It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be considered real evidence of life after death here on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Check your private messages.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

That can be read as if you are the person, and am saying to them "as long as you're going to suicide then let's try an after-death communication experiment". If so, please call that portion off and tell them so, don't give them a chance to follow through with the expectation of "helping mankind". As for depression and other things, please check if they are drinking enough water, or any at all (many people are so dehydrated that it can be read out as depression, and most people are just dehydrated). I wish you luck, and it's good that you're concerned enough to help these folks.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
We already know what happens to us after death. We rot. No experiments necessary as we already have all the data.

XL5

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Proof for me would be a schematic of some device that taps unknown and vast energy from another dimension. You can test something like that. I personally don't care if I have not done anything good for the world, I don't owe the world or its people anything. Maybe just having children is payment enough.

That said, god may need to be forgiven.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

They feel they have not contributed anything of great importance in their life, so they want to in death. By that they would like to try to communicate if anything, exists on the other side.

Its pretty apparent that from the other side nothing can be changed or communicated back odds are 99.999999999 to .0000000001 at best . They should concentrate on changing things on this side and alive.

I have a family member that his father and uncle both committed suicide. I can tell you that its selfish act ,irresponsible, and can destroy the remaining family members. If they are trying to get back at a spouse the worst thing they can do is suicide which is the nuclear option that destroys all including children and other family members.

Also its apparent that its a new transition in their life and any new transition is hard at the beginning. However, we adapt and eventually become at peace with the transition and once we accept it , it becomes the normal again and it doesn't appear that bad any longer. They owe it to themselves to make it past the transition.

Best of luck to your friends. Its sounds like your friends contemplating about the after life would be a good asset to ATS.

If they are truly wanting to understand the after life I would suggest enrolling in a local college and taking classes in physics and paying close attention to how energy and forces work. The answer to the after life is in science. They don't have to get a degree and I would suggest maybe one class at a time. It could be refreshing for them to learn in pursuit of the answer and a great positive source to keep busy and challenge themselves past this transition.

edit on 06731America/ChicagoTue, 21 Jul 2015 09:06:24 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
going off topic, but isn't the term "life after death" an oxymoron or verbal irony?

I would prefer "existence after death", but even that is problematic. . . any suggestions?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Most people I know of in their fifties, find life much more exhilarating than when they were younger and struggling, and scraping for everything. It doesn't make much sense unless there is some special consideration to be taken into account, if so I apologise in advance.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Most people I know of in their fifties, find life much more exhilarating than when they were younger and struggling, and scraping for everything. It doesn't make much sense unless there is some special consideration to be taken into account, if so I apologise in advance.

I guess it all depends on your definition of exhilarating. When I was 24, I white-water rafted down the Cheat River in WV. That was exhilarating. When I was younger and struggling, and scraping for everything, looking back that was fun and provided a life challenge. Having money and being comfortable later in life doesn't always equal happiness.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
you guys have it all wrong this is life after death.

in the bible jesus says "I know you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead."
What if we were already dead? truly to realize that this life is like a dream and you become lucid must be what enlightenment is all about.

to die in one universe and stay alive in another, much like being Schrodinger's cat.
That may very well be what life after death is all about.

Theres a chance that we exist on a multiversal level, with alternate versions of ourselves in alternate versions of reality.

To die in this universe and wake up in another one is much like what is called "Quantum Jumping."
or its much like "Dreaming."
edit on 21-7-2015 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

There is no way to prove life after death. I myself have had a near-death experience and even that was only something that me and the people involved can authenticate as a true experience. Telling you I had one still does not offer quantifiable proof.

That being said, it is not intended to be proven. The spirit knows the truth. What other people suppose does not matter, but the taking of one's life to speed up the process of "knowing" does not validate one way or the other the existence of "life after death".

For the record, death is an abstract construct used to explain the end of this life and the feelings we have when another soul transcends this human condition. What happens to the vessel? It dissipates. What happens to the energy? It relocates. Two very different actions.

The evolutionary process of your spirit being can only be regressed by trying to speed it up.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 21-7-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: igor_ats
going off topic, but isn't the term "life after death" an oxymoron or verbal irony?

Like 'day after night'?

Nope. How so?

An oxymoron is a figure of speech which juxtaposes two apparently contradictory ideas to give a more subtle one. If however the ideas, however contradictory, are logically related via a preposition (like 'after', for example), then it's merely a phrase. In this example, 'life' and 'death' are not juxtaposed but are related via 'after'.

'Lively death' and 'deathly life' would be oxymorons/oxymora.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

originally posted by: igor_ats

Like 'day after night'?

Nope. How so?

An oxymoron is a figure of speech which juxtaposes two apparently contradictory ideas to give a more subtle one. If however the ideas, however contradictory, are logically related via a preposition (like 'after', for example), then it's merely a phrase. In this example, 'life' and 'death' are not juxtaposed but are related via 'after'.

'Lively death' and 'deathly life' would be oxymorons/oxymora.

Very well said, you can also think along the lines that "death" is not an absence of life but an absents of detectable life, there are many thing we can detect today that people did not know existed 200 years ago, so "life after death" could just be life in a form we have not detected yet.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

It is my belief that we choose our life contract before being born. We choose all the different situations, pain, happiness, etc. that helps us learn the lessons we came to learn.
It seems U is about to go down a journey completely unlike anything they are used to... the unknown. The unknown can be quite terrifying when we have no idea of what lies ahead. Just remember U chose this, and if U decides to end the contract early, U will have to come back and do it all over again... from the beginning.

I would strongly suggest that U find a good, reputable hypnotist and do a past-life regression.
There are answers there as to why U is experiencing this, and I feel the answer needs to be investigated further.

I've heard so many people tell that there was a time they complicated suicide, but toughed it out just a little longer. During that time, something wonderful happened to them. They were so happy they didn't go through with it, or they would never have realized the joy they felt in their present day.

Suicide is never the answer, no matter what your beliefs. Life is a precious GIFT, and should not be disposed of like an old rag. It should be treated as the awesome learning experience it was meant to be.

I'm in my later fifties now, and it isn't that bad. Dang if I'm going to get this far and have to come back for a redo! LOL I'm too close to the finish line to quit now!

Life is full of surprises. Tell U to stick around for a few more. They're on their way.

Oh, and ask U if he/she wants her/his grandchildren to grow up never knowing them? Having to tell their friends that their Grandparent committed suicide?
Does U not want to experience the joy that a new baby can bring into their life? I don't have any grandchildren yet, but all my siblings do, and they all say it is even better than having their own kids.

U still has too much to do to leave just yet. Make sure they get this message.

edit on 7/23/2015 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735

U got the message(s) loud and clear and agrees with your assessment of the here and now. U is in the process of coming back.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join