It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it's been a bad week for the democrats.....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Both the threads are sure keeping you guys on the left in damage control mode....LOL

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Both the threads are sure keeping you guys on the left in damage control mode....LOL

Nah. This one is mostly theatre of the absurd.

The new thread about Planned Parenthood? It's typical. Right wing misrepresentation of truth, cognitive dissonance, hypocrisy and so on. But that one's locked at the moment, so ... perhaps we should get back on topic?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I've pretty much stated my views on the matter.

The responses have been pretty much as expected, both for and against. Not much on ATS is going to affect the outcome to any degree one way or the other. Yours or mine.

Out of curiosity, which candidate do you favor for president?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I've pretty much stated my views on the matter.

The responses have been pretty much as expected, both for and against. Not much on ATS is going to affect the outcome to any degree one way or the other. Yours or mine.

Out of curiosity, which candidate do you favor for president?

None of them.

Unless by some strange chance Colin Powell or Condoleeza Rice were to get the Republican bid ... I'll be voting against the Republican.

So probably, as much as it scorches my soul to admit it, Hillary. Although, since I know that will result in nothing but the same turmoil or worse we've seen in the last 6 years, I can only hope for some sort of miracle, even though I don't believe in them.

We need someone to bring us together. I see no one like that on any horizon.
edit on 17Tue, 21 Jul 2015 17:42:03 -050015p052015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I'd take Condi in a heartbeat.

Outside of an 'Independence Day' scenario or the second 'coming', there is no bringing us together.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Hillary will bring us together.

Because she will destroy the country so utterly, that we'll have no choice; either in the FEMA camps or the soup lines.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

As far as educated and articulate twists and turns of all the documents and data concerning the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, I cede to you.

I care not one whit. Those of similar views as mine have an empirical view of things. That has resulted in the perception that those who are 'educated' and articulate in those documents have debated, split hairs, even worse, "interpreted" the intent of the Founding Fathers right into the mess we are today as a nation. I won't even bother expounding on those debates being motivated by agenda by both sides. Too obvious to bother with.

Assuming recovery is possible and it occurs, we will keep a few of you educated types around for reference purposes. Not unlike a library. Knocking at the door of the ivory towers you and your ilk reside in.

The first correction is to keep you in those towers and away from any possibility of leading this nation. 'Leaders' you are not.

And this obscene degree of anti-intellectualism is what leads to morons like the kid who killed 9 innocent people in a church recently simply because they were black because he was an undereducated ignoramus. Viewing people who educate themselves as the enemy has been the bane of many people across multiple socioeconomic groups, particularly south of the Mason-Dixon Line, since the Reconstruction Era. I'm astounded by this type of rhetoric, really... I simply can not grasp the level of fear, distrust and outright anger at those who actually take the time to educate themselves because they understand the importance of it and the positive effect it used to be able to have. Clearly this is a past tense scenario because the current climate towards the so called "intellectual elite" existing in their "ivory towers"which is just a ludicrous nomenclature, is one of unadulterated hostility and is going to have far reaching negative impact on the future of America as a whole. I fear for the world I've brought children into when I read things like this.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The old right wing trick of trying to fabricate scandals on the Democrats goes back decades.

The list of manufactured scandals is long and tiresome.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
To be fair... Every week since Nixon has been bad for Democrats. I mean they are quite stupid. Republicans (Rhinos) the same.

I'm puzzled people are only now claiming the bad week...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Do tell...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Hillary will bring us together.

Much like Hillary's saddlebags, I believe the distance between the two sides has grown to the point where no measure of closeness will ever be seen again, Beez. America is a fractured nation. That pathetic thing is we have nobody to blame for it but outselves for continually electing idiots, morons, and dividers.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

We elect the government we deserve.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Or we could just go full Republican Paradise and return to the Dark Ages when the Church was in control of the State ...

Or maybe full on right-libertarian and emulate Somalia ...

Or elect Hillary or Bernie and see another four years of an improving economy, greater personal freedoms, and more Republican whining and crying.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

What greater personal freedoms have been bestowed upon us by the reign of Obama?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

What greater personal freedoms have been bestowed upon us by the reign of Obama?

First of all, it's not a "reign" he's the elected President of the United States.

Second of all, did I say that Obama "had bestowed freedoms upon us" ... what was it you were saying about putting words in someone's mouth?

Third, at least coincidentally, whether directly or indirectly under his Administration, gays, Lesbians, bisexuals, etc., are now able to serve their country in the Armed Services, and marriage equality has been established.

Fourth, the President signed the Democratic-sponsored Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, which restored basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers.

Fifth, under the President's guidance, the National Labor Relations Board issued final rules that require all employers to prominently post employees’ rights where all employees or prospective employees can see it, including all websites and intranets.

That's a few off the top of my head.

Why? What personal freedoms do you feel like you've lost under President Obama?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Just the ability to decide for myself if I wanted healthcare insurance.

Just off the top of my head.

I wonder if progressives bow 5 times a day towards DC?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Just the ability to decide for myself if I wanted healthcare insurance.

Just off the top of my head.

I wonder if progressives bow 5 times a day towards DC?

You'll have to ask a Progressive. I doubt it though, most of the one's I know trust government about as far as they can throw it.

You can still decide not to get healthcare insurance. /shrug

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Somalia is an Islamic factional government splintered from failed Marxism civil wars between organized criminals.

Total opposite of anything Libertarian.

Somalia

List of political parties in Somalia

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Somalia is an Islamic factional government splintered from failed Marxism civil wars between organized criminals.

Total opposite of anything Libertarian.

Somalia

List of political parties in Somalia

Somalia is effectively a land without central government power or "interference", no social safety nets, or environmental protection agencies, or departments of education ... it is consumed by lawlessness, and it's current culture is based on the idea that the strong set the rules and the weak either cope or suffer. Perfect Social Darwinism.

Like I said, a right-libertarian wonderland.

Anarchy in Somalia - The Economist

edit on 21Tue, 21 Jul 2015 21:47:52 -050015p092015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Look I don't disagree with you totally on your point. If one was referring to the education levels, the objectivity and the desire to expand views and understanding, I'd agree.

I see a distinct drop in all of these attributes over the decades. My daughter went to a secular private school. My grandchildren are home schooled. This has occurred despite the economic hardship that resulted.

It strikes of agenda driven indoctrination. I get you don't see that. I assume your quite a bit younger than myself and perhaps lack the comparison to older, more traditional education.

Social agendas seems the order of the day. I see as much fear, angst and outright bigotry from our youth currently attending higher education. Now add in the ineptitude that our political, economic and bureaucrat graduates of our institutions-both parties- and I suggest that a more down to earth, pragmatic approach-simplified- may be the route to go.

Agenda, personal and otherwise seems to have pervaded every aspect of American life, including our higher education system.

I would constrain that.

As far as your example of the nine people killed goes, it's exactly the mentality that believes education, enlightenment is the solution to those kind of acts that re-enforces my opinion. Parenting, a strong moral system, a peer system that reflects those mores, would do far more to correct the current trend than higher education.

I'd wager the Founding fathers had both education and a pragmatic view of life in their lifetimes that offered the blend of both to inspire them.

That balance seems long gone.

I'm sure you'll disagree with my views of it. There's more than few that share it to one degree or another.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join