It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it's been a bad week for the democrats.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

We're not scared whatsoever...

A good week, it has been...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Try vitamin C. They say it helps the immune system.....

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

"We're"?

I though you said you were neither Republican or Democrat and thought for yourself?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

As far as weak goes, good! Have that perception of me and those of similar ilk.

You left me no other choice.

I care not one whit. Those of similar views as mine have an empirical view of things. That has resulted in the perception that those who are 'educated' and articulate in those documents have debated, split hairs, even worse, "interpreted" the intent of the Founding Fathers right into the mess we are today as a nation.

It's not necessarily about interpretation. It's about application. Too many claim to believe in the constitution and what it stands for, but are quick to deny others their rights when their beliefs do not coincide with that of others.

I won't even bother expounding on those debates being motivated by agenda by both sides. Too obvious to bother with.

That's true and that is why I speak out very loudly on the issue. I have no agenda to push other than to expose the extreme right-wing as the danger they are.

Assuming recovery is possible and it occurs, we will keep a few of you educated types around for reference purposes. Not unlike a library. Knocking at the door of the ivory towers you and your ilk reside in.

That's hilarious. The good ole "ivory tower" bit. Haven't heard that a few thousand times before. Have anything original?

Anyway, sounds to me like you plan on taking out some of those "ivory tower" types. I don't know if I'd be so bold as to say as much on the internet, but if that is your goal.....good luck. Some of us "ivory tower" types believe strongly in the 2nd amendment, are well armed and have the training to be effective.

Sure you want to knock on my door?

The first correction is to keep you in those towers and away from any possibility of leading this nation. 'Leaders' you are not.

That does not sound like a comment that comes from a person that believes in the constitution or individual liberty.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Hmmm. I thought I did think for myself. Do you not consider there are others that also "think for themselves" and that group allows a "we're"?

Come on, hair splitting doesn't become you...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Try vitamin C. They say it helps the immune system.....

it apparently doesn't help you overcome the desire to open your mouth without knowing what you are talking about though.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
That does not sound like a comment that comes from a person that believes in the constitution or individual liberty.

Sounds like double speak for "FEMA camps" to me...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I am deathly scared of the so called 'smart people with educations'.

Seen the 'wonderful' job one of those has done in the White House for the past 7 years.

I do so love me some 'Democrat arrogance'.

Shows they are the most INTOLERANT groups of people in this country.

The Right should just lay down, and roll over like good little doggies.

edit on 21-7-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I thought this was their theme song.

edit on 21-7-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

OK. You decide what "choices" you have, not me.

Actually I agree with most of your post.

As far as the ivory tower types, it's a loose label that suffices for a general cubby-hole and the purpose of communicating my points.

To clarify, I would marginalize these types not wipe them out. As far as the second goes, and I certainly hope that need never comes about, I also, can and will take care of my own. The thought or inclination to confront you or yours has never entered, thank you very much. I suspect the need for that capability will be of a more base nature, not political/ideological. Such as food ....

To expand on the "educated" types. In the day, the fundamentals were well covered ih the secondary education system. There are examples of tests from the thirties given to average high school grads-often educated in single room, 12 grade class-rooms- that would put a current Bachelor's degree graduate to shame.

Again, the basics were well covered.

Of course, there is value in higher education, the main one being financial, the next status...

Yes, many leaders were well educated. However, their attributes, as far as I'm aware never stressed that education. Rather their leadership qualities were notable.

In general, especially in today's clime, where professors are expounding garbage such as the American flag is a symbol of slavery and other nonsense-without any consequence and therefore full support of the faculty(?) combined with the graduates of these institutions who have saddled us with this mess?....

Marginalizing them is the kindest response I can envision.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

In general, especially in today's clime, where professors are expounding garbage such as the American flag is a symbol of slavery and other nonsense-without any consequence and therefore full support of the faculty(?) combined with the graduates of these institutions who have saddled us with this mess?....

Don't just talk about them. Produce some so we can see if this is true or you are just blowing smoke. Again.

Marginalizing them is the kindest response I can envision.

Right FEMA camps. Called it.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Google it yourself.

FEMA camps? Really? Have you forgotten who's building them? Goodness gracious...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

My what a thoughtful, articulate, well reasoned rebuttal.....

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Google it yourself.

FEMA camps? Really? Have you forgotten who's building them? Goodness gracious...

Yea, no one, but you are the one talking about marginalizing intelligent people and sectioning them off in "ivory towers". I just decided to run with some of the standard right wing rhetoric for once. How does it feel to be accused of wanting to do something you had no intention of doing? Or having your words misconstrued to mean something else?
edit on 21-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

My what a thoughtful, articulate, well reasoned rebuttal.....

Just as thoughtful, articulate, and well reasoned as the response it was responding to.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Actually, I wouldn't marginalize 'intelligent' people.

What I question is the intelligence of those that assume 'educated' is somehow synonymous with 'intelligence'.

It takes little intelligence to observe the current system of highly educated advisors and politicians have blown it, in spades.

My grandmother has more fiscal sense that these guys. Graduate from the University of Life. My grandfather would run our military better than these characters today.

The endless debate on who's to blame, how to fix this and that has only resulted in the overall picture worsening.

But having allowed you to move this thread of off subject long enough, I re-iterate, it's been a bad week for the Dems....

It is not lost on the American public....

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

You sound scared. Not only scared ... desperate.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Since we're linking theme songs ... here's to all the Republican Presidential Hopefuls!

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Uh,oh, it looks like another "fabricated" video of haggling baby parts has come to light.

Perhaps the 'bad week' for the Dems is going to extend itself...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Uh,oh, it looks like another "fabricated" video of haggling baby parts has come to light.

Perhaps the 'bad week' for the Dems is going to extend itself...

www.foxnews.com...

You're derailing your own thread?

LOL. Go figure. I guess you recognize mere political baiting.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join