraid that he is as far left as many of the Republican candidates are far right. I want a moderate President, not a fringe one.

I want a complete overhaul of the U.S. political system, more than another "moderate" president.

Make lobbying illegal, for instance. You shouldn't be able to buy votes in congress.
Term limits for congressmen and senators would be nice too.
Putting a cap on campaign funds is another thing. Oh, and raising ANY money outside of an "official" campaign, to be used FOR that campaign should disqualify any candidate immediately. Unofficially running for office should be a disqualifying factor as well. FAR too many times in the leadup to this election season we saw politicians fundraising and making flowery speeches predicated on "IF I run". No, you're running. Don't lie to us just to skirt the already outlandish campaign finance rules.

I could go on, but I won't.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I like all those things, but I've yet to see a candidate get any support for supporting those things. Some of them are going to require alterations to the Constitution too (like term limits for Congress). If we can't get Congress to agree to pass a budget, do you think we can make it functional enough to get an Amendment going?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

No, he doesn't have to be.
He chooses to be.

Being tactful isn't about bowing down, it is just about doing so with out being an ass about it.

So saying the same thing, just with a bit of manners if you will.

The only thing that scares me is that people are falling for this con man like he is any better then the people we want to get out of DC.

That is scary.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I like all those things, but I've yet to see a candidate get any support for supporting those things. Some of them are going to require alterations to the Constitution too (like term limits for Congress). If we can't get Congress to agree to pass a budget, do you think we can make it functional enough to get an Amendment going?
A girl can dream, Krazy.

A girl can dream.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Can't fault you there hun.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
IF Trump doesn't get elected?!? There's no way in hell that clown will EVER get elected, to anything. He knows it, too. Otherwise he wouldn't be making the idiotic statements he is making. As has been said before, many times, this all just a performance designed to increase Trumps influence amoung those who are easily distracted by loud-mouthed arrogant billionaires who have absolutely no idea how to the President of the USA. But hey, whatever. The FOX'NEWS" crowd has to have something to cling to until the election gets here and the Democrat wins again, and again, and again....

One day though perhaps the GOP will realize that 1950's politics went out with the 1950s.

a reply to: whyamIhere

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm just going to leave this here ...

"Admit it: You People Want to See How Far This Goes, Don't You? - The Onion

by Donald Trump

The latest polls are out, and just as I predicted, I’m leading the Republican presidential race by a wide margin. You might be wondering how that could be. After all, it’s hardly been a month since I entered the field and I’ve already alienated America’s largest immigrant population, seen dozens of my high-profile business deals implode one after the other, and publicly insulted a national hero’s military service, all while not offering a single viable policy idea. But none of that matters at all, and my candidacy continues to surge forward, because none of you—not a single one of you—can look away. Not even for a second.

Admit it: You people want to see just how far this goes, don’t you?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Classic! Loved it!

How many articles have you read about Ted Cruz lately?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join