It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bought a new gun this weekend...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Gimmick. Nothing but an expensive gimmick. Take a look at some gel tests. No penetration. All kinds of FTF issues.
When law enforcement and the FBI start carrying it, I'll give it a try. Till it's street proven, like the Federal 124 gr HST JHP that is my carry ammo, I'll leave it on the shelf. When you're life may depend on it, don't go for flashy.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
discussing guns and the cops are the bad guys?
america the land of the hope and free
america the land of dreams
america the land of wtf are you serious?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Sounds like a nice buy!

In answer to your question, I pocket carry a S&W 642 revolver. (For all you auto loader guys out there, don't bother, I've heard em all.) For my home office it's a Taurus Judge and my nightstand sports a brand new Beretta 92fs Inox with an 18 round Mec-Gar mag and one in the pipe. My deep cover "get off me gun" is a NAA 22Mag with Rosewood boot grips.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

That video is great but I disagree with the guy doing the tests.

He stated that most of the damage was done in the 4 to 6 inches range and then said that was no good.

I would say, that is exactly where you do want the damage. 4 to 6 inches is more than enough to destroy heart, lungs and other organs. Deep penetration is not what you want. A through and through bullet wastes energy.

P

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Ballistics gel and the human body are not exactly the same. Some of the best in the world will tell you that 12 inches is minimum, with 14 to 16 being perfect. I'm honestly not trying to be pissy, but if you think 4 inches of bullet penetration is enough, you really need to read up on the subject.

www.thebangswitch.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
Nice purchase; what do you think of the new R.I.P. (Radically Invasive Projectile) RIP

This projectile ends the discussion of stopping power in the .380 round.

It is a cool round but ill stick with my Hornady Critical Defense .380 ACP 90 gr.

www.youtube.com...

Anybody who wants to know if a .380 is lethal. It is all about the type of ammo you use.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

never tried it however it looked interesting at first glance. I do not own a 9mm or .380 weapon as I am a bit biased towards a .45. I enjoyed the evaluation video and will pick up a few of the .45 rounds to try it out at the range for fun. Thanks for the info..

Besides ball ammo at the range, business ammo is Federal Premium 230gr Hydra-Shok (when you care to send the very best) delivered via FNX Tactical (the Amazon Prime of delivery), wouldn't have mentioned however you shared so….
edit on 21-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: sharing.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Not Melbourne though.

Too 80's - underground - still.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I carry a Kimber 1911 on a daily basis, loaded down with Remington Golden Saber ammunition. It's .45 ACP, 230 grain jacketed hollow point.

I never did like tiny guns, but I'm about 6'4" tall and my hands are just too large. I grew up with a 1911, and it just feels right so why switch?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join