It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Live We Sleep -

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Thankyou, i had this feeling it was time to bring this most excellent Video back to the forefront of people's minds again. I was right, all the open minded people came to discuss it like old school days
I like that!

It was LDragonFire however who brought the 3 video series to my awareness, and i am really glad, because we all got a tremendous amount of information out of those, they were so well done i enjoyed them greatly.

You're so right each of us has our own individual awakening, always dissimilar to what some may feel is the right way. There is no right or wrong way, it's all good. I often sit and wonder how the others 'the mainstream zombies' can remain ignorant of the truth, because to me it just seems logical and natural to think this way.

There are still Plato's lurking in the shadows with us seeing beyond that which others cannot. As someone mentioned, The Cave. I'm sure everyone here feels the same, hundreds of years later as Plato once did long ago, trapped in a cold and darkened cave (reality) knowing there is something beyond the walls yet, not able to escape the insanity of it. Those people i can relate to more than the drones we see who cling to the Cave and deny the existence beyond the walls because of their own fear and lack of understanding and i might add, is their choice alone.

Thanks for the Video i'll be watching this momentarily!

I'll leave this one, and old version but still effective.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Esarman

Watch all of Mark Passio's stuff and start with his Natural Law videos

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thankyou, but You too are one of those people, and although there is only a small percent now, that's all that's needed to create a spark in the minds of the many and awaken them. Sometimes, less is more

The world seems so complicated at times, but it's not, it's actually quite simple. This is how i see it...Human beings tend to over analyze things but not because they try to. They do it because of a lack awareness, and the result is the society we have now, over complex and dumbed down so that fear takes over the mind which in turn shuts off the possibility that anything is possible. I can see good things beyond here, this place is not home.

side note:Funny i noticed the title 'They Live' sounds like The 'Evil' backwards. JC was brilliant with this movie.
edit on 7/22/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Welcome to our world jonnywhite, i've felt like that my entire life as well. hehe now i'm used to it, back then it was harder because i didn't understand any of this i just felt it inside me. And now it makes sense why the heart has brain cells.

in5d.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Jeroenske

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Sorry to be a sour grape, but:
www.scientificamerican.com - Insights into the Personalities of Conspiracy Theorists...

In a study of 914 adults in London, University of Westminster's Viren Swami andAdrian Furnham of University College London found that 4.5 percent of respondents espoused an alien abduction theory, 5.5 percent believed the two were spies taken down by the Japanese, and only 32 percent endorsed a relatively undramatic account that the plane crashed into the Pacific after running out of gas. Further, researchers found that respondents who believed in Earhart conspiracy theories had lower self-esteem, were more likely to be cynical toward politics, were less agreeable and gave themselves lower ratings of intelligence.

A study in 2012 by Michael J. Wood and his colleagues at the University of Kent found that those who believed Bin Laden was dead prior to American intervention are more likely to believe he’s currently alive. Similarly, authors found that those who think Princess Diana faked her death are more likely to believe she was murdered. So, which is it? Dead or alive? Research suggests that such contradictory narratives are linked by an underlying distrust of authority. Among conspiracy theorists, it seems, this suspicion is strong enough to overpower traditional life-death logic.

Remember, I'm keeping an open mind. Maybe conspiracy theorizing is just a mental defect. It could be, why not?

I have nagging suspicion conspiracy theorists will be in the DSM soon, either as a personality disorder or some other disorder. Maybe we'll just be under a general spectrum disorder or something broad.

It will be for people who regularly entertain conspiracies and hunt them, not for somebody who stumbles upon a real conspiracy.

I myself have that feeling things are amiss. I mentioned in a previous post. It has followed me all my life. I generally do not trust authorities either. I seem to fit very well the growing consensus about this in psychology. Maybe soon I'll be given a pink slip with the title of my disorder on it and directions to my nearest doctor and some pills to slip into my morning coffee.
edit on 22-7-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

That's how people chained in The Cave think. They can't think on their own so they let someone else think for them and believe for them.

But what's really mind blowing, is that nothing is even real here. So who's nuts you or i? Who's the expert who know's it all and how do we know he's right, because he has a certificate hanging on his wall that says he's an expert'?

And then you have to ask who wrote the books he studied, and why should we believe the books that were written to suppress human feelings so that Humanity believe only what the so called experts say or risk being labelled.

I'm sorry but to me, that's insanity. That's oppression. That's ignorance of the highest degree.

Really though, the more you think about it Negatively the more it will effect you Negatively. That's just the nature of this world, atoms protons electrons, quarks, and other freaky crap ya know.

People always want to label and stamp and oppress those who think or feel differently from the mainstream sheep. It's been going on for thousands of years, and had it not been for Plato or Origen or others, we'd have no examples of how humans naturally evolve and this includes allowing one to think outside the Cave.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10
Yes to think outside the cave, but not to throw the facts away too. Science theory must survive being challenged on a factual basis. Conspiracy theory tend to be unkillable, by contrast.

