It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable! Ukraine Shows USA What Democracy Is

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

But you did answe... I mean I did answ... I mean we.. oh hell, you know what Im getting at

What was I/we thinking?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Neo Cons aren't even conservative. Folks like Carseller don't seem to have the ability to understand that. They're either racist or too young or dumb to remember what real Republicans stand for (strong national DEFENSE, Fiscal sanity, law & order, etc. etc.). That's why they so blindely follow these idiots. No real Republican (with the slightest bit of knowledge of history and foreign policy could or would support these jackazzes).

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

Its a shame there are so few of them left. The republican party could benifit from kicking the noecons to the curb and thinking for themselves agian. The only problem with this is there are only lik maybe 15 true republicans left in America. With you being one of them. The actual Republicans and actual Democrats are really not that different in ideals and beliefs. It is the hardcore from both sides that really do the whole system an injustice.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Like the saying goes, if you ignore freedom, it will go away.

America is free although you must live within a rule of law.

The electronic voting machines I think are just reaking of trouble..

That indeed, needs to change.. paper ballots work great, but apparantly the disenfranchised don't know how to use them..

Do they have poor me's in the Ukraine or people with a brain the size of a pea?

ps: The democracy you so speak of doesn't exist in any part of the world...

DEMOCRACY

1. Government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives.
2. A political or social unit that has such a government.
3. The common people, considered as the primary source of political power.
4. Majority rule.
5. The principles of social equality and respect for the individual within a community.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I must say that Ukraine has indeed done a good job of sticking it to the could of been government...

A people united in hope......

I guess when you live under a dictatorship for along time you understand the meaning of poverty, powertripping, homeless, hopelessness, ect... Never again.

This time around they can make their bed and sleep in it.. And feel safe knowing that they made the right decision for the country as a whole...

Good job Ukraine, let freedom reign and i'll be watching to see your country grow,economically and socially..

I love a true feel good story.

Russia and Ukraine, who will become the underachiever??

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Its a shame there are so few of them left. The republican party could benifit from kicking the noecons to the curb and thinking for themselves agian. The only problem with this is there are only lik maybe 15 true republicans left in America. With you being one of them. The actual Republicans and actual Democrats are really not that different in ideals and beliefs. It is the hardcore from both sides that really do the whole system an injustice.

Agreed. And thanks for that acknowledgement.
You're right, too. There was a time when Dems and Repubs could actually work together. Coming together, meeting in the middle and respecting the views of others is the only way to get things done legislatively. Too many folks up there now with terribly narrow views and terribly whack views. Where have all the realists gone?

I'm really happy for the folks of Ukraine. They must be riding high on their victory of the populace. Wish we could catch soma that fever here. They're makin us look bad!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Like the saying goes, if you ignore freedom, it will go away.

So true.

btw, True Lies, that's a nice lookin pup ya got there.
Wuff!

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Wish we could catch soma that fever here. They're makin us look bad!

At this point in time, thats not to hard.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper

I thought I'd never see the day when any country in the Old Soviet Union's orbit would show the USA true Democracy in action. Their presidential vote was stolen and they rose up to demand the government get it straight. Incredible.. Are we in this country so fat 'n happy, drugged out, spoiled rotten and lazy, that we just roll over and allow this (or any administration) to just steal and walk away with the most important election in our nation?

One thing is for certain.. if we are not willing to stand up to the corrupt establishment and demand truth and accountability in governance, we the people will get what we deserve.

The Ukraine and other former USSR countries have democracy ONLY because of America.

You describe the liberal left very well in your post----and that is why America is not at peak performance----lazy, fat, spoiled lefties hold it down.

You lefties are mad because you cant steal the election in America, and turn this great country into a leftist hellhole.

Sleeper, Sush.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Carseller4,

For your conspiracys to be true, you have to believe that Republicans are alot more smarter than democrats. George Bush is the Republican leader, so he must be the smartest man in America.

Umm...No. Bush is a schmuck. His handlers are the intelligent ones. The puppet is wood, its the people pulling th puppets strings that you must be wary of.

Also why would democrats just sit back and let elections be "stolen"?

Why did you sit back and let Clinton get elected for 2 terms? Its the same answer as the answer to your question above.

Ok, I knew that Bush is just a "puppet" response would show up. That is the typical liberal response. Give the credit to Bush or his "creators", same difference to me.

The big difference between Republicans and democrats and the Clinton and Bush elections is...Republicans didn't cry and say the election was stolen. Yes, we hated Clinton's politics, but we respected the election process, and didn't try to defame it.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
but we respected the election process, and didn't try to defame it.

The rest of your post is not even worth responding to. I will address this though. If Bush had a shred of respectable decency in him, us Liberals WOULD respect him.

One of these days, someone will be able to explain to me why conservatives always try to put down all other opinions that they dont agree with. Why is that? I try to reply with a bit of civility, and this mush mouth reply is what I get back. It seems to be a recourring theme amoung most neocons on this board when they hear something that doesnt align to thier almighty dogma

Keep hateing Carseller, keep hateing.............

