It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tut is pretty good

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Sure, you won't see too much in the way of historical accuracy, but it's done really well.

Some of the acting is great, some, not so much, but the sets are incredible. Some costuming could be better, but when something should be ornate, they do a great job of it.

Story is really good though. Only trouble is that it is hard to root for someone, as most everyone has done some horrible things. And of course, history already blows the ending...i.e. Tut's fate.

Definitely worth the watch though....

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Thanks Gaz, I have it PVR'd and going to watch the pilot this evening.

I figured the history would be pretty lax, but I'm glad to hear there's some decent production value.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
3 nights, I think 2 hrs each night. Last 2 hours is tonight.
Binge-watched both last night, so looking forward to tonight's conclusion.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I was actually bored to tears the acting was exceptionally bad and the dialog?? wow!! the only saving grace was couple of gratuitous nude scenes from the back, not even Alexander Siddig and Ben Kingsley could have saved it, then there is the whole casting thing which I won't get into much, but why are the Mittani royals Blacks?? and Tut and fam Indian?? ..if tonite's episode isn't better within 10 mins I am flipping chan.
edit on 21-7-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Tut's acting (and his sister/wife) were probably the only ones that were actually poor (but given they are the main characters). Kingsley did a good job, as did the general, high priest (Alexander), etc.

Were some pretty good semi-nude scenes. I think they pushed that as far as they could given the channel.

Have to admit the sets were amazing though.

I do like the story elements, so I can overlook many things. As for the Indian vs. Black angle, might as well get on them for everyone in Egypt having an English accent. Some things, you just gotta do for the medium.....

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Tut's acting (and his sister/wife) were probably the only ones that were actually poor (but given they are the main characters). Kingsley did a good job, as did the general, high priest (Alexander), etc.

Were some pretty good semi-nude scenes. I think they pushed that as far as they could given the channel.

Have to admit the sets were amazing though.

I do like the story elements, so I can overlook many things. As for the Indian vs. Black angle, might as well get on them for everyone in Egypt having an English accent. Some things, you just gotta do for the medium.....

Ok second episode was a wee but better but not by much they had my attention when Tut walked in and stabbed the dude who was doing his sister wife..yuck! will go on to see the 3rd, to be fair I was comparing it to Game of Thrones, Rome the series and Sparticus.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Having seen the third one too, I think it definitely gets better each night. Some of the subtle nods are pretty good, such as how he walks with a clubbed foot, and the leg injury. Historically, I seriously doubt he was actually in any of the battles (don't typically see folks walking with a cane on the battlefield).

They do a good job with the wrap up, and history lesson of what happened after.

While Mummy movie fans may recognize Tut's wife's name, the film actually just used the names, as Imhotep lived long before Ankhesenamun. In history, Imhotep wasn't cursed, just the opposite, he was eventually made a god, and he was basically the DaVinci of ancient Egypt. Sorry for the diversion, big Imhotep fan, so hate to see any misconceptions.

new topics

top topics

join