It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More anti-Muslim rhetoric courtesy of middle America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Love it or hate it, middle America has one upside down, inside out view of the Muslim faith and our need to associate Islam with terrorism.

"We know for a fact that Muslim mosques have been used as terrorist hideouts and centers for terrorist activities," farmer John Wilson

"We don't need bin Laden's cousins in our neighborhood." said Belinda Ghosheh

"Ladies and gentlemen, you may think this is farfetched, but that is what the Jewish people thought when the Nazis started taking a small foothold, a little at a time, in their community,"

Tenn. Muslims Face Resistance to Plans

If we can all pause and reflect for a moment, now concentrate on the daily anti-muslim rhetoric. How much do you hear from your peers and how does it effect you?

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
imo, certain people want this great religious war so that is why this type of talk is encouraged and found all over the place, even here.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
mosques in the middle east (and supposedly in london) have been used to recruit terrorists. I highly doubt you'd find that kind of activity in memphis.

the people quoted in that article are the same people that have stock piled duct tape and cower in fear when the gov't raises the terror alert level up one notch.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This is exactly what I mean by their need to create enemies in order to bond and motivate. Hate gets these like-minded people out of bed in the morning.

I mean, "Ladies and gentlemen, you may think this is farfetched, but that is what the Jewish people thought when the Nazis started taking a small foothold, a little at a time, in their community".

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Well the Muslim faith. Does prompt, kidnappings, terrorism, beheadings, killing of none muslims and can't live side by side with anything else but it's self.

It simply is terrorist mentality of an ideology.

If nation's want to support it, and allow it to practiced and preached in their nation. Then the death's commited by the muslim's in their nation. The blood is on the government's hand's.

Why doesn't american's government and the european government support nazisim? Why doesn't bush state nazism is peaceful ideology and we should be tolrent? Because bull# walk's and oil talks.

The reality is if the arab's had no oil. The world wouldn't allow such a hateful dangerous ideology be practiced on civised nations.

In away allowing islam to be practived is sign of respect to arab culture. But only because of oil.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
mosques in the middle east (and supposedly in london) have been used to recruit terrorists. I highly doubt you'd find that kind of activity in memphis.

the people quoted in that article are the same people that have stock piled duct tape and cower in fear when the gov't raises the terror alert level up one notch.

Mosques in London do seem to have been used to recruit terrorists, the Finsbury park Mosque in London was raided not too long ago by anti terrorist Police. The Mosque in question then stopped the Cleric in question, Abu Hamza, preaching inside so he took his sermons* outside.
We allowed him to do this because as a Nation we respect a persons right to free speech. Then when the Anti terrorist guys got enough evidence together we arrested him and threw him in the slammer.

*See recruitment speeches and incitement to violence.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
I mean, "Ladies and gentlemen, you may think this is farfetched, but that is what the Jewish people thought when the Nazis started taking a small foothold, a little at a time, in their community".

Exactly. These are the same words, echoed every day here on ATS, comparing Bush and his policies with Hitler and Nazism. Same mentality at work.:shk:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Well the Muslim faith. Does prompt, kidnappings, terrorism, beheadings, killing of none muslims and can't live side by side with anything else but it's self.

It simply is terrorist mentality of an ideology.

If nation's want to support it, and allow it to practiced and preached in their nation. Then the death's commited by the muslim's in their nation. The blood is on the government's hand's.

Why doesn't american's government and the european government support nazisim? Why doesn't bush state nazism is peaceful ideology and we should be tolrent? Because bull# walk's and oil talks.

The reality is if the arab's had no oil. The world wouldn't allow such a hateful dangerous ideology be practiced on civised nations.

In away allowing islam to be practived is sign of respect to arab culture. But only because of oil.

For almost any command to kill you could find in the Koran you could find one in the bible. Its just more Muslims take there holy book word for word than christens. Thankfully most people of both religions realise these commands a product of a different time.

May I remind you that the bible says to burn down an entire village if there is one non-believer there and to stone to death any one who works on the Sabbath (which is Saturday so all christens).
Also don�t forget marry would have been about 12( I tell you this as evidence of a different time).

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
jso, go back and read the first post, and perhaps the whole article. The speaker of that quote was referring to the arabs, not the people or our gov't.

it never ceases to amaze me how the anti-bush folks can turn anything into anti-bush spin.

the tailor screwed up my coat. somehow this is that hitler-esque bush's fault.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thinker, maybe you need to do what your name suggests. NONE of the things you listed are promoted by the Muslim faith, they are only promoted by vicious extremist. Its like saying the IRA were only following the path their faith demanded. No. They were murdering thugs, as are Muslim extremists. If you can keep this distinction in mind it may prevent ignorance from taking over.

One of the central edicts of the Muslim faith is the you shall NOT take a life, funny how this always gets overlooked when the faith is blamed rather than the nutters.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm a Christian so you know what I think of Islam.

Still, we're supposed to have religious freedom, right?

Did you know that a recent Cornell poll showed that 44% of Americans think Arab-Americans' civil liberties should be curtailed? And of that number, most are religious and Republican. Hm--that's doesn't surprise me!

Tell you what, I'm a conservative Christian, but I recognize that people have the constitutional right to practice whatever religion, and I don't believe in curtailing ANY American's constitutional rights, no matter what they believe! :bash:

As for the 44%, just who do they think they are!?

top topics

join