It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car rental services you kow in Finland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Hi everybody! I'm gonna fly to Finland in a week. Have somebody ever rented a car over there? My friend told to try some application for my phone so I could find a car anywhere. I checked this one itunes.apple.com... s=1&mt=8, it has a huge base of car rental services through the USA and Europe. May be u guys can advice me somedifferent apps? Or say about some company in Finland where I'll ba able to rent a car. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Hi Robs.

I travel quite alot around the world (especially Europe and surrounding continents) and often use rental cars when getting around my destination.

You can try Sixt : www.sixt.com...

Sixt is pretty cheap and reliable in case of any problems such as breakdowns etc etc...

Forget about Rent a car as they have a pretty crap customer service and you will find yourself in deep faecal matter when stuck in the middle of nowhere.

Hope this helps and if you have the possibility you MUST go and vist the central market square in Helsinki and even ask some of the local fishermen if they can take you to certain beaches where you can find Amber on the shores... You need to keep your eyes open though and also don't forget to bring warm clothing and eye blinders for those long (White) nights.

Let us know how things went and pics would be lovely.

Kindest respects

Nibs
edit on 21-7-2015 by Nibbles because: Crap editing

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Nibbles

You can rent a car from any airport, or use the big names in car rental ( they all speak English). You cannot pay cash, take the best insurance you can get as it helps a lot if something happens. The Finnish police are very very trust worthy so you dont need to worry about that, but DO NOT try to bribe them.. If you need any more info you can PM me but you can get all info online in English.
edit on 21-7-2015 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
www.europcar.com...
www.sixt.com...
www.scandiarent.fi...
Here are some rentals, I advise you to stay with the big firms as there will be less trouble, check what sort of contract is best for you as well as what sort of car you want. Petrol is about 1.50euro a litre. Take good notice of the speed limits as the fines can be quite high, some of the higher fines are based on a percentage of your wage, remember speed is shown in KPH not MPH. City and town centers can have very low speed limits 30-40kph. Check this out for road signs.
portal.liikennevirasto.fi...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

You can rent a car from any airport, or use the big names in car rental ( they all speak English). You cannot pay cash, take the best insurance you can get as it helps a lot if something happens. The Finnish police are very very trust worthy so you dont need to worry about that, but DO NOT try to bribe them. Nibbles is just talking BS,so dont listen to him. If you need any more info you can PM me but you can get all info online in English.

I beg your pardon????

What has BS have to do with what I have posted?

Did you even look at the link I provided before going into a personal attack? You do not even know me and you start judging and using unsavoury comments...

All legal information can be found for anyone going to Finland on that particular website here : www.sixt.com...

And for more legal information for road users in Finland this is also quite handy :

www.visitfinland.com...

And for driving :

www.visitfinland.com...

wikitravel.org...

For heavens sake, I was just simply replying to Robs request as per my own 25 years experience travelling around Europe...

Glad that you got an intellectual erection if this makes your day better.

What is wrong with you???

Kindest respects

Nibbles
edit on 21-7-2015 by Nibbles because: Grrrr... But never mind

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Sorry BS was too strong of a word to use, I shall remove it.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Thank u guys for all your advices! Sure it will be usefull for me!
Appreciate!

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So sad. there is no normal anwer about rental..

posted on Oct, 6 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2022 @ 02:29 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 12 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Are the bots all attracted to each other?

posted on Jul, 7 2023 @ 03:58 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

join