It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White house flags not flown at half staff after chatanooga shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
So, the flags were not lowered to half staff following the recent shootings in Tennesse. They were lowered after all the other shootings. Heres is snopes explination. Conspiracy or no?
m.snopes.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
They should definitely be at half staff.

If they are taking the stance that the Marines and sailor died in the line of duty they are really dropping the ball.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Whitney Houston more important than 5 military.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
During the Government shutdown when they increased the debt limit families and charities had to pass the hat to fly the dead home this administration has a disgusting record in matters like these

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Obama didn't do that, if you read the article you would have known that.

No reasons to spread lies.

That was Chris Christie that did that.

A meme from previous years that was widely recirculated after the Chattanooga shootings falsely claimed that President Obama had ordered flags to be flown at half-staff following the 2012 death of singer Whitney Houston. That actions was actually a decision made at the state level by New Jersey governor Chris Christie.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
These service members were unarmed&murdered on US soil the flag should be lowered to half staff in honor of their lives. Did Obama forget?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MrsMartha

I think I read somewhere he was golfing. So yeah.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: concerned190

No conspiracy to me after reading several online articles(big thread on Reddit bout it), but the inconsistency in regards to previous similar events leaves me wondering. Are the shootings in Tennessee different in some way to the WH?

If there's been a miscommunication or snafu in the WH, correct it and address it. Ignore it or try to explain away the oversight and it's another bash Obama feed fest.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo
a reply to: concerned190

No conspiracy to me after reading several online articles(big thread on Reddit bout it), but the inconsistency in regards to previous similar events leaves me wondering. Are the shootings in Tennessee different in some way to the WH?

If there's been a miscommunication or snafu in the WH, correct it and address it. Ignore it or try to explain away the oversight and it's another bash Obama feed fest.

That's what I was thinking, why is this different to the WH than similar events.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
These shootings and tragic deaths could not be used for his agenda....

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
Whitney Houston more important than 5 military.

Chris Christie lowered the NJ state flag for Whitney Houston, who was born in Newark.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: concerned190
a reply to: MrsMartha

I think I read somewhere he was golfing. So yeah.

Obama has spent no more time golfing than Bush spent mowing the lawn on his Texas ranch. Obama doesn't have to fly to Texas to golf. That is just not relevant.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: concerned190
So, the flags were not lowered to half staff following the recent shootings in Tennesse. They were lowered after all the other shootings. Heres is snopes explination. Conspiracy or no?
m.snopes.com...

I wish they would give an explanation, but I don't think it's a conspiracy, it's not a secret.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

No worries we will do it for them .

Pic of my brother in-law at his fathers house ,pulled it from FB with the title saying "Mine are at half staff , what about yours DC ?"

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrsMartha
These service members were unarmed&murdered on US soil the flag should be lowered to half staff in honor of their lives. Did Obama forget?

So your saying they did not die in the line of duty and thus should not get the additional benefits for their families this would bring? It is not a matter of forgetting it is a matter of doing what is best for the families. Maybe you forget the problems after the Fort Hood shootings when the did lower the flags only to find out the were screwing the families and the problems it caused to fix that. These men will recognized as being killed in the line of duty and be awarded all the benefits that comes with. You would prefer that not be the case and this just be a mass murder, lower the flags so they get nothing I suppose?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

No worries we will do it for them .

Pic of my brother in-law at his fathers house ,pulled it from FB with the title saying "Mine are at half staff , what about yours DC ?"

That is a nice thought. But that is really an incredible number of flags and flagpoles for a house.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It is kind of odd. They did it for Boston, for Newton, for Oak Creek, for Aurora, Ft Hood, Washington Navy Yard. That line of duty speculation is BS, and to me, even more of a reason to show this kind of respect.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
All the shooting victims were white.

Just saying.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Something about the Chatanooga events must not be in their calculus.

The Obama Administration is not a consistent organization.

They pick and choose depending on the conflicting issues and agendas involved.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
the Absence of showing a sorrowful respect to the slain military personnel... is in a very real way giving ISIS a moral support and a Nod...

i.e,: the WH just does not regard the military personnel targeted in the homeland as engaged in a era of conflict...
the WH insists there is no Radical Militants/terrorists of Islam, but the 5 coffins say otherwise, huh

at least that's how I see things

ADD. the first reactions seem to be stationed armed sentinels at all military recruitment centers...Obama wins once again, in transforming the USA into a 3rd world country with armed MPs patrolling streets...and I guarantee the WH will use this act to launch a invigorated gun confiscation program...or at least keeping armed civilians out of zones around military venues as they do with school and other sensitive zones in all municipalities

(lets see if Trump says issue more concealed carry permits, and seize instead all Mosques as breeding grounds for radicalizing the individual Muslim to Jihad... instead of the failed policy by Obama to seize guns and to deny radical Jihad murders even exist in the USA...)

Uh Oh...drifting too far (almost) from the thread topic

edit on st31143748967321412015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join