It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White house flags not flown at half staff after chatanooga shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I say fly the flag at half mast until the US deficit is paid off; the whole country is dying.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Not Just "White" but also active military. That idea is even more abhorrent to the current CIC than any other factor, the White House was Last of the federal government to lower the flag.

I'm a former active duty Marine, but I would never have signed up under these circumstances.

if your boss doesn't respect you, you look for another job.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

Not Just "White" but also active military. That idea is even more abhorrent to the current CIC than any other factor, the White House was Last of the federal government to lower the flag.

I'm a former active duty Marine, but I would never have signed up under these circumstances.

if your boss doesn't respect you, you look for another job.

I'm sure you won't be respected BECAUSE of your race. Instead, you will be vilified. Good luck!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Ya it is so hard being white, I don't know how we all do it.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: concerned190
So, the flags were not lowered to half staff following the recent shootings in Tennesse. They were lowered after all the other shootings. Heres is snopes explination. Conspiracy or no?
m.snopes.com...

oh....they were lowered, you're wrong.....another right-wing attack that turned into bulls**t....are you crazy nutball right-wingers going to get the message...here on ATS, we call out your lies....please go to the insane right-wing websites you feel comfortable with....there you will find many brothers in your hate of Obama, and you will feel warm and cozy all over.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: concerned190
a reply to: MrsMartha

I think I read somewhere he was golfing. So yeah.

Obama has spent no more time golfing than Bush spent mowing the lawn on his Texas ranch. Obama doesn't have to fly to Texas to golf. That is just not relevant.

Compared to IKE who has spent more time on the golf course Ike or Barry?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Everything I've read in the flag code indicates that the flag has no mandatory directive to be flown at half mast for the death of Service Members, reason and type of killer doesn't matter.

We can whine and bash Obama and the WH administration all we want, but they're doing nothing wrong--according to the code--by not lowering the flag.

Of course, I think it'd be a wonderful reminder to the nation and to those visiting our capitol to lower the flags to half mast every time a Service Member is killed in the line of duty--we need to be reminded as to how many lives are being lost in service of the country at any given time. Maybe it would serve as a reminder to get our troops home and quite having them die for other countries.

My two cents--and yes, I'm a veteran.

I'm a veteran too. I'm on board with you when you say that we don't need to half mast every time a service member is killed in Afghanistan or training accident or even suicide, the flag would never be flown at the top. This case is different however. They weren't killed in a war zone where they had a chance to fight back, their plane didn't crash, they didn't take their own life, they were gunned down helplessly on US soil by a radical Muslim. And the first thing Obama told them was that it was their fault for wearing their uniform. And if he's gonna lower the flag for some washed up crackhead who killed herself, then he had better do it for the men he is ultimately in charge of. The fact that it took national calling out and ridicule fromCongress for something that seems like common sense and a military tradition he should be aware of didn't help his cause.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

And the first thing Obama told them was that it was their fault for wearing their uniform.

Oh really? That was the first thing Obama told them?

Got a video or a transcript of that?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
I'm a veteran too. I'm on board with you when you say that we don't need to half mast every time a service member is killed in Afghanistan or training accident or even suicide, the flag would never be flown at the top. This case is different however. They weren't killed in a war zone where they had a chance to fight back, their plane didn't crash, they didn't take their own life, they were gunned down helplessly on US soil by a radical Muslim. And the first thing Obama told them was that it was their fault for wearing their uniform. And if he's gonna lower the flag for some washed up crackhead who killed herself, then he had better do it for the men he is ultimately in charge of. The fact that it took national calling out and ridicule fromCongress for something that seems like common sense and a military tradition he should be aware of didn't help his cause.

I would argue that there is a reason that they didn't have a chance to fight back, and it's not because they weren't in a war zone.

But I get your point, and I agree to a point.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join