It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scott Walker: We might have to take military action on Day One

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The fact that you think Hillary is more sane then sanders tells me all I need to know on your knowledge and ability to make an educated statement about presidential contenders and politics in general

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

As a supporter of Walker, I'll step up.

Words like "very possible" don't make me bed wetting scared. The man didn't say he'd wage war on day one and to act like he did is foolish. Furthermore, the president alone can't wage war against another country and to act like he can is foolish and ignorant.

This is nothing more than fear mongering and hyperbole.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimisticCynic

The fact that you think Hillary is more sane then sanders tells me all I need to know

Hmmm I don't recall ever saying Hillary was saner than Sanders. The only time I said Hillary was saner was in reference to the other GOP candidates, save Rand:

Pages 8:
Hillary? I'm not too sure about another Clinton in the whitehouse. I'd take her over the other GOP candidates (save Rand) any day but she'll probably continue the same Corporate regime.

Page 9:
I don't support Hillary Clinton. I do believe she's saner than the other GOP candidates, but I don't see her changing much of the system

I'm not too fond of Sanders. You can have that. I really don't like any of the candidates. I did prefer Rand Paul at one point, until he decided to put his name to Tom Cotton's Iran letter. Not good.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

As a supporter of Walker, I'll step up.

Words like "very possible" don't make me bed wetting scared. The man didn't say he'd wage war on day one and to act like he did is foolish. Furthermore, the president alone can't wage war against another country and to act like he can is foolish and ignorant.

This is nothing more than fear mongering and hyperbole.

While technically no, the president can send troops for a short time and that short time is fairly easy to extend. Congress hasn't officially declared war since WW2. Every war since then has been exclusively a presidential action with an occasional authorization from congress to let the president continue acting as he wants.

originally posted by: xuenchen
Or,

the Republicans would unite like they did with Reagan.

Republicans today would not unite behind Reagan. It wasn't all that long ago that Bob Dole was out and agreeing with this platform that neither Nixon or Reagan could make it today.

Increased taxes 10 times, and several before as a governor.
Tripled the deficit despite the tax increases due to wildly out of control spending, that took the next two presidents 12 years combined to get back under control.
Amnesty for all illegals.
Was tough on Israel, making them freeze weapons development while giving weapons to the Muslim terrorist groups.
Laid wreaths on the graves of Nazi soldiers but wouldn't visit a concentration camp.
Loved gun control, expanding background checks and pushing an assault weapons ban.

Sounds a lot more to me like one of todays Democrats.
edit on 21-7-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: netbound

except the polls say overwhelmingly that they liked Walker in Wisconsin, thats why they voted for him...

If the Dems were so great why did they vote in a Repub after all these years?

That being said, hes not my candidate

He's sure as h3ll not mine, for sure. I don't know about any overwhelming poll numbers. Every election involving Walker, be it general election or recall attempt, always ends up around 50/50. He even had his own party turning against him when he tried to sneak a bill into the budget that would prevent the public from access to any legislative activity. Now today he wants to crack down on the General Accounting Board, who had a part in verifying all the signatures of citizens who signed recall papers. I'll have to watch myself. Pretty soon Walker will be going after all the people who signed to begin the recall process.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
"Every nation gets the government it deserves."

-Joseph de Maistre

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The plans are already made up, they have been for years.

Whoever gets "elected" is irrelevant.

The damn election is nothing but theatrics meant to distract us from the real issues, keep us divided, and portray the illusion of freedom and democracy.

Nevermind the man behind the curtains

I always chuckle at left/right, repub/dem, con/lib debates.

People at eachother's throats over make believe characters...LOL!

edit on 22-7-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Good thing this bozo has no chance of getting elected, unless of course his Koch Brother buddies bend the rules for him. But I don't think that's likly to fly. He's just producing sound bites for his pending FOX'NEWS' gig. All of the GOP candidates are simply going through the motions of running, for the money they'll get in donations and future books/speaking deals/TV spots. Sadly, (for them), the GOP faithful are all to willing to throw money at who ever promises to bring back 1955.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Or he may have to drop a tactical nuke bunker buster on the Parchin secret military site. You just couldn't get through without ad hominem attacks could you. That's why I hate the left. Personal attacks before issues.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Good thing this bozo has no chance of getting elected, unless of course his Koch Brother buddies bend the rules for him. But I don't think that's likly to fly. He's just producing sound bites for his pending FOX'NEWS' gig. All of the GOP candidates are simply going through the motions of running, for the money they'll get in donations and future books/speaking deals/TV spots. Sadly, (for them), the GOP faithful are all to willing to throw money at who ever promises to bring back 1955.

You're spot on about many of these candidates probably running just to get gigs or promote their books. I mean we have the likes of Rick Perry and Chris Christie running. These guys don't stand an ounce of a chance and surely they're smart enough to know this. The GOP primaries are just being used as an avenue to promote their brands for whatever media gig they want. Heck it worked out for Huckabee and Palin... money wise.

I will say though I do take Walker as a serious enough candidate to run for the GOP nomination. Walker, Jeb and Rand are the serious contenders here. Walker is from a Blue State, and given the odds in the Electoral College, having a candidate from a blue state is much needed.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I can't stand the whole "we'll do this or do that on DAY ONE of the Presidency" crap.

On day one, they're still wondering which door in the Oval Office is the bathroom.

Anyone who thinks they'll be doing ANYTHING on day one other than getting acquainted with their new situation in the White House doesn't understand the complexity of the job.

In order to declare war on #Iran, or rescind treaties made by previous Presidents, they'll need an act of Congress, especially since being massively hypocritical of Obama's use of Executive Actions.

Trying to get ANYTHING through Congress I the first 100 days is a super human act. No one trusts the new President yet, senior people in their own party don't know if they can back them or not.

Day One? Don't make me laugh. You're still figuring out how to contact the chef to get you lunch.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is the perfect reason for me to stop listening to anything that this candidate has to offer!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern GuardianYou're spot on about many of these candidates probably running just to get gigs or promote their books. I mean we have the likes of Rick Perry and Chris Christie running. These guys don't stand an ounce of a chance and surely they're smart enough to know this. The GOP primaries are just being used as an avenue to promote their brands for whatever media gig they want. Heck it worked out for Huckabee and Palin... money wise.

There's big money in running. Do you think they throw their support behind a candidate for free when they drop out of the race?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Let's just nuke Iran.

There going to get nukes and we as Americans always have the moral high ground even when we twice nuke a country, let's do it again

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

Ya, totally makes perfect sense.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
chicken hawk

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
he's still better than hillary

a reply to: babybunnies