It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

through hell and back, an American story of an ATSer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick
Glad you made it through John. Trust me, for that member, seeing you doing well is all the thanks needed. I have been on both the receiving and the giving end, and I'm very thankful I've seen both extremes. It helps to strike a balance in us. It doesn't matter how much we argue and fight on here, we're all in this together.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Welcome back! There is no family quite like our ATS family to help us through our darkest hours. HUGS!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Glad to see you back, and glad you are back on your feet, too! Know how bad things can get, and hoe much help can mean (or a lack thereof). Thanks, to whoever it was that helped.

Had a bit of that myself, some time back. Bad situation, no help from almost anyone we knew (save one old friend), and got a little from another ATS person. Well, maybe former, not sure there. Still, know how much that can mean!

Stuff like this is why I love ATS.

Again, glad to see you back!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
So your life was screwed up and your first thought is to return to pointless online nonsense.

I love the forum but if my life was fubar it would be the last thing on my mind.

Maybe worry more about building a castle then simply getting ground level.
edit on 23-7-2015 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
So your life was screwed up and your first thought is to return to pointless online nonsense.

I love the forum but if my life was fubar it would be the last thing on my mind.

Maybe worry more about building a castle then simply getting ground level.

Yeah, what human being would ever think of social interaction and community, even for a second? Please tell me you were trying (and failing) to be funny with that post. Either way, its in my "Bottom 5 posts since 2010.*

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There is a new type of movement that I see settling in to our culture. It is one that believes that personal recognition for good deeds is totally unnecesary, and even detrimental, to creating a better world. Motivations remain a bit more pure.

I sure hope it continues to grow! And I hope the same for you johnwick.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

that's amazing. Yet, somehow, doesn't surprise me...

Glad things are on the uptick.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
LOts of amazing humans on ATS.

Continued good luck to you OP.
edit on 7/25/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Welcome back! and what a great read. I am so pleased life is clicking into place for you.
We have to bumps and as you said, ATS can keep us connected when we feel like hiding in a hole and never coming out.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That is amazing.

I'm glad to here you are doing well. I have definitely been broke, hungry, unemployed and know how much it sucks.

I was lucky I got hired by someone who was willing to train me in a new skill and have been able to make my life a little better.

I look forward to future discussions with you and certain we will cross words.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join