It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the Depths of Meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Calming, peaceful, relaxing, and sublime--these words describe the experiences of most with meditation.

But over my decade of practice I've found numerous other experiences lurking within those depths. For whilst attaining lasting peace of mind is the primary goal of those seeking enlightenment through meditative practice, countless profound encounters can be witnessed when the breath deepens and the mind shuts off.

It all began in the gym when working up towards a personal record at deadlift. I felt good, I felt warmed up, I felt relaxed but strong--then something went wrong.

On a near-max attempt something gave in my back, and immediately I dropped the bar to the ground. Staggered, hobbled, wounded, and pained--away from the bar I limped whilst clutching my spine.

Something had gone terribly awry--and while that brought my workout to an end, those consequences only deepened as the night went on. Trying to sleep proved impossible because my back ached so terribly. In no position could I find rest or comfort until finally I passed out from sheer exhaustion.

Upon waking each morning I've a ritual. I'll get up, usually read a little, then lay back down to meditate for an hour or so.

But with my back swollen and my spine in pain, I could hardly lay flat without suffering serious agony.

So into meditation I went with another objective in mind. Suffering through that torment I continued monitoring my breathing until I reached a deep state of relaxation, then piously I prayed: "Help me heal my back."

What happened next I can hardly believe. Immediately it was like I'd zoomed in on the base of my spine, and there I could see a color-coded grid like an enormous tic-tac-toe board. Each square was marked green, yellow, or red--and instinctively I realized I needed put energy and intention into the red (pained) sections so energy could again flow normally up my spine.

It took ten, twenty, thirty minutes or more, but at last with concerted effort I turned that grid green. And instantly I felt a wash of kundalini energy rising up my spine.

Then immediately I started feeling better.

That night I slept entirely without pain.

The next morn I awoke feeling fine.

That experience I'll always recall.

Within the depths of meditation lurks profound calm--but sometimes, when you most need it, miracles can also occur.

Within the depths of meditation, try praying for what you truly desire--then see how your efforts pay off.

Even if you don't get what you requested, you'll still walk away from the experience feeling fresh, clearheaded, and enlivened.

And that's worth a fortune in itself.

edit on 20-7-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Another nice thread that promotes a healthy mind along with healing. Nice.

Just a side note:

Each square was marked green, yellow, or red

Do you understand the significance of that....?

ETA:

Within the depths of meditation, try praying for what you truly desire--then see how your efforts pay off.

...the drowsy feeling is KEY.

Here, allow John and boys explain how to truly exercise freewill by "Keeping an eye on the world going by my window...staring at the ceiling....waiting for the sleepy feeling...stay in bed....float upstream during contemplation that you have beautifully pointed out:

*Whispers*: get it with your physical eyes closed and that magical EYE open.

edit on 20-7-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I assume whatever benevolent force was guiding me was showing me traffic-light patterns so I'd understand the areas which had blocked energy channels.

But honestly I can't be certain. I was working on pure instinct at the time--I simply did what felt right--and it paid off with massive dividends.

I didn't risk getting back in the gym for a couple weeks, but one morning of prayer in meditation probably saved me those same weeks in lots of pain and concerted rehab. Now my back feels fine like it's never been injured.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

There is a reason why red, yellow and green is the template within this particular frequency domain. Our stop lights being red, yellow and green was chosen for scientific reasons (physiologically/mind perception).

Have you ever gazed at the sun for a about 15 seconds and immediately after closed your eyes?

A very powerful mandela arises when one does so. The colours become inverted.... and we see that template before our very eyes. Try it out and let me know what colours you see....

Taiping jing

In a state of complete concentration, when the light first arises, make sure to hold on to it and never let it go. First of all, it will be red, after a long time it will change to be white, later again it will be green, and then it will pervade all of you completely. When you further persist in guarding the One, there will be nothing within that would not be brilliantly illuminated, and the hundred diseases will be driven out.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a signpost (don't climb it-follow it)

en.wikipedia.org...

Btw, I added more to my previous message after you responded.

Now, if you excuse me, I need to get my arse out of the sun and into the house....bloody hot here today. Sweating as I typed about the sun. Poetic.
edit on 20-7-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Pretty awesome info! Thanks!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Nice post! If you want to challenge yourself, in the Winter, go outside at night and meditate until you're nolonger cold and use your third eye to manifest, practice and heal within your mind as you are already doing. See how much more difficult it is to maintain concentration when your body interrupts your mind by demanding that you get out of the cold. Once you achieve some kind of result (in your own perspective of course), go back inside, get warm and try again. You'll be surprised at how much more efficient you are as your mind/body becomes extremely relieved and comfortable once you're warm to allow for a clearer deep thought.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: frequencymodulator

Good info! Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Thank you. Peace and love.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: frequencymodulator