It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN predicts 9.0 earthquake in bay area, california

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: concerned190

Just another glitch in the Matrix? Or maybe another fishing hook for us all to bite at. I think the later.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
And the countdown begins... backwards.

Just when you thought these conspiracies didn't get even sillier.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist

And so it begans. . . .

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well there was a 4.0 in Fremont CA this morning, with lots of aftershocks.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ZenTam

That's true

www.usatoday.com...

And it was 11 days off... the number 11 though

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

That's true

www.usatoday.com...

And it was 11 days off... the number 11 though

Is there meaning behind the number 11?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I saw Fremont had the earthquake and thought of this thread from last night. Coincidence? I'm sure it is but still pretty strange.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The San Andreas fault isnt even capable of producing a 9.0 if I'm not mistaken. Please ATS correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I just put what the video said in the title. I wasn't thinking it's was predicting an earthquake on the 10th. I was just thinking it was a premature ticker line and they have it prepared for whenever they make it happen.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevenjames15
The San Andreas fault isnt even capable of producing a 9.0 if I'm not mistaken. Please ATS correct me if I'm wrong.

Its not the San Andreas fAult that will produce the big one. It's this www.intellihub.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Thebel

The fault we have to worry about is further north. San Andreas' maximum is only in the low 8's. The Cascadia subduction zone on the other hand doesn't really have an upper limit. Seattle, Portland, well all of western Oregon really, and Vancouver will be the hardest hit. I think the Bay area might get a little shaking but not much. LA wouldn't feel anything from it.

Here is a report(PDF file) by CREW(Cascadia Region Earthquake Workgroup), detailing a possible scenario of a 9.0 hitting the Cascadia subduction zone.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: concerned190
a reply to: Nyiah

So you think they just have ticker lines for all scenarios just ready? Theres alot of # that they would have to have ready. Plus it gave a magnitute. Plus there's this.www.intellihub.com...

You mean like broadcasters having reports ready for the deaths of various celebrities and politicians?
You do know all the major broadcasters already have specials ready to go for various scenarios, right?

And it's not exactly unpredictable that California is due a large EQ. The USGS and all those in the field have been talking about this for years, everyone is just waiting for it to happen.

We're going on the most plausible explanations here, aren't we?
Which is more likely, that somehow someone at CNN "predicted" a 9.0 EQ? Or they already have a prepared news alert for something they already KNOW is going to happen?

All they need to do is change the number accordingly and be ready to hit the button.

This is a non-story. They have various headlines for breaking news ready to go, and someone hit the wrong button. There is no conspiracy, no mystery and no psychic powers involved here, just someone not paying attention to their job.
edit on 21-7-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Thebel

Yeah, but San Andreas isn't supposed to be capable of a 9.0.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

These conspiracies can always get sillier, someone will be along any moment to alert us all of the latest warning from Alex Jones about the latest FEMA camp and the plan for "Martial Law!!!!!!1111111"

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Oh please. There is HUGE difference between an entire produced segment and short line of typed text. It makes no sense to have an entire database of typed lines of text when you can just make them to order on the spot. Seriously, how slow do you think people type?

The only possible reason to keep a ready made database would if they REALLY do make the news. I didn't think you were that kind of conspiracy theorist.

Contrast that with a ready made news segment that they would air when someone dies. Of course you know a former president (for example) will die, so you just work up a produced segment with generalize biographical information and maybe touch it up, but you can't create it on the fly like you just type up a headline.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The Hayward Fault is one that is watched very closely in the Bay Area.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Not to mention the local Walmart turn into a battlezone or something for Jade Helm :/

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Well this is odd... A doom thread for a date that passed 11 days ago... I'm not sure, but I THINK we are in the clear here. Let me go run some more tests and get back to you though.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh please. There is HUGE difference between an entire produced segment and short line of typed text. It makes no sense to have an entire database of typed lines of text when you can just make them to order on the spot. Seriously, how slow do you think people type?

The only possible reason to keep a ready made database would if they REALLY do make the news. I didn't think you were that kind of conspiracy theorist.

Contrast that with a ready made news segment that they would air when someone dies. Of course you know a former president (for example) will die, so you just work up a produced segment with generalize biographical information and maybe touch it up, but you can't create it on the fly like you just type up a headline.

That is right. I wonder if anyone has looked into how the tickers are handled Vs. pre made obits, etc.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join