It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashley Madison, infamous infidelity website, target of data hack

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Of course, infidelity IS illegal in Muslim countries...punishable by death, I believe (at least for the wife).
Is this an international site?

Key words "for the wife". That's certainly a moral and ethical law, isn't it?

link   
a reply to: FalafelBallz

It's not really anonymous because anyone can sign up and see all the other people who have put themselves on the site.

I really don't get why this is so hard for people to understand. If you want to know if someone you're involved with is on one of these sites, just sign up yourself.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

A "big person" can debate with their own thoughts instead of using biased rancidity disguised as a study, in which the test subjects have zero credibility while using childish mannerisms to try and devalue the opponent.

No one said neener neener, no one but you.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Why do we even have laws?

You don't think the law should evolve as our understanding evolves?

And apparently cheating is illegal, so my point is irrelevant.

I don't wish to be involved in yours or anyone else's relationship problems. But I believe people who enter into a monogamous relationship deserve to be protected, since cheating is devastating.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
... in which the test subjects have zero credibility...

I am sorry, Charles, are you refuting that from a psychology journal that you self-published or an actual, peer-reviewed one?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Regarding the legalities of the situation, no matter how I feel about infidelity, these customers were promised privacy by the company, and from a strictly legal standpoint, they deserve it. The hackers should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law if caught.

That's how I feel from an unemotional objective standpoint. From a personal standpoint, I hope the company goes out of business, and all the scumbag cheaters participating are too scared to ever participate in anything like it again.

Very well stated. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I understand that. I was merely stating that that is what the site assures its users in respect to their personal data.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: butcherguy
If you have a bunch of love letters from your mistress stored in a box and your wife finds it, who is at fault....
You?
or
The box?

What if someone broke into the house, smashed open the box, and gave her the letters?

Who's at fault then?

Good point.
But I still wish I had found out sooner and I have zero sympathy for a cheater.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm basing it on the fact that this "peer reviewed study" you're promoting is based on the testimony of liars...

Here is a question for you...
What makes you think cheaters are going to be honest when asked why they cheated?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I don't think you get it.

My reply to you was only it SHOULD be illegal, I have a right to my opinion. Every response you have made to me is about cheating being something you think shoukd not be covered by law.

You have made no other point in your debate with me.

I am arguing that infidelity should be illegal, if you are debating me you are suggesting it should be legal.

This is how a debate works. If you agree that infidelity is wrong and should be illegal, then you know what you are doing.

Otherwise you are in support of legal indefinitely, since there is no other side to the debate from Me.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

What makes you think cheaters are going to be honest when asked why they cheated?

I'll take that question.

The researchers made sure they didn't have their fingers crossed when they answered the questions.

Really.

Why is this so hard for some to understand!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I'm basing it on the fact that this "peer reviewed study" you're promoting is based on the testimony of liars...

Putting peer reviewed in quotes does not make any less legitimate despite your puerile desire for it to be so.

Ask the author, although I am sure you would not take their opinion on this either.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Where I disagree is when you said both people in the marriage are usually to blame for one person cheating.

As I said to Charlie, if you disagree please post some studies that disprove the one I linked which was one of many.

Your link states some of the problems marriages have - it doesn't blame the non-cheating partner in any way for the act of cheating.

That's like a mother nearly beating her toddler to death and trying to justify it by saying that the toddler was acting very badly. The toddler can take the blame for acting badly, but should not in any way be held responsible for the mother's horrendous actions.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
I don't think you get it.

My reply to you was only it SHOULD be illegal, I have a right to my opinion.

Stop lying, you said:

I am not condoning hacking, but this site needs to be shut down. Freedom of Speech does not need to include freedom of immorality.

Show me the word 'should' in there. You made it clear it NEEDS to be shut down since it disagrees with your morality.

Every response you have made to me is about cheating being something you think shoukd not be covered by law.

Stop lying. I said PRIVACY is something that is protected by law.

This is how a debate works.

Frankly you have no clue how a debate works since you cannot even remember what you said and when you said it.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Tell me, how does one expect to get information on WHY a cheater cheated if not from the cheater themselves?

You're entire argument of "testimony of liars" is predicated on the assumption that gathering the information is possible via other means. And while there are certainly signs and evidence you can gather for why someone cheated, more often than not, it's best to get the information straight from the horses mouth.

I can tell you, I've never, ever cheated. But the one time I NEARLY did, it's because I felt underappreciated in my (at that time) current relationship. He seemed distant, unwanting, and generally ignored me a lot. I felt worthless, and this other guy made me feel like I was WANTED and WORTH something. He listened, and talked, and laughed with me.

I luckily ended my relationship with BOTH men before I made a mistake, but I can attest that I nearly cheated for many of the reasons listed in the study.

Am I a liar too? Or just an "almost" liar?

link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Why do we even have laws?

You don't think the law should evolve as our understanding evolves?

And apparently cheating is illegal, so my point is irrelevant.

I don't wish to be involved in yours or anyone else's relationship problems. But I believe people who enter into a monogamous relationship deserve to be protected, since cheating is devastating.

23 states still have laws regarding adultery. All states did at one time. We're making progress, but we aren't there yet.

No. We don't deserve to be protected. Any time you enter into a relationship with someone else, you make yourself vulnerable. It isn't the states job to keep you and me from getting our heart broken. It's our responsibility to get over it, and move on with our life. If you legislate this nationwide again. What will be next? And what will be after that? We have to grow up now, and become adults. It's time to take responsibility for ourselves, instead of inviting intervention every time we get our feelings hurt.

edit on 7/20/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Your link states some of the problems marriages have - it doesn't blame the non-cheating partner in any way for the act of cheating.

Read it again:

The person committing the infidelity will often describe having felt unappreciated, lonely, and sad.

People's perception is their reality and if someone feels their partner makes them feel 'unappreciated, lonely, and sad' then that person's perception needs to be addressed.

That's like a mother nearly beating her toddler to death and trying to justify it by saying that the toddler was acting very badly. The toddler can take the blame for acting badly, but should not in any way be held responsible for the mother's horrendous actions.

No it is not, this is about two adults in an emotionally and sexual relationship and the struggles they may face TOGETHER.

link   

I wasn't debating against privacy, so your answers remain irrelevant to what I was saying.

Nevermind, our entire conversation should be deleted by the mods.

Since one or both of us have no understanding of the others point.

Needs/should, semantics nothing more.
edit on 20-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

their opinion on this either.

their opinion

opinion

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

This is not about broken hearts. This is about life long traumatic PTSD.

And I will let you tell my mother she needs to simply get over it and move on.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join