Tell me, how do you kill a conpsiracy theory? How do you disprove Ufology? You can't! Absnece of evidence is not evidence of absence. It's a slippery creature and each time you grab for it it slips out of yoru hands.

I would not say conspiracy theory is religion, but in seems to share more in common with suspicion than fact. Again, I'm not saying conspiracy theories aren't based on some fact. Sometihng in reality usually spurs them forward or creates them. But since they're so hard to kill and based so strongly on suspicion, it mostly removes them from accountability and thus puts them in the realm of religion or personal belief, IMHO.

And I"m saying all this as a longtime conspiracy theorist. Even as I say all this, I still believe things are amiss, just like all of you. I still have doubts about commonly accepted things in society. Everytime I look at those pictures of Pluto, I'm watcing for an alien to poke its head up or some sign NASA is pulling strings or making a fool of all of us.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Who needs proof when you have Awareness. Proof is meaningless when you can see the entire picture, and trying to prove everything to everyone just burns you out, and proves nothing in the end other than people love to argue and fight about meaningless things.. Have you ever Suddenly had the Answer to Everything in Existance flash across your brain for a fraction of a second only to have it leave again instantaneously? I have, and it left me stunned and utterly amazed for mnths and mnths afterwards. I saw and experienced the answer to the entire universe in a split second only to have it vaporize the next second. It's not fun, it's maddening.

All conspiracy theories are, are information gathered by people who are Curious about their existance, about their world. Conspiracies are born from curiosity. Without a curious mind, we'd all be drones. We'd be the classic text book people from 1984 too fearful to think too exhausted to care.

And about Nasa, they too could be considered Nutty Conspiracy Theorists for attempting to find life on other planets, and in trying to contact Aliens. But they haven't put them in any kind of negative spotlight for thinking that way. It's all perspective and choosing who is nuts and who isn't based on how much money or power they possess.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Who needs proof when you have Awareness. Proof is meaningless when you can see the entire picture, and trying to prove everything to everyone just burns you out, and proves nothing in the end other than people love to argue and fight about meaningless things.. Have you ever Suddenly had the Answer to Everything in Existance flash across your brain for a fraction of a second only to have it leave again instantaneously? I have, and it left me stunned and utterly amazed for mnths and mnths afterwards. I saw and experienced the answer to the entire universe in a split second only to have it vaporize the next second. It's not fun, it's maddening.

All conspiracy theories are, are information gathered by people who are Curious about their existance, about their world. Conspiracies are born from curiosity. Without a curious mind, we'd all be drones. We'd be the classic text book people from 1984 too fearful to think too exhausted to care.

Yes it was a dream. I loved star trek growing up. Sometimes I have star trek dreams or dreams in space. This was was in space too, somewhere. I received an answer to how things work. I'm not sure what exactly it encompassed, but it felt big, bigger than anything we know. It felt like an equation or maybe lots of them. Something mathematical. But soon as I woke up, the realization faded to nothing. Like most dreams it crumpled to dust in my hands and all that was left was a jumbled memory. Even though I must conclude it was just a dream--and this is perfectly acceptable to me--I still cannot rule out I was witness to some great secret truth.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Sounds like an interesting dream. Dream Time. That's what some Australian tribes call it. They believe this reality we're in is actually Dream Time. But it's just another door to our awareness, in stages little by little waking up.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

They do it because of a lack awareness, and the result is the society we have now, over complex and dumbed down…

Thats the burden of being more aware (of coming up out of the cave), if we are truly aware and grateful for the gift of awareness. We must go back in and try to drag others (kicking and screaming if need be) to the light of day.

Some refuse to throw off their chains, some refuse to even listen, some will come along until the sun burns their eyes, blinding them with fear… only a very few will go through the pain, waiting till their vision clears to see the outside world as it really is.

Like the fight scene in They Live where his buddy refuses to wear the sun glasses…, the Matrix scene where he "wants out" (he's going to pop), like in a hundred other movies like Logan's Run, the original Roller Ball with James Caan, THX1138…

I have a question for you, do you suppose you were led to the awareness of the world as it truly is by someone else, your own intellect or something else?

I understand this is an ongoing process of daily realization, like when a news story comes out and you right away go, uh huh, thats a lie (not knowing the truth of it but knowing the lie when you see it). Do you think that awareness (outside the cave) is a gift, a learned thing or someone else's teaching?

Thanks for any thoughts you may have on this.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

At any rate, in the epiphany I saw a black spiders web encircling the globe. But what I did not see was where and how the spiders hole attached to the earth,

Interesting, reminded me of this. Black Spider appears at :15 seconds and through out…

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
What makes it soo good is how bad it's mocking the world. The movie pulls no punches at explaining who the 'aliens' are, yet even today most people aren't catching it, that's why we continue to lose.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I have a question for you, do you suppose you were led to the awareness of the world as it truly is by someone else, your own intellect or something else? I understand this is an ongoing process of daily realization, like when a news story comes out and you right away go, uh huh, thats a lie (not knowing the truth of it but knowing the lie when you see it). Do you think that awareness (outside the cave) is a gift, a learned thing or someone else's teaching?

