It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminist: Not Allowing Your Wife to Have Sex With Other Men is Sexist.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Okay so these kinds of relationships and all sorts of other so-called unconventional relationships have been going on for centuries, if not millenia, if not since the dawn of time, and some guy writes one article and puts a new label on it, maybe out of self-rationalization, maybe to just sell a story, possibly because he might even believe it, and it's a thing now? An attack on marriage? Something to judge, fear, criticize, or comment on? An evil plot. Mkay.
edit on 7/20/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: amazing
So this is one guy and one guy's view of marriage and feminism.

I'm a feminist, in the original sense of the word in that I fight for equality. Women are equal to men in all things except in most cases size and strength.

I wouldn't get upset with this guys view. He doesn't represent most or any guy I know or have ever known.

I don't think the issue is being upset with an individual's opinion as much as it is an agenda by a major media carrier to pose this opinion as a growing trend and if you don't agree, then you are somehow an anti-feminist or not 'progressive' enough.

link   
I suppose someone has to mention Ashley Madison, right? What with the news and all.
I almost spelt it Asholey...erm...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

originally posted by: amazing
So this is one guy and one guy's view of marriage and feminism.

I'm a feminist, in the original sense of the word in that I fight for equality. Women are equal to men in all things except in most cases size and strength.

I wouldn't get upset with this guys view. He doesn't represent most or any guy I know or have ever known.

I don't think the issue is being upset with an individual's opinion as much as it is an agenda by a major media carrier to pose this opinion as a growing trend and if you don't agree, then you are somehow an anti-feminist or not 'progressive' enough.

As anyone who follows me here knows, I do lean to the left, which would seem to be the audience they are catering to. I have no qualms in telling this guy he's nuts or disagreeing with this stance though. I just don't think an article like this will carry much weight in the scheme of things.

link   
a reply to: Konduit

Progressives.

Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em, but if they're married. . . . giggidy.

link   
a reply to: Konduit

Whatever floats Michaels (and his wifes) boat I suppose, but I bet my wife would be devastated if I came home and bragged about the shag-fest I've just partaken in, again, for the 2nd time this week and 4th time this month.

You see Michael, just like coffee and seafood - it's not for everybody that likes eating or drinking or being married.

So, Mike, I'm happy for you and your wife, because you are doing something that makes you both happy and apparently harms no-one else.

As for me, I will stick with the love of my life and we will continue to share our sexuality exclusively between ourselves - just as we pledged to do, and just as both of us want to - because that is what makes us both happy.

Does that now make me a realist and Michael a sexist for discriminating against my sexual preference?

Love and happiness comes in all shapes and sizes.

link   
I dated a feminist in college by accident who was pretty tolerable for the most part but she did believe that oral sex was degrading...for her to perform...however...she had no problem asking me to do it. I said its cool if you just dont like it...nope..she said it was specifically degrading to women.

Funny part was she cheated on me early on and we worked through it all...then cheated on me again later when I was deployed and I left her. She took every belonging in the house that could have been considered mutual property while I was deployed.
edit on 20-7-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Yeah, that supreme Court Ruling really messed things up for Marriage....
edit on 20-7-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Yeah, that supreme Court Ruling really messed things up for Marriage....

It's all your fault Darth. Look what you and your friends have caused now.

link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Howdy,

Can you clarify how a ruling on the legality of homosexual marriages between two people is at all linked to this instance of an open marriage (which has existed since before said ruling anyway)? What is the causal link between that and this?

Sincere regards,
Hydeman

Edit: Nevermind. Missed the sarcasm flag.
edit on 20-7-2015 by hydeman11 because: (no reason given)

link   
Oh yea, that would be great honey please bring home some STD's, some genital warts and a side of crabs. Are people really this dumb? But if it floats your boat and doesn't hurt anyone, whatever I guess. As for me, no thanks I'll pass.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
No, sexist is telling men and women what their proper relationship to their spouse should be.

Whatever two people agree to do with each other is fine- even if it's something incredibly kinky such as gathering your friends and family to watch you take a lifelong vow to obey certain sexual restrictions and give up your independence to stay with your partner.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I thought adultery was against the law, or is that just Biblical? Anyway, I couldn't allow something like this. Sounds like this guy is really bad in bed and he knows it. I'm only sharing if I'm in on it.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Feminist bashing click bait?

The fact some guy posted stuff online about his open marriage and called it ''feminism'' should be seen for that which it is and it isn't feminism, it is as has been clearly said an open marriage.

Feminism is about equality for women, equal pay, equal rights etc it isn't about extra marital relationships.

Are there any real feminist groups demanding this? It is unlikely.

The title of the thread could aptly say ''attention seeker'' instead of ''feminist''.
edit on 20-7-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
I thought adultery was against the law, or is that just Biblical? Anyway, I couldn't allow something like this. Sounds like this guy is really bad in bed and he knows it. I'm only sharing if I'm in on it.

In 23 states it is. But those states seldom, if ever, enforce it.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Probably not, but the major media carriers don't seem to have a problem promoting it which I think is the whole point of this discussion.
edit on 20-7-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I apologise for being inconsiderate!!!

I thought you were spot on

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

lol

There is a few exceptions to that rule...
This is one in my opinion.

However I'd like to apologise, it was wrong of me to say that.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Thanks, but in hindsight it was careless.

I could not possibly advocate live and let live while posting such insensitive things.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Selfish Us right... just one small part of the Takeover!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join