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   

but we respected the election process, and didn't try to defame it.

The rest of your post is not even worth responding to. I will address this though. If Bush had a shred of respectable decency in him, us Liberals WOULD respect him.

Keep hateing Carseller, keep hateing.............

Hate is why the democrats got crushed in the last election. What I am doing is far from hating. It is being smug, conceited, Itoldyousoish
and generally jovial pointing out hypocracy.

Your side lost and you blame "the vast right wing conspiracy", well just keep up your Bush-bashing, and not coming up with any new ideas. That way we will keep Republican leadership for years to come!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Hate is why the democrats got crushed in the last election. What I am doing is far from hating. It is being smug, conceited, Itoldyousoish
and generally jovial pointing out hypocracy.

Now you are showing you ignorance and comming accross as an Arse. I would HARDLY call a 51% of the vote "crushing". The only hypocracy you are pointing out is your own. Crushing? HARDLEY!

Your side lost and you blame "the vast right wing conspiracy", well just keep up your Bush-bashing, and not coming up with any new ideas. That way we will keep Republican leadership for years to come!

Only if your guys keep being cheats and liars so they can steal more elections.

Cartrader, you have some problems that a littl prozac might help. Other than that, you are completely lost. You utter pure nonsense. You make false accusations and claims. And you purposfully attempt to troll someone into a big argument. Please grow up. If you want to debate with me, fine. But please do it better than a 6 year old boy on the playground having a tempertantrum. If you cant reply with a tad bit of civility, just dont reply to my post any more. You can even press that little ignore button on the left if you want. It might do us both a favor if you just ignored me.

Keep hating.........

[edit on 12/30/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Ok, I knew that Bush is just a "puppet" response would show up.

So.. you actually do not acknowledge the fact that Bush is the biggest puppet we've ever had in the White House?
Could you explain to us why Bush was incapable of testifying before the 9-11 commission without Uncle Dick there holding his hand. Forget about the fact that they would only allow him to show up ONCE and not UNDER OATH. As much as I loathed Clinton, I have to say, the man could speak for himself.

The big difference between Republicans and democrats and the Clinton and Bush elections is...Republicans didn't cry and say the election was stolen.

Uh.. Maybe that's because he did not steal those elections. He obviously didn't have to. Which, for me, was a bitter pill to swallow. But I did. I actually left politics for a while after the '96 election because I was so disgusted by America electing such a philandering political whore. The 2000 election sucked me back in.

As far as your comments regarding Democrats being full of hate. Honestly, I'm a Republican and I have to say, one reason I did not vote that way this time around is because I have never heard so much hate dripping from tongues as I've heard the last couple of years - coming from the right side of the aisle - oh yeah - and who could ever forget Zig Zag Zell Miller's atrocious, obnoxious performance at the GOP convention?!
Talk about a tool!
He let the GOP use him as their poster boy for pure hatred and idiocy.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

As much as I loathed Clinton, I have to say, the man could speak for himself.

And Clinton wasnt afraid to testify under oath. He had NOTHING to hide, unlike Bush.

philandering political whore.

C'mon now, thats my hero your talking about

and who could ever forget Zig Zag Zell Miller's atrocious, obnoxious performance at the GOP convention?!
Talk about a tool!
He let the GOP use him as their poster boy for pure hatred and idiocy.

" I wish we lived in a time where duels were still legal!" (Zell Miller, 2004 RNC)
Best quote of the RNC!

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Don't worry, Kid.. Reagan is my favorite prez right after Lincoln. I get hammered all the time by my friends on the left. Before the Shrub came along, they thot Reagan was Satan's baby. He's lookin pretty good these days!

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
I keep reading that the US exit polls were fine.....

.....everywhere except where the electronic voting took place.

lol
Get real. Electronic voting took place all over democratic areas, including my state, and I have yet to hear any complaints.
Seems only Dems in Repub areas are the ones still reluctant to face reality....

(Bush and Co stole 2000 & 2004 IMHO.
I cannot see any other reasonable conclusion.

Well, 2004 I can say for sure they didn't steal it. They really didn't win it either they just didn't lose.
People always forget Bush was up against Kerry. My big toe could have beaten Kerry.

Sorry but that being the case the USA is just not a democracy anymore.....

It never was in the first place....

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Don't worry, Kid.. Reagan is my favorite prez right after Lincoln. I get hammered all the time by my friends on the left. Before the Shrub came along, they thot Reagan was Satan's baby. He's lookin pretty good these days!

Reagan was a saint compared to Bush
Im just glad you didnt pick carter over Reagan
I know, wrong party, but that peanut farmer was a crock!

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yeah, No ShiZit!
It's just nice that folks dont rant on about Reagan like they used to.. he didn't have his own ideas (WHATEVA!), he was gonna blow up the world.. largest deficits in history.. on and on.. I don't care what anyone sez, Reagan was the man.

The Shrub makes his own dad seem like a great prez, too. (He was a great commander-in-chief, I'll give him that). As for Carter (
) I couldn't stand that guy - as president. It was never personal, just professional. He straight out sucked!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join