Thanks for any thoughts you may have on this.

No that's a good question, one i have contemplated. With what i've learned about what this place is, i can honestly tell you that awareness is just what we are and .. that everything we think we see and everything we think is real is nothing more than a subliminal suggestion.

I was led to the source of what i know now because i think i was just really ready to go to the next level of my awakening, by another who was already there and could grasp it, and was therefore able to convey it in such a way that my mind could understand it better. Like shining a flashlight into darkness and seeing there was never anything there to fear in the first place.

I feel everyone is connected to their awareness and many feel they don't belong here, like everything is wrong somehow and imo it's because 'it is' wrong here. We've been disconnected from awareness and now the trance is shifting and no longer able to control us as it once did, the few are beginning to question everything around them. And the many don't like that, it threatens their sense of security and stability on a deeper level. It all comes back to the fear of what's on the other side of the mountain. There is more but i'll just leave it at this for now i don't want to overwhelm people. But if you'd like to watch something i can pm it, i think you're open enough you might just like this one.
I do enjoy this topic and thankyou for asking.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Intrptr, Yes! Logans Run was another great movie, one of the best. I wish they still made movies like these.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Waking up is down to luck.

No group of people has ever decided that freedom was the best way to live and then fought to get it.

In America, people woke up to freedom after they already had it. Americans fought for freedom, but only after circumstances had granted them a taste for it. Americans discovered freedom because of the long distance between them and their masters. Freedom developed over generations of unsupervised economic activity.

Murray Rothbard's Conceived in Liberty has the early history of America and some European history, like the English were a race of smugglers, Pound Sterling is a contraction of pound of Easterling Silver, and the ton was a taxable amount of imported wine.

I guess only really good and popular fiction and entertainment can save freedom for the average man now, which might be the reason for Awareness 10's John Lennon quote.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arpad
What makes it soo good is how bad it's mocking the world. The movie pulls no punches at explaining who the 'aliens' are, yet even today most people aren't catching it, that's why we continue to lose.

I don't know if that is the rel reason, it might appear as though. To "Catch" on to something, or get a clue, or realize, or become apparent, requires more than just rumors or feel good sayings. And I'm the first to say it because I have said so many things that cant be proven, but, we need, hard core evidence. Something that seem to be very elusive. Something like NASA publicly stating the lights of Ceres are actually emanating from its interior, and that Ceres isn't a planet, but the core of a planet that used to be there, covered with hundreds of millions of years worth of dust. Now, look at the scene where the aliens are teleporting to their home planet again. If in the movie that planet represents the inner sun, then Ceres in reality represents what I offered above.

On a different plane getting back to symbology, the Masonic Checker Board of black and white. I saw black on the outside, and white on the inside. Its a game on a planetary scale, run by AI. A AI that was put in place thousands of years ago. Rules of the game: 1. the populations of each color shall not know of the others existence. 2. The AI allows or disallows contact between the realities to further rule 1 3. If the AI program fails, a fail safe will be initiated where both black and white initiate each other. 4. Checkmate. The original inhabitant,s of this planet from millions of years ago come back, clean up, and reclaim the planet 5. The original inhabitant,s state that the "Spiritual" venture here was a failure, and it wasn't their fault, they killed themselves.

We all know, or at least suspect, that the little grays were, or are, nothing more than advanced AI. Not really "Thinkers" as we think of, but rather just like the bee or ant with a hive mind. They are given technology to further their collective mission, which is anything from creating divisions amongst mankind via religions, political parties, etc. All done in the cover of darkness and ignorance in us. But these "Clone Drones" must get their operating instructions from someone or thing that understands the psychic of humanity, and who better, than a human himself, that is devoid of the spiritual tool called "Empathy", but has memories of human nature.

You can not have a "Spirited" being in charge of either reality, or domain. Because, its our spirits that make us, unpredictable. And in order for the game to run predictably, you need something or some one who is very predictable.

I dare say, from my most humble and ignorant station in life, that their are even people in the know, who don't really know, the deepest truths. For without their knowledge or understanding, memories can be removed, and replaced, with what ever the original "Owners" wished. And you, would never know any difference. Maybe, the only thing removed was the memories of "Empathy". There is just no way to know, but maybe testable.

United, we shall win. And non of us will be "Daddys" little boys anymore. (In my mind Daddy is symbolic of the most ancient "Owners" of the planet.)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

But if you'd like to watch something i can pm it, i think you're open enough you might just like this one.

If you would be so kind. I'll wait to respond with my opinion about where awareness of direction for daily decisions comes from until after I review your pm.

regards,

intrptr

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
RIP Roddy Piper.. I'm glad you've found Paradise, i can't wait.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join