It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it's been a bad week for the democrats.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
First we have the head of the NAACP arrested for selling coke.

Then Planned-Parenthood selling baby parts.

Then a Democrat supporting, retired general espousing internment camps for 'radicals'.

If they keep this up the Republicans can "rope-a-dope" their way to a Presidential win exactly like they did in the last mid-terms.

The response from the media? Keep the minutes and ink on Trump, the rest will go away....I think not.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I haven't heard about the NAACP thing, but I don't have cable so that figures.

The PP thing turned out to be fabricated.

The old general flapping his gums doesn't mean much to me.

The two things I have heard about were posted on here and I have already deleted those threads from popping up when I click myATS because they have run their course. Point is, elections are pretty far off still and these things as well as the Trump things will not even come into play when elections draw near.

These topics are all gossip worthy distractions for the time being, but not much more.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
c'mon....the "head of the NAACP" is a local Delaware NAACP president....he not the "head of the NAACP"
here's the articles that disproves the statement above
theblacksphere.net...

and PP is not "selling fetuses"....here's that article that disproves that
thinkprogress.org...

as far as the internment camp for Islamic radicals article by general Wesley Clark......he should have shut up. but, I'm curious, not one republican would agree with this?....

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

It wasn't the head of the NAACP that was arrested. It was a chapter head for Muncie Indiana. Bringing in major come shipments didn't stop George HW from being VP and President though did it? This is a pretty minor guy in the NAACP hierarchy so I doubt it will reverberate much and I don't see how it will affect the Democrats running for president. It's not like an actual candidate got caught in a coke bust. At the end if the day, thus guy is a dirt bag and has destroyed his career and credibility and will likely serve a lengthy term in prison urss there's a bigger fish for him to roll over on. As well he should.

Planned Parenthood was accused of selling body parts based on a heavily edited tape. The full tape actually tells a different story. Again, not something espoused by any democrat running for office. Any office let alone POTUS. I think it's a little preemptive to make accusations of the entire organization with half the story. If they're guilty, heads should roll because the accusation being levied involves several felonies. If it's true, people should go away for a long, long time. I don't see how it affects the Democratic Party as the democrats don't own, control or run Planned Parenthood.

General Clark is indeed an imbecile for espousing internment camps for American citizens. If he had said this when he ran for office then it might've been a serious issue of the campaign season. As it sits right now though, he's not running and he's destroyed any credibility he had left. He's got no future which is good for everyone on both sides of the aisle.

I totally agree that silence from any major media outlets is disturbing. The facts need to be presented so people can remain informed. As long as ALL the facts are reported that is. The stories are definitely screwy. Especially when a former presidential hopeful calls for internment camps for American citizens. I just don't think they have the level of significance you're trying to attribute to them.
edit on 20-7-2015 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

The PP 'thing' isn't fabricated. It's being marginalized/spun by the media. Part of aborted babies were sold. There's even a vid on You Tube of the 'lady' causally commenting on it.

It is disgusting.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Grimpachi

The PP 'thing' isn't fabricated. It's being marginalized/spun by the media. Part of aborted babies were sold. There's even a vid on You Tube of the 'lady' causally commenting on it.

It is disgusting.

They keep liking to say its fabricated, I watched the other 2 hour video, says the same thing......They are full of it......

As to the other stuff, get ready for some heavy excuses!

And put on your fire suit!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

sorry Delaware, missed that.

Disproving the baby parts? Not 'fetuses'. Your turn to be wrong....
. BULL! Well proven and admitted. Merely spun.

You may not care what that idiot said about internment camps, frankly, neither do I. What IS important is the fact that that segment even ran. For that to happen on left wing media requires all sorts of rubber stamping/approval to even get aired...that, sir, is the part that concerns me.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I watched the 2 hr video. I will never get that time back. I feel cheated.

It's fabricated. The little video they threw together is so far out of context that I am surprised there isn't legal ramifications for slander. The entire issue along with all the other abortion topics that sprouted up beforehand and after reaks of media manipulation at the behest of the political machine. A year old video just happens to break the news at that time??? I think not. Just people pulling on strings IMO.

Doesn't matter anyway because none of it will have any effect on elections. The people who were on opposite sides of that issue are still on opposite sides.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Sadly, the three things you listed are probably 3 things they're proud of.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The Democrats are having the best month ever. All thanks to Donald Trump. Stuff that is over fabricated and has nothing do with them is not going to make a difference. Things like returning ties with Cuba will.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Hmmm. Another poster said it was the head of the Delaware NAACP. Which is it?

The rate of corruption coming to light in the left organizations apparently far surpasses the right. A definite pattern of arrogance and indifference to public opinion or views is scary in my books.

As far as the video goes, again your take differs on others that have seen the full, unedited video.

It also seems to be a pattern of 'trial balloons' floated by, as you say, non-running left supporters that are easily 'discredited' based on the 'unimportance' of the source. Yet, again, what is telling is that the well oiled machine that the media is actually ran a segment on the concept. That requires much vetting, approvals etc. by TPTB to even get air time......

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Really? Ties with Cuba is resonating with the voting public? Cheers resound for the forward thinking, peace loving Democrat President?

Over jobs? Over implied interment camps of American Citizens? I think not.

If the tape was delayed for political purposes for over a year, why not wait until just before the election? What is gained by releasing it now?

Trump? The diversion for the left media to avoid this whole area. In a lot of his comments, he's has hit the mark on the thoughts of many regarding the insanity of the illegal situation, right down to the sanctuaries, oh, I missed that one for the week. The murdered girl in SF.

Make that four, not three issues, in this week or so. Those sanctuary cities are one for one democrat, if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry, I believe you mis-read a huge percentile of the voting public is these issues. We shall see.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
3 more ....

1) Bernie Sanders and Martin O'Malley got nailed at a campaign event (by some democrats no less).

and,

2) Hillary Clinton talked again.

3) Obama watched the news on MSNBC.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If Cuba is a Democrat victory, then can we count on nobody criticizing Republican business people and corporations making money from Cuba now?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
As if a Republican would be a better President than a Democrat.

I do see a few promising candidates, but both of the mainstream parties are a full of a-holes and liars. Also, I don't think we can blame the Democrats for anything Planned Parenthood does or anything the NAACP does unless we want to start blaming Republicans for everything the NRA does or Pat Robertson says.

I suppose what I am saying is the Democrats and Republicans don't need any help looking like idiots and it isn't really fair or necessary to blame things other organizations do on them.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
If Cuba is a Democrat victory, then can we count on nobody criticizing Republican business people and corporations making money from Cuba now?

[/quote

Correct. In my opinion. We make money off of China.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Arrogance and corruption is a political thing, it knows no party lines. To believe otherwise is willfully ignorant in my opinion. The vast majority of politicians are corrupt in one fashion or another, there really is no argument to the contrary.

As for the state of the NAACP debacle it is indeed Indiana. Here's an article from the Indystar, an Indiana newspaper-

www.indystar.com... aine-probe/26241305/

If you want to believe that these people from Planned Parenthood were illegally taking body parts and selling them then run with it. I'm not going to convince you otherwise no matter what I post or source.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I partially agree. No political party is without corruption. That being said, I departed the Democrat party in the Reagan era, and am 'almost' as disaffected by the Republican Party now. But not quite.

I personally lean towards the Tea party, at least philosophically, But I am aware...well believe, that no political party is going to fix this mess. NONE.

As far as the 'legality' of PP's actions, it merely points out either your personal attempt at damage control or a complete ignoring of the sheer repugnance that act engenders. I can assure you with complete certainty this will ratchet up the voting right, especially the Christian right to levels so far unmatched!

Even mentioning 'legality' is nothing more that a weak, ineffectual spin.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I disagree with the sentiment regarding the legality of PP's actions. From what I know based on personal experience with a close family member who was employed there, there are no sales of body parts. At all. It is a violation of a host of federal laws. As I said in my initial reply to you, if this were to turn out true, whoever is involved should be held accountable. That's the nice version. I personally think they should be burned for it but we aren't barbarians and countering barbarity with further heinous acts just puts us on their level so prison will have to do. I digress though...back to my original though... there are delivery of body parts occasionally for legitimate purposes of medical testing and it is all done within the letter of the law with the consent of the women. I don't know the specifics as to what level of gestation this takes place up to and I probably don't want to know. regardless, it is in principle, little different than the waiver I will sign when I have my hip replaced in September. Where it becomes outrageous is when people attempt to insist that a nonviable fetus is a real live baby. Maybe I'm more morally repugnant than the rest of you, maybe I lost site of my humanity in the Army, maybe it's my educational and scientific background or maybe Im just an A-hole. Whichever of those you prefer to work with is fine by me but I fail to see that donation of tissues for medical purposes that can help other people or help babies that are actually born into the world is a terrible thing.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

"Liberalism, (unchecked), always implodes upon itself because it's policies are unsustainable" - Rush Limbaugh

Remember this "law" everytime they have difficulties